• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokémon the Series: XYZ Debuts This Weekend!

Years
Given I'm in Australia, we tend to delay new episodes until a while after they air in the US. So at this point expect us to maybe get it in April or May. I'm mostly anticipating as to what Puni-chan will be renamed to in the dub, but I'm likely expecting them to just go with Squishy since Puni-chan's name means "squishy".

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Time to record the whole series, since it airs at a time where I'm asleep. Too bad I'll have to watch the first recorded episode Sunday because of a Splatfest taking place this Saturday.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 23, 2017
Very excited can't stand japanese actors myself (Well most of the time at least) so happy to see this. Feels it took a long time but maybe it was just the hype of a new arc

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Very excited can't stand japanese actors myself (Well most of the time at least) so happy to see this. Feels it took a long time but maybe it was just the hype of a new arc

I prefer the sub version other than the dubbed one.. atleast for XY. Not so fond of the voice actors, the opening themes and the background music.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 23, 2017
I prefer the sub version other than the dubbed one.. atleast for XY. Not so fond of the voice actors, the opening themes and the background music.

My issue with subbed anime is it feels the japanese actors are yelling everything XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
My issue with subbed anime is it feels the japanese actors are yelling everything XD

when i first heard serena's dubbed voice I was like : " wtf..".
I can ignore the aweful opening songs we have this gen (The dubbed one), but the background music is just too much hehe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 23, 2017
when i first heard serena's dubbed voice I was like : " wtf..".
I can ignore the aweful opening songs we have this gen (The dubbed one), but the background music is just too much hehe

Awful? I feel it is the first time we have good songs since the 4Kids era. The only Jap songs I liked were the Gen 4 ones and the last one before the one with the chain smoker singing lol But even those I just listen to the fan covers like Shadow Link who is really good.

Don't get me wrong I am not calling you out or anything. Now that I think about it I don't think it is I hate the japanese songs it is just hard to get into something you have to read over letting it flow into your ears. But that is just me. I just can't stand the jap actors and most of the songs. I think the issue with the dub songs is the 30 sec rule. It makes them end so abruptly compared to a minute long song. Even if they did dub the jap songs the 30 second rule would just make them sound very weird. No idea why CN has this rule yet Boomerang can air old eps with the full 60 sec theme.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Oh, awesome. I'm excited to see how the XYZ dub goes. I've been following the anime on a weekly basis since the very first episode of the Diamond & Pearl saga, which was all the way back in 2007, so I've been at this for nine years. I don't intend to stop. Excited to hear what Team Flare is going to sound like and what Punie-chan will be renamed to, hopefully it'll be renamed something adorable.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 23, 2017
Oh, awesome. I'm excited to see how the XYZ dub goes. I've been following the anime on a weekly basis since the very first episode of the Diamond & Pearl saga, which was all the way back in 2007, so I've been at this for nine years. I don't intend to stop. Excited to hear what Team Flare is going to sound like and what Punie-chan will be renamed to, hopefully it'll be renamed something adorable.

Wait does Punie mean puny in Japanese? If so they could keep it right?

Years
As I expected, they renamed Puni-chan to Squishy:
Spoiler:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
That near-three month break from the anime has been killer x_x really glad that we're getting new episodes again. I have been looking forward to this season since first hearing about it when it was revealed in Japan. We finally get to see Team Flare make a proper appearance, Ash and Alain cross paths, and the Master Class!

However I am a scrub and didn't even think to queue the new series on my DVR since I'm so used to the episodes being automatically recorded, so I still haven't watched the first episode and can't until it's on demand :\

As I expected, they renamed Puni-chan to Squishy

I actually prefer the name Squishy over Puny ;P

Back