• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: QR code and Bottle Cap Bonuses for Japanese players

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    The Gold Bottle Cap is pretty powerful, and I won't be surprised if its only available by distribution. I wonder how much IVs do the regular ones give you.

Years
  • It appears that QR scanning might actually be the new focus of event distributions this generation, like how 6th Gen seemed to focus on the flaw that is serial codes. Magearna was already confirmed for a QR event so it's nice we're getting another one announced, with hopefully international QR code events to come upon game launch.

At least we now know what Gold Bottle Caps do, and you can see why they are likely going to be rarer than the Silver ones.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gold Bottle Caps boosts the IVs of any Pokémon to the maximum possible

That is way more useful than I first thought. I might actually end up using these Bottle Caps if they're making IV training a lot easier.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I wish I lived in Japan! They get more events, more games, and all of it way before anyone else :P
    Well, gold bottle caps confirmed at least.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • That is way more useful than I first thought. I might actually end up using these Bottle Caps if they're making IV training a lot easier.

This is sooooo much easier! Even though breeding for a perfect Pokemon doesn't take that much effort, now you can just use the first Pokemon with the correct nature/ability/gender you hatch. This is gonna save sooooo much time.

What I'm really excited about these bottle caps though is that this also cuts down shiny breeding by a lot. I hatched over 1000 eggs for a shiny Charmander with IVs of 31/31/31/x/31/31... if we had bottle caps in ORAS I could have stopped at, like, 300 eggs where I got one like 31/31/31/31/31/8.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Hopefully the QR codes are not region locked. Japan always seems to get really nice exclusives mostly pokemon that has exclusive moves that you can't get outside of Japan. They also get a Shiny Jirachi event every year.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Hyper training sounds so great though. I'll still do IV breeding just to save my bottlecaps, but when I start my 6-IV shiny perfect nature level 100 living dex, that's one less bit of breeding I have to worry about.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I hope that there's an in-between kind of item, somewhere. There are very specific IV spreads that you may want to run for the sake of obtaining certain Hidden Power types and it would be kind of a shame if it was just 31 or 0 kind of items. Idk, personally I'm hoping for a bottle cap that reduces IVs maybe by one or something, and have it be really common?

I hope so too, mainly for Hidden Powers, because breeding for them is a pain so I have very few mons with Hidden Power right now, but it would be awesome if we can give any Pokemon any Hidden Power with ease, and changable at any time.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I hope that there's an in-between kind of item, somewhere. There are very specific IV spreads that you may want to run for the sake of obtaining certain Hidden Power types and it would be kind of a shame if it was just 31 or 0 kind of items. Idk, personally I'm hoping for a bottle cap that reduces IVs maybe by one or something, and have it be really common?

Isn't there supposedly a Bronze bottle cap? If the Gold bottle cap raises everything to 31, and the Silver bottle cap raises one stat to 31, I almost feel like between those two extremes the Bronze bottle cap would be awkward and pointless... Unless the Bronze bottle cap is for reducing IV's.
    If so, I think the Bronze bottle cap would actually get a lot of use and would even fit in perfectly alongside of the other two types of bottle caps, it's a pretty likely possibility.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    I hope that there's an in-between kind of item, somewhere. There are very specific IV spreads that you may want to run for the sake of obtaining certain Hidden Power types and it would be kind of a shame if it was just 31 or 0 kind of items. Idk, personally I'm hoping for a bottle cap that reduces IVs maybe by one or something, and have it be really common?

I legit hope for this too. It sucks wasting countless hours Masuda Method/Shiny Charm breeding for a Shiny Bulbasaur, with HP Fire for a perfect competitive set, just because I was maybe one stat point above for an individual stat.

Back