• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    WITHIN THIS ARTICLE, you can:

• See the confirmed information
    • View the Direct video
    • View images via an image gallery

1456499338699-1038x576.png

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are the newest games. And Bank has a neat new addition coming to it! You can discuss general information within this thread. [Comments will also appear within the article.]

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    CONFIRMED !!![SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, plz]

MAN, JUST SAW THE POKEMON DIRECT CAN'T BELIEVE IT....

POKEMON SUN & MOON ARE FINALLY CONFIRMED AND WILL BE RELEASING THIS WINTER !!!!!!!!!....

SEE THIS WAS MY REACTION WHEN I FIRST HEARD THE NEWS, SO HOW ABOUT YOURS ? PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL OF US ^^

RxU3l9.png

EDIT - For seeing the trailer click this link ->
    http://kotaku.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-coming-holiday-2016-1761473403

Last edited:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I can't wait! My first reaction after watching this was "ok, I'll be buying Moon!" :D That chronology of the games was like seeing my life panning before my eyes.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Just noticed that the game will be now available in Simplified and Traditional Chinese for the first time ever. Onward to the Pokémon world domination!

Though it does seem a bit depressing that even people can get salty over Sun and Moon... well, judging from another forum's reaction thread, that is.

Either way, well, I'm optimistic!

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • I'm pretty hype, though a bit of a gameplay trailer might've been nice. I'll probably get Sun, but it's a bit too early to say for certain.

I know one thing for certain, I'm catching a Pikachu on Pokemon Blue tomorrow and sending it through PokeBank to Sun. It's gonna be my Raichu :P

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Just noticed that the game will be now available in Simplified and Traditional Chinese for the first time ever. Onward to the Pokémon world domination!

Though it does seem a bit depressing that even people can get salty over Sun and Moon... well, judging from another forum's reaction thread, that is.

Either way, well, I'm optimistic!
    Yeah, me too..hoping to see a new generation of Pokemon come to light !!
    ...and definitelt not this..

DUsgyO.png

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Judging from the concept art, it appears that our protagonist is going to look more like Red, but I wonder if the female protagonist will resemble Green/Leaf. I'll be waiting for GameXplain to do an analysis video on the trailer. With very little info about Sun & Moon, we may have to wait for next month's CoroCoro to get any info we desire.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Judging from the concept art, it appears that our protagonist is going to look more like Red, but I wonder if the female protagonist will resemble Green/Leaf. I'll be waiting for GameXplain to do an analysis video on the trailer. With very little info about Sun & Moon, we may have to wait for next month's CoroCoro to get any info we desire.
    I just saw the concept art too....and guess what there seems to be a portable pokecenter there...here. have a look ->

baPoZx.png

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • 5 minutes before the Pokemon Direct started, I grabbed my Flareon plush, I was hugging hard of pure excitement, my heart pounding fast.

As soon as I heard the confirmation of the games name (Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon) my mouth made a large smile from ear to ear! After seeing that it will be released this year, I hugged my Flareon plush even harder, smile harder and jumped in my room for a few minutes.

The short brief glance of the concept art looks awesome.
    (it will be time for me to start breeding my fox team once more)

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • Judging from the concept art, it appears that our protagonist is going to look more like Red, but I wonder if the female protagonist will resemble Green/Leaf.

That girl standing next to him looks a lot like Serena a well and could possibly be the female Player Character. Maybe we'll be following an older version of the RGBY/FRLG player character exploring the region if you choose to play as a guy and an older version of Serena if you choose to play as a girl?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    At least this was an easy summary to make considering we know next to nothing...

Still, we're getting a new game this year so I can't complain and we'll have more information soon enough.

Bay

Years
  • I just saw the concept art too....and guess what there seems to be a portable pokecenter there...here. have a look ->

baPoZx.png

Huh, I didn't notice this before. This would really be neat if this were to happen.

Even if there isn't that much info, which I already expected, I'm pretty happy that we got an announcement of the new games! Very interested when more stuff will be revealed throughout the upcoming few months.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • That girl standing next to him looks a lot like Serena a well and could possibly be the female Player Character. Maybe we'll be following an older version of the RGBY/FRLG player character exploring the region if you choose to play as a guy and an older version of Serena if you choose to play as a girl?

I doubt it, that girl in the concept art looks like an NPC trainer.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Yeah, me too..hoping to see a new generation of Pokemon come to light !!
    ...and definitelt not this..

DUsgyO.png

Stunfisk probably welcomes death. I'd love to see a new generation too. There weren't many new additions in X/Y.

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • I doubt it, that girl in the concept art looks like an NPC trainer.

I guess? That still leaves the question of who the female Player Character is if it does turn out that the male Player Character is the one from RGBY/FRLG only older. I guess it could be the FRLG Player Character as well though that remains to be seen.

Years
  • So excited about Gen 7!!! I was so shocked too. And i'm also a bit sad that it doesn't look like Gen 6 will get the conclusion it deserves any time soon.... maybe next year :)

Back