• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 3 on 3 BATTLES!!!!

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
    I like the idea but if only you battle 3vs3 on some important moments, a gym battle, a fight with team rock...with the new villans, the battle for the championship, etc.

You know that won't happen, there's always going to be random battles with this kind of feature. Just like the 2v2 battles, they had regular trainers battle you with it in the last two gens.

Amew

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    This could be made very cool if new 3-on-3 moves were added.

TAKE THIS! TRIPLE FINISH!

^ first thing that came to my mind.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
    Argh, too distracting D:

...then again, I adore the two on two battles purely because the battle tower gives me a better chance at sending out a super effective pokemon >_o

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    i like the idea of having blastoise, charizard, and venisaur out at the same time

yeah.
    All three starters out at the same time would be pwnage!
    It would b da best team with most weaknesses ruled out by another pokemon in the team.
    (bulbasuar attacks piplup, torchic comes in and destroys bulbasuar first!)
    It'll be great if they have counterattack an option 2 like in the pokewalker.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    Golden Sun has it, and I'm guessing GF wanted to implement it to please different spectrums of preference.

yeah but Golden Sun doesn't have over 600 Playable Characters
    it only has 4 Elemental Types not 17!
    plus to add on that about a hundred different Abilities plus more!

this will probably be more intense than most Turn-Based RPG battles O_e
    Final Fantasy just got PWNED?... maybe...

just saying that i just came to accept this haha
    this could either be really annoying or really freakin fun!
    Champion! here i come with my Tri-Attack!.. oh wait.. that's been copy righted already huh?...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    yeah but Golden Sun doesn't have over 600 Playable Characters
    it only has 4 Elemental Types not 17!
    plus to add on that about a hundred different Abilities plus more!

this will probably be more intense than most Turn-Based RPG battles O_e
    Final Fantasy just got PWNED?... maybe...

just saying that i just came to accept this haha
    this could either be really annoying or really freakin fun!
    Champion! here i come with my Tri-Attack!.. oh wait.. that's been copy righted already huh?...

it will proly be a lot like the Digimon DS games

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    it will proly be a lot like the Digimon DS games
    +1

I like the way the battles in those games are set up. Besides, there probably are going to be new attacks with a range that will affect three Pokemon, or change the mechanics of old attacks. So there will be new strategies just for three-on-three battles, just like how there are strategies for two-on-two and single.

Before people say that would make it too easy, I know I heard a Golden Sun reference here or there. Count the moves you can do there...
    I remember other RPGs where it would take me quite a few scroll-downs through rows of three attacks before I found the one I wanted. Compared to other RPGs (even the newer Digimon games), five attacks in Pokemon wouldn't be that much. If Pokemon is just compared in its own world and not to other RPGs, then it might be seen as a big change. I mean, we've only been allowed four attacks for years now. Changing that would be a big deal.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    This would make competitive battling a mess but it should be fun in game.

yup so i know this was first page but im going to comment on it anyway;

having triple battles in-game doesn't affect the viability of single battles played competitively. i mean, double battles hardly make a splash now. why would triple be any different?

also, i think this is a terrible idea and i dont think it'll work well at all. but nintendo will probably find some way to prove me wrong. :>

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Why do Pokemon battles in the style of Disgaea sound like such a good idea?

It's because there are so many Pokemon in the series. So of course a tactical battle system would be in demand. Not that it'll ever happen, but maybe someone will incorporate it into a fangame. It would definitely make things interesting.

As for the triple battles, all I can say is it's about time. How long have we been asking for this? Pretty much since double battles were announced. This will require all sorts of new strategies to be thought up. And Smogon and all you guys that spent all that time overanalyzing the double battle system and creating those tiers, all I can say is this. HAA HAA!!! It's all useless now!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    It's Yay and Nay at the same time for me.
    Yay= I'd be fun to play and take a lot of stragity to win
    Nay = Moves like Earthquake, surf and Swift would be extremly WEAK!
    Earthquake would be like 25 damage swift would be like 15?
    Wow they better fix this.

Back