• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3 weakest pokemon types

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    normal
    poison
    ghost
    in my opion are the three WEAKEST pokemon types

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Steel may be a poor choice for attacking, but it's excellent for tanks and walls (Skarmory and Bronzong, anyone?).

Anyway, my vote has to go for Poison, Normal, and Psychic.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Steel may be a poor choice for attacking, but it's excellent for tanks and walls (Skarmory and Bronzong, anyone?).

Anyway, my vote has to go for Poison, Normal, and Psychic.

Those would be it. Ghosts are very good...many resistances, 2 types don't even touch them...great pokemon. Steels are great for defensive play, but offensive they are lol...except meteor mash on metagross.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    We're not discussing specific Pokemon, keep in mind, we're talking about the types advantages/weaknesses.

I beg to differ on Normal-types being weak, absolutely no advantages but only one disadvantage. Think of how many disadvantages Flying-type Pokemon have. Well now, for my opinion on the weakest Pokemon types:

~Normal
    ~Steel
    That's it =O

@Anti-Pop: What do you mean 2 types not even touching them? I can only think of Normal, y'know =l

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    We're not discussing specific Pokemon, keep in mind, we're talking about the types advantages/weaknesses.

Those were just examples. The advantage of the Steel type is its few weaknesses and many resistances, making it excellent for walls and tanks (such as Skarmory or Bronzong).

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Sadly, my favorite type, poison, has bad coverage. lol effective on grass types only.
    That being said, poison does have some versatile Pokemon. Plus, don't forget popular guys like Crobat and Gengar are poison too.

Anti

return of the king
    Years

I beg to differ on Normal-types being weak, absolutely no advantages but only one disadvantage. Think of how many disadvantages Flying-type Pokemon have. Well now, for my opinion on the weakest Pokemon types:

~Normal
    ~Steel
    That's it =O

@Anti-Pop: What do you mean 2 types not even touching them? I can only think of Normal, y'know =l

Fighting. Fighting types don't hurt ghosts. To respond to a later post, fighting types are nice attack types, and only have 2 weaknesses...that's pretty good. And it is the one sure-fire way to destroy TTar, the ultimate threat in the metagame.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Based Only on Base Stats...

1) Dragon with an average of 82.3 (494 Total)
    2) Steel with an average of 76.7 (460 Total)
    3) Psychic with an average of 73.8 (443 Total)
    15) Normal with an average of 62.7 (376 Total)
    16) Grass with an average of 62.3 (374 Total)
    17) Bug with an average of 58.5 (351 Total)

Overall I would say the worst three types are Bug, Normal and Poison in no order.

TWOFACE

Years
    hard to say but i think those r the weakest
    bug (weak attacks)
    grass (very slow)
    normal (don't have super effect against any type)

Masami

:D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    There really can't be a worst type. If a type has bad offense, it usually has good defense, like steel. And types like rock, that have great coverage, have a ton of weaknesses as well. If I had to chose one I'd say poison though. Worst attack type, and weak to ground.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    grass bug and poison based on weaknesses, stats and the funny thing is, you'll find a combination of these quite often bug/poison grass/poison

Years
    Poison is definitely the worst because of its really poor type coverage. The only other type I think is bad is Psychic. Its type coverage is poor as well.

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
    As soon as I learnt that Bug were effective against psychic, I kinda changed my opinion on Bug because most Psychic pokemon are really strong.. so one Bug move could knock them down in some cases, which caught my interest..
    I think that Normal pokemon are the worst off.. although they are the cutest.. such a risk to use them -_-;

Back