• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: More Sun and Moon news July 1st

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not sure if I'm feeling too hyped considering the official website hasn't updated with Iwanko and Nekkoala yet.

Although it will certainly be cool to learn more about them. (and their english names!)

Years
  • I am still waiting for Iwanko and Nekkoala's English names, translators. But other than hoping for that I am hopefully expecting we could get more new Pokemon and maybe another new feature I guess.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • "Lord save a duck, here we go again"

- The Pokemon fandom

I hope we get the English reveals of the koala and dog too, it's strange that we still haven't heard anything. I also wonder what else we could be seeing besides the possibility of new Pokemon, I hope that until the games come out that they don't reveal too much.

Years
  • I hope we get the English reveals of the koala and dog too, it's strange that we still haven't heard anything. I also wonder what else we could be seeing besides the possibility of new Pokemon, I hope that until the games come out that they don't reveal too much.

I agree, keep some Pokemon secret until release. The main issue we had with X/Y was that we found out the entire new Pokemon roster (barring Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion, who were later discovered by hackers) before we even got our hands on the games due to leaks on the internet. We also knew every single new Mega for OR/AS before game release as well, thanks to them all being officially revealed in CoroCoro or in trailers leading up to the release day.

Years
  • I think we'll get the English names of Iwanko and Nekkoala and now that we have a few Pokemon revealed maybe we'll see some more in-game areas or another new feature.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • I'm excited with just how much the graphics improved since ORAS, I mean just look at all of the Character Models, They no longer look like Chibis in the Overworld :D

Also I'm hoping they make Pokemon Amie more seamless with the environment and more immersive, Like make the background change depending on your location, etc.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm excited with just how much the graphics improved since ORAS, I mean just look at all of the Character Models, They no longer look like Chibis in the Overworld :D

Also I'm hoping they make Pokemon Amie more seamless with the environment and more immersive, Like make the background change depending on your location, etc.

This so much. The exploration part of it is going to easily be my favorite part of it. I also couldn't help but notice that the vegetation along the routes in the E3 video are almost realistically proportioned as well.

A thought came to me, but I wonder if we'll get a couple of the Gym Leaders this go-around, also whichever "secret" that the starter Pokemon are supposed to have. The latter one I'm hoping they hold off and let us discover it in the games ourselves.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • This so much. The exploration part of it is going to easily be my favorite part of it. I also couldn't help but notice that the vegetation along the routes in the E3 video are almost realistically proportioned as well.

A thought came to me, but I wonder if we'll get a couple of the Gym Leaders this go-around, also whichever "secret" that the starter Pokemon are supposed to have. The latter one I'm hoping they hold off and let us discover it in the games ourselves.

Plus I love how Your character and your opponent stand behind their Pokemon throughout the battles. It's a small change but it looks awesome :)

And you're totally right about self discovery, I just think that People are so excited and hyped for this game that they can't help themselves from finding out as much as possible, I kind of find myself in that situation myself XD

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm so excited! I really need the new pokemon's english names, because I'm sure if we don't get them soon people are gonna be upset.

Someone always seems to hate the translations :(

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I am super hyped for this game, but I really don't mind waiting for the games release to be immersed in all of the new features and surprises of the game. I am excited to get the new news about the game soon though, I really want to see a couple more battles and some more overworld events to get an idea of how deep their detail and interactive features are.
    I feel like they have to show more information on the koala and dog pokemon because with how long the official reveal on those monsters has been it's making me skeptical of the legitimacy behind the original reveal. Other than those two pokemon, I'm okay with not having a ton of new pokemon revealed too quickly, I just want more gameplay footage.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Mildly excited. Expecting nekokola, Iwanko and one other surprising new thing or mon for the games. At least it's close!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I am thinking the information will be character based with a few new pokemon since the hype drives the demand for the game... gotta keep it exciting. I am hoping for either an eeveelution or a water type pokemon. I would also like to see a fire dancer fire type gym leader or a tribal looking gym leader

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So far they really kept the Iwanko and Nekkoala news as a Corocoro exclusive. Perhaps they'll wait until July to reveal them to the rest of us. Probably what this July 1st info is. Maybe we'll even see Iwanko's evolutions and the so called "secret".

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • Honestly, GF has teased us too much. Say they release a 10 minute video, 6 minutes will be either previously seen footage/previously known information, and they will drip feed us a bit of information in the last 4. There will be some new stuff but I'm not expecting a giant infodump.

That being said, they haven't touched too much on new moves, maybe there will be some reveals in that department. Also TBD is whether they will continue with Megas as a concept so we may perhaps see some of those.

Back