• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

25 and still into Pokemon

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I get told all the time that I need to grow up and stop being interested in things like Pokemon and the Pokemon TCG, But with my birthday tomorrow (24) I still have no intention of changing and will continuation my card collection and game collection till Pokemon eventually stops. To me there is nothing wrong with something you enjoy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    There are probably more Pokemon fans aged 18-27 than the range that Pokemon generally targets, honestly. That being said, it's probably more weird to be a 9 year old that likes Pokemon. lol

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Like I said I saw much more adult playing pokemon that I saw kids. I think pokemon followed our generation instead of still getting popular with kids. If you take a look in the competitve world, this is maybe too hard for children. All the kids I saw only play the in-game and I remember my little cousin who LOVE pokemon, and used a water type move on a persian because "it's a cat so it doesn't like water" (that was cute).

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I think that you have your answer, but I'll still chime in: I'm 26 and I still play the main series games.

Also, I'll leave this here:
    25 and still into Pokemon
    :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Honestly?

NOOOOO! It's not weird at all. In this life you like what you like, who says you aren't aloud too? You do what makes you happy, for me at this stage of my life I'm into Pokemon in a big way. That may change, you never know. But for now enjoy it and who cares what anyone thinks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2015
    I'm 23, and I still enjoy pokemon =)
    Heck, I have an uncle who is 32, and he is still into pokemon. He plays it with his 6-year old son, and they trade pokemon to complete the pokedex.

Kinda like card games, or pinball, or any casual passtime - Many adults find it shameful to like peaceful relaxing things "meant for children", so they put stakes on it - gambling money, or pursuing a high score, or theming it around violence/romance.

Many people will refuse to watch anime, but they'll go watch Frozen in theaters five times.
    It's a society thing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    I don't get why people think it's weird to play Pokémon at older ages. It's just something people enjoy, and in my opinion not really something only kids should enjoy. I'm only 16 but some people still say "Isn't that something for kids?". I just tell them I enjoy it and that I don't care what I should be to enjoy something. Just do the things that make you happy.

TL;DR: Nope, it's not weird at all :)

Ovi

A PokeTuber Maniac!
    Years
    Hahahaha, There is nothing wrong with being older and still in Pokémon. I think is admirable to have found something you liked as a kid and still enjoy it Today. A lot of people don't have that. I am 26 and I get exited for the new games as much as when I was 10. There are tons of other Pokémon fans like us, this why there are places like this to find those who have something in common with you!

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2014
    It's awesome, and it means you still have those classic childhood memories of when Pokemon first came to the States! I can't stand talking to younger fans who have never played RBY or seen the Kanto or Jhoto cartoons

pkmin3033

My mother has you beat - she's 48 and she's played every Pokemon game right alongside me since I got Yellow and gave her my copy of Red. xD

But seriously, I don't see the problem with being older and playing Pokemon...or anything else, for that matter. Your interests are your own, and if people have a problem with that, then it's their problem and not yours. All that matters is that you enjoy yourself. It's not weird at all, especially considering a lot of Pokemon fans have stuck with the franchise since it was first released.

Reactions: Nah

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Psh. I'm 26, and I still play pokemon. It's probably the only game I play the most out of everything else I have. I hardly ever play my PS Vita. I'm always on my 3DS playing older Pokemon games or the recent one. XD I think you'll find quite a few people who like pokemon aren't all kids.

Years
    Im 24 myself and still love pokemon. It doenst matter what your age is even if you are 80 years old and love pokemon. You should do what you like. That is what matters!

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    I don't think playing pokemon games need to be younger, even my 54 year old father still playing pokemon. Btw, i'm 14, but i don't care what my age is as long as i'm enjoy.

Guest123_x1

I don't find it weird that you still like Pokémon at your age. Heck, I'm a year older than you are and still am into it somewhat. What I find odd instead is that most people my age don't even talk about it much anymore, even if they were big-time fans back in the day.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    I have read through all of these posts and am surprised by you even asking, I won't say my age but I am older than all of you that posted and am still into it and don't see myself giving up on it any time soon. It does all depend on what you like and not weird at all, I still carry and play my 3ds in town and into stores, kids will ask "what you playing" and it's always pokemon.

Years
    No way is it weird, i am currently 23 years old and still playing and i will not stop lol. i am hoping to continue playing with my daughter when she grows up.

Back