• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 2DS or 3DS?

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
    I have a 3DS. I don't need to get another console, especially as I have wifi access for the things I will be unable to obtain.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I have a (not so shiny anymore) blue 3DS XL which was a nice gift from someone who went to the USA and got me one. I may get a 2DS to trade with myself, but knowing my country, it's going to be obscenely expensive and not worth it.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Already got a 3DS XL that I plan on using specifically for X and Y.

Allow me to make a suggestion: get more 3DS games. You won't be disappointed. The 3DS has a lot of pretty good titles, even more so than the Wii U currently.

I love the 3DS. Mine was free and it's the best gift I've got in years.

Years
    I already got a 3ds
    but I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand DS lite for RNG or
    buy a 2nd hand 3ds so I can play with my sisters :D
    or wait for the next console after 3ds XL then buy a brand new of it.
    might as well wait and see on what will happen on Nintendo ^_^

Years
    I'm already the owner of a 3DS XL, and I have been for about 6 months now, just specifically for preparations on X and Y, though I have also purchased other 3DS games as well along the way.

Years
    Traded in my sea green 3DS for the blue XY 3DS XL! Loving it and can't wait for the release. (Betting there will be a line for both items)

I saw the commercial for the 2DS a minute ago too. It looked like it'd be awkward to hold but I don't really know.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    i think i get a 2ds i have an ebay offer on a 3ds but pretty sure i a going to be overbidded there.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
    I already have a 3DS and I see no point in buying a different one.
    Although I do envy people who have a 3DS XL a little. :')
    I usually don't care too much for the XL consoles but in this case.. X/Y seems to have really neat graphics and me thinks it probably IS worth it on a 3DS XL. 3:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    2DS, koffi~

I am really tired of the 'clamshell' design of Nintendo's handhelds and this is just the break they need. They probably won't go into 3D much more in the future. A friend let me look at his 3DS and it was awful looking at the 3D feature. It was a Fire Emblem game and every time I clicked the D-Pad the screen moved, causing the 3D to move. He told me it was fairly worthless for him. I did enjoy the size of the console though. I just think the 2DS will be better for me. I'm not too big on portability or 3D, and since I could handle the Gamboy Advance Micro and the 'Shaq' controller, I think I'll do just fine, koffi~

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    I had 3DS a while back but I sold it because I needed the money. I'm going to buy another 3DS instead of a 2DS because I don't like how the 2DS doesn't fold so I can't carry it around in my pocket.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    I have a 3DS XL and I don't see the point of sacrificing the 3D effect and buying a 2DS. For some of the games, the 3D doesn't add much. But the ones I typically play (like Mario Kart 7 take full advantage of the 3D effect and it looks amazing.

I drive a lot and I've noticed that staring at a tiny 2D screen for hours impedes my depth perception. But if I play games like Mario Kart with the 3D on... that actually improved my driving skills.

I can't remember the last time I played a 3DS game with the 3D turned off.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I have a 3DS (which I got for Animal Crossing last Christmas) which I will use. :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm planning to get a 3DS XL hopefully sometime before Christmas. While the 2DS is cheaper, I don't like the look of it and it looks rather uncomfortable. I'd get a 3DS but I want an XL cause of how big it is and want to play X and Y on the biggest screens possible. I know the XL is the most expensive of the bunch, but I don't mind paying an extra 40 dollars for it (and maybe Nintendo will drop the price after the 2DS is released and more refurbished/used XLs might be available by then).

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I got my 3DS XL before the summer holidays so that I would have something to play on. It was the right decision. Currently playing Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem, but can't wait for Pokemon. Especially since I haven't picked up neither Black nor White nor Black 2 or White 2.

Back