• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: The three Regi Pokémon are the next Pokémon Bank Events

Years
This is great to see more hidden ability distributions. The Regis may not be the best legendaries around but they're still worth a grab.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Looks like I'm going to have to finally resubscribe to PokeBank.

Sirfetch’d

I am SO excited for this 8) Going to nab these as soon as they are available!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My 1-year license expires in 34 days, but thankfully this comes out two days from now. The only downer about getting the Regis with their hidden abilities is that the natures are at random, so they may have the right natures to use in competitive play.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm excited to see these, though the Regis have never been among my favorites. I wish we had control over their natures, but it will be nice to see them in gen 6 with their HAs. I like Bank rewards (since I seem to be a perpetual Bank user--I'm almost out of space, and keep having to release stuff!), and I wish there were more of them, since I find them much easier to get than many of the serial code events that the series is so fond of these days.

I just renewed my Bank subscription (down to 4 days; I just added a reminder to my calendar for next year, a few days earlier so I don't almost forget again), so I'll be picking these up. Chances are, they'll sit in a box as collectibles rather than making my team, but they should be nice additions nonetheless.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Sturdy Regirock got the best outlook out of the three; allowing it to set up something given the circumstances. Light Metal Registeel is a mixed bag depending on how you want to run it, while Ice Body is similar, but the use of this Regice is forever restricted to Hail teams.

I'm such a Regice mark though I don't care.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
Years
Since the Regis' HA's haven't been on Smogon's dex yet, I presume this is the first time they are legitimately available to us. While the Regis are undeniably not the most competitive legendaries, and their HA's could have been a little bit better, just having them with their HA's for the first time is nice :) I really love these Bank events, they should do them more often :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't had any Hidden Ability Regi before, so I'm looking forward to this; I'll definitely download them when the event's around.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Ah this is good news, I'm a fan of the Regis. Hidden abilities, too? All the better.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
slap me because this is a noob question perhaps
but
what is pokemon bank? <3

It is an eshop title for the 3DS that allows you to store Pokemon you've caught from XY, ORAS, Sun & Moon, and the VC versions of R/B/Y. It costs only $5 to use it for a whole year, and once a whole year is up, you have to pay another $5 to keep it for another year. Occasionally, there are Pokemon events exclusive to Pokemon Bank such as this one.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
It is an eshop title for the 3DS that allows you to store Pokemon you've caught from XY, ORAS, Sun & Moon, and the VC versions of R/B/Y. It costs only $5 to use it for a whole year, and once a whole year is up, you have to pay another $5 to keep it for another year. Occasionally, there are Pokemon events exclusive to Pokemon Bank such as this one.

thank you!
but i am not going to buy that i think, ah well
i got a mew last month from an event over here, it is ok​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Too bad their Hidden Abilities are kind of terrible. Ice Body is mediocre at best, Sturdy is generally useless due to Regirock's bulk and Light Metal is only situationally useful (those situations are very rare). Clear Body is obviously superior to all 3.

Years
Apparently from what I've read, this is actually the first time legit HA Regis are available. But as Benadryl said, they are not as good compared to Clear Body. Ice Body does at least give Regice some passive recovery in hail, but other than that they're not impressive.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Too bad their Hidden Abilities are kind of terrible. Ice Body is mediocre at best, Sturdy is generally useless due to Regirock's bulk and Light Metal is only situationally useful (those situations are very rare). Clear Body is obviously superior to all 3.

I'm pretty sure Regirock still suffers from a OHKO from a super-effective STAB move regardless of its bulk, thus the necessity for Sturdy.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Time to resubscribe to PokeBank I guess.

My plan has been delayed for at least 6 months now.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
What natures and IVs did you guys get for these? I'm assuming it's random (and not the same for everyone), even though I feel like setting them with locked in stats and natures might be fairer since we can't soft-reset for them.

Back