• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: May's Darkrai Event has started

pkmin3033

Going to pick mine up on Thursday when I'm in town next! I already have a Darkrai event on my Y file so I'm not entirely sure if this will work (can anyone confirm or deny this?) but I can get one for my AlphaSapphire file if nothing else. I adore Darkrai, so I'm pleased about this one <3

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I went to pick mine but the attendant at Game gave me a card with Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres which, hey, I'm not complaining, but ???

I'll have to try in a different branch.

Years
Nothing for us. Sucks :(

You're not alone. Latin America missed out too.

That's one of the downsides with serial code events, the fact that some countries completely miss out. Anyways, for those who are in the countries taking part, make sure to check the OP in the monthly mythical events thread to find out where to get your serial codes.

Years
I went to pick mine but the attendant at Game gave me a card with Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres which, hey, I'm not complaining, but ???

I'll have to try in a different branch.

did u go to game in uk? they gave u a card for the HA birds? that's rather weird. they were only available at smyths

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Honestly these in-store events are a real pain for those of us not living near one. It's the reason I missed out on that Mew event earlier this year, as there's not a GameStop for miles near my university. I'm just lucky that the summer's almost here, so I'll have the time to make the drive to the nearest one (which is over 40 minutes away).

Years
did u go to game in uk? they gave u a card for the HA birds? that's rather weird. they were only available at smyths

That same legendary birds event was happening at GAME, but only for Spain. Darkrai on the other hand is at GAME for both Spain and the UK.

Years
That same legendary birds event was happening at GAME, but only for Spain. Darkrai on the other hand is at GAME for both Spain and the UK.
oh thanks. i don't get why they didn't make the bird event at game in uk too. finding a smyths stores is so annoying. only 3 in london.. whereas there's plenty of Game shops. didn't realise game operates in spain haha

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years

oh thanks. i don't get why they didn't make the bird event at game in uk too. finding a smyths stores is so annoying. only 3 in london.. whereas there's plenty of Game shops. didn't realise game operates in spain haha

Hikari got it right :P They told me it was the only event they were doing, though, which is weird. Perhaps today being a local holiday in Madrid -after yesterday being a national one as well- messed things up?

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
Hikari got it right :P They told me it was the only event they were doing, though, which is weird. Perhaps today being a local holiday in Madrid -after yesterday being a national one as well- messed things up?

To be fair, they're pretty useless here in Girona too. They gave me an out of date Hoopa card when I asked for the legendary bird one and they didn't even know the Mew event was happening! xD

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Honestly these in-store events are a real pain for those of us not living near one.
Indeed, Nintendo should get rid of them. If those event pokémon are tradeable, you should be able to get them via trade. Last method is haxing, it's possible to hax fully legit event pokémon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I like the cards you get for the event pokemon at GameStop, but I don't care for the figure packaging there. You just get the ball with the figure wrapped, at Tru they have a nice display box, gold with the nat. Dex number similar to the plush box.

Anyways was able to get my first 20th anniversary plush with Darkrai, was first in line of 3 people and the store only had 2 so had to grab it fast.
I put plastic wrap over the holes in the plastic case to keep dust out.

JolteonUsedOutrage

National Pokedex Completed!
Years
Im from Greece and not a single event pokemon is given away here... Im so sad. and i love darkrai as well. Anyone from EU that has a spare code? XD

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Missed the plush, but so far I only got Mew anyway. But I did get a few codes, only needed one but they gave me more at each store I went to looking for the plush xD

Back