• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • 2048 is a game where you are on a 4x4 square and you are trying to combine numbers to make 2048.
    2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 and 2048.

Once you get one block to 2048, you win.

Has anyone beat it yet or anything?

It's an App on Apple and Android, however I'm sure it's on the Internet.

Years
  • I have not beat it as it is quite hard. If you are looking for a spin on 2048, on the android market there is a game called "Flappy 48".

Take 2048 and Flappy bird and mash them up together...out comes Flappy 48! It's interesting and fun.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I believe it started on the internet, so here's the original link for people who don't know it: http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

I've found that once you beat it, it's really easy to beat repeatedly. I thought I'd be finished with it once I got the 2048th tile once but I keep going back to it again and again, haha.

This is my favourite variant: http://joppi.github.io/2048-3D/ It's a 3D version of it and it's a little easier once you get the hang of the mechanics because you get more space to work with.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Never beat it, my high score's 10788 and I always die shortly after reaching the 1024 tile.

The only alternate version I've played is Doge2048, I actually played that before the original game so I didn't even notice there was a pattern to it, just thought it was some random matching game lol.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I haven't beaten it yet. Although I try every day on my train ride home. I had two 1024 tiles once, but couldn't join them :(

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I beat it once when I was plying the doge one, and I got really close on the pokemon one.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Once I realized that I got the same score hitting up right down left over and over as I did when focusing hard...I gave up.

Years
    • Seen today
    I haven't beaten it yet, but my high score is 8,028.

I play it every day.

Years
  • Wait, so is the point of the game to get 2048, or get the highest score possible? @_@ I've tried playing it once, but failed to understand the concept...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    1024 is the highest single number I've ever got on the board at once, but I've not managed to beat it. I always get stuck and start panicking when I'm sure there are probably very easy ways around the situations I get trapped on. It's such an addictive little game but thankfully I only get to play it on my brother's phone so it's not taken up much of my time yet!

Midorikawa

Ryuusei Trainer
    Years
  • I have yet to beat it. I think 512 tile is the highest I've gotten. There are versions for pretty much anything you like of it. Seriously if you want a Game of Thrones version, type game of thrones 2048 into google and you can find it. However I have the app on my phone for out of the house play.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I beat it once, but never again. I can still consistently get high scores in the 10000 range though.

The doge version is the best version of 2048 though. I absolutely love that version. I also stumbled upon a Tales of Xillia version, which I found rather amusing.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The doge version is the best version of 2048 though. I absolutely love that version. I also stumbled upon a Tales of Xillia version, which I found rather amusing.
    The Tales of Xillia version was the first version I beat and it's the version I play the most, hahaha.
    Wait, so is the point of the game to get 2048, or get the highest score possible? @_@ I've tried playing it once, but failed to understand the concept...
    Either one, I guess. You "beat" the game when you manage to create the 2048 tile. The numbered versions will usually let you continue on to get a higher score if you want, after that, but the fandom/image versions usually stop there and make you start over.

The score acts as a good indicator of how far you made it if you either haven't beaten it yet or continue on often after you beat it, but it's not really the point of the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    I did it few days ago. 9th or 10th attempt.

Tip from me: keep the largest numbers on the bottom, and move other blocks only left/right/down.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I have yet to conquer it. Personal best is 1024 with a 512 and a 128 lying around. .w."

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    It's worth noting that all of these are inspired by 1024 which in itself is a shameless ripoff of Threes, which is delightful. If you have an iOS device, do yourself a favour and get it. It's essentially the same concept but Threes was the first one to put it out there and they're still the ones who refine it best, I think. Plus the soundtrack is absolutely mesmerising.

Back