• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: More Sun and Moon news July 1st

StormChatot

Your Local Parrot Guy
Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I realize these reveals are a day early, but I honestly feel like this is all we're gonna get. As for the actual content... I'm not gonna lie, most of these pokemon don't look very good. Which is surprising, because all of the previously revealed pokemon aren't bad. I think even Popplio and Yungoos look OK, but these new ones... don't.

I will admit, that flying electric/bug type (that evolves from the bug bus thing) looks really cool. I want one.

Years
  • Yeah, to me it seems like they hit the share button early. We might still get the evil team and maybe the English names, but I don't see much more.

It wasn't supposed to be shared for another 24 hours. So I have a feeling someone got the wrong times, it leaked and they just went ahead and reveled it.

And again, we already got every single english name for the new pokemon, so I don't know what is going on with the dog and koala.

I feel Iwanko and Nekkoala's English names won't get revealed, but it's certain we'll have these 7 new Pokemon shown in the English trailer set to drop tomorrow.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I just love how the fandom comes up with fanart almost immediately after new info is revealed. I know part of that has to do with time zone differences, but it's still fascinating to say the least.

Years
  • I just love how the fandom comes up with fanart almost immediately after new info is revealed. I know part of that has to do with time zone differences, but it's still fascinating to say the least.

That's what I love about a new Pokemon being revealed. My fave fanart happens to be Tapu Koko, Drampa, Togedemaru and Cutiefly at the moment if you ask me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm not gonna get my hopes up but it is interesting that the Japanese YouTube channel put up the video so early. I'm sure there will be an associated English video at the proper time tomorrow, but if I'm not mistaken it was a Japanese tweet that announced this...announcement to begin with. Maybe this is it and it did just go up really early, but maybe there will be something tomorrow too, perhaps relating to NPCs (or even more wishful thinking, some mechanic confirmation). Either way, I do hope the English video contains information on the dog and koala Pokémon as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm not gonna get my hopes up but it is interesting that the Japanese YouTube channel put up the video so early. I'm sure there will be an associated English video at the proper time tomorrow, but if I'm not mistaken it was a Japanese tweet that announced this...announcement to begin with. Maybe this is it and it did just go up really early, but maybe there will be something tomorrow too, perhaps relating to NPCs (or even more wishful thinking, some mechanic confirmation). Either way, I do hope the English video contains information on the dog and koala Pokémon as well.

I still wonder how the original leaker got the videos. GF was doing such a good job thus until now at keeping info from leaking.

Years
  • But I thought Russia was in Asia, not Europe.
    Most of Russia is geographically Asian, but it's western third is part of Europe.

I'm not sure when the game releases in Russia. I thought Nov. 21st applied only to the EU (Joe even made a Brexit joke about the U.K. getting the game earlier now that they left the EU).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • As exciting as this has been, this does kind of worry me a little bit. I hope this doesn't mean we'll be getting another XY situation again. Something tells me whoever did this is going to get fired, posting it on a social media site that has no connections to the official Pokémon websites seems pretty risky.

Years
  • As exciting as this has been, this does kind of worry me a little bit. I hope this doesn't mean we'll be getting another XY situation again. Something tells me whoever did this is going to get fired, posting it on a social media site that has no connections to the official Pokémon websites seems pretty risky.
    Pokémon has actually being putting up the videos on youtube. The mistake of whoever did it was that they didn't use the official account, and released the info too early... it's still a big mistake.

Yeah, I'm worried too. I fear that some stores will release the games ahead of time, again.

Years

Like you and ORandAS said, I have a dreaded feeling that some stores could leak Sun & Moon early and we'll find out all the new Pokemon as they get leaked, like what happened with X/Y.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd hate to have a repeat of the X/Y early leak right before the release date. I remember that's what lead to the reveal of several new Pokemon and the Champion all of which would have most probably been kept undisclosed until the games were actually released and they were discovered by players. If this trailer today was an early leak that wasn't meant to get out then I have a bad feeling we could get a repeat of some stores having early access to Sun & Moon. I suppose it's easier just to avoid spoilers around that time but it is a shame that people purposely go out of their way to spoil things for others, especially those who enjoy discovering these new things by themselves.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well I said that it may have been an accident, but it does seem like a leak from what people have said. I am surprised Game Freak went ahead in released the trailer though. I guess we find out if it was intentional tomorrow morning.

I don't mind what happened with XY as much. I just hope we don't get a BW repeat though. How all 156 pokemon were leaked at once. And that was like 3 months before the games came out. At least XY was a week.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    14 minutes until the Pokemon channel uploads a video.

Anyways, I think it's going to reveal the 7 new Pokemon that were in the leaks and in the Japanese Youtube channel.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • More rideable Pokemon!
    More Sun and Moon news July 1st

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well I was right. That new bracelet probably deals with new powerful moves. With it being a new feature.

Rockruff and Komala are the US names for the koala and dog, thought I am not sure where it was confirmed or where serebii got it

Back