• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Just Launched in Australia, Japan, America

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
pokemon_go_cover.fw_-800x576.png

The game is now free to download in Australia and Japan. Also America!

Click here to view the article.

Cover image by Pebbles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm celebrating by getting a phone powerful enough to run this app. I'd say that constitutes "freaking out."

For those looking for this on the Play store, just note that a lot of people are having difficulties finding it. The direct link is here. (Here's the link for iPhones.) Also, people are reporting that the Play store says that their devices aren't compatible with Pokemon Go, so just remember that it's a brand-new release and they've might have released it too wide too early, or they want to stagger the release so the bugs can be reported.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Pokemon Go doesn't catch my interest. I can see the appeal but I don't have the free time like I use too. If I were 10 years younger I'd totally love this. Also does Canada not have a release yet? If they do I gotta be extra careful driving. I don't want to be the first one to drive over a kid because of this game.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
It was really hard to find on the app store - but what annoys me the most is that someone already took my nickname haha

it does seem fun though! hopefully it motivates me enough to go outside

StormChatot

Your Local Parrot Guy
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
You sure it's out in america? I have both and android and an Ipad, I looked on both the play store and the app store; it wasn't there.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
Years
I can't seem to find this on the Play Store, but I managed to download the full game by updating my field test version. Hopefully I can catch em all and battle other trainers.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Only just downloaded it! Back to having to catch all the Pokemon I already caught, but It's great the everyone can actually play it now c:

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
While being in Europe I can't download it yet.

I made an Australian apple account to download it.
But when I open the app it crashes after a few seconds of displaying the niantic loading screen.
Oh well... Guess I have to wait :(

blue

gucci
Years
This is great news! I've been really looking forward to trying this out so hopefully the UK aren't too far behind for the release.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Still not open for me, and I'm in the US. Keeps telling me it's not available in my country. :/

Back