• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NX Reveal Tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
    • Age 32
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    NX reveal.
    Red Dead Redemption 2 reveal.

Glorious.

Reactions: Z25

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Damn, I was too late <.<

But yeah, I do think it's a bit weird that they just kinda announced it on Twitter without any real warning or buildup. Not that I'm mad, while I'm not really hyped for the system, I'm definitely curious. Very curious. That they've opted (and more surprisingly, managed) to keep the system under wraps for so long is honestly baffling, but it's really because of that as well as the completely unknown nature of the system apart from various developer comments which go every which way that make me so damn interested. Well, me and the rest of the internet.

So yeah, I am kind of excited. It's been a long time coming. Now I'm just interested in how they'll go about it. Knowing Nintendo, it'll definitely make for quite the show.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NCR
    • Seen Nov 11, 2019
    I'm okay with this.

Even if it comes out as looking like an RKO out of nowhere, I think this is an okay part in Nintendo's part to let the people know about the realities of the NX. If this ends up being a potential glory move for Nintendo's part, i can see the NX being a success story despite whatever backtalk the NX may have gotten over.

Here's to me hoping even with false hope that the NX is going to be something more than what the leaks and rumors are. Heck, if the price tag is also reasonable, I might even buy one for myself after i start earning a steady amount of income.

Guest123_x1

I can only imagine what the general public's reaction will be like once this reveal finally happens. I'm expecting this to be kind of a "make it or break it" moment, given the incessant rumors over the past year and a half on what the NX supposedly will be about (which you should know how tired I am by now of these rumors being peddled by the gaming press.)
    Spoiler:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I guess being on this website and saying I couldn't care less about the NX isn't a good combination.... but after their last two consoles... Nintendo just doesn't preform compared to other companies... Plus I'm not interested in a lot of games that hit their consoles either.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Super pumped!

Hoping that hybrid goodness is true~ :psy copy: #TeamEmily

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I guess being on this website and saying I couldn't care less about the NX isn't a good combination.... but after their last two consoles... Nintendo just doesn't preform compared to other companies... Plus I'm not interested in a lot of games that hit their consoles either.
    After their last console? Sure, the Wii U has not performed so well. But either console before that has. 3DS is no DS, but it's still from my understanding easily outperformed other handheld competing with it. (It's still going well too!) And the Wii was a runaway success.

Liking the software or not for each console is a matter of personal taste to a large extent so each to their own there.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I can't wait to see what will NX look like, I hope it will leave good impression for everyone so that it's not neglected and all. I can't wait to see the reveal soon whenever I'm ready!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 24, 2022
    My stance is and has always been in other forums that the NX will live or die if it's initial lineup of games are legendary. They have the IP's to have a stellar launch and the rumors are saying a new Mario game will be announced to release along the already confirmed Zelda game. The rumors also said Pikmin 4 was ready to go for the Wii U, but they pushed it back to help the NX out. The same going for Luigi's Mansion 3. Honestly, if we get just those titles along with some 3rd party developers announcing games for it as well, I expect it to do gangbusters.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • After their last console? Sure, the Wii U has not performed so well. But either console before that has. 3DS is no DS, but it's still from my understanding easily outperformed other handheld competing with it. (It's still going well too!) And the Wii was a runaway success.

Liking the software or not for each console is a matter of personal taste to a large extent so each to their own there.

I didn't realize there was anything substantial actually competing with the 3DS... and Either way I don't consider a handheld a console and was not meant to be referenced in my post as I think it's doing pretty well. I mean I own one.

The Wii and U are where I have gripes as they are actual consoles that seem to be only used for when you have a group of buds coming over and forgot to make any substantial plans or for a monthly party game night. I've never seen it as anyone's main console within my area nor with any substantial releases other than say Mario. Heck the WiiU is a laughing stock within my PC circles and often receives jokes such as "Half-Life 3, exclusive to WiiU" and so on.

Either way I'm going to sit back and see what happens with it... Who knows, maybe it will actually make a spash for me.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I will share this lengthy post one of my Disquis friends shared with us to remind everyone that the NX will not be a console nor handheld and instead a third pillar.

Whatever happens tomorrow morning, one thing we'll know is that anyone who believes in those NX rumors is going to get disappointed.

ALSO, NX does NOT replace either Wii U OR 3DS. It coexists alongside them.

d6f.jpg

I think you're aiming the warning at the wrong side.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    OMFG outta nowhere, omfg. 2 hours until Nintendo possibly breaks the internet from their sheer brilliance or stupidity, and I'm just sitting here enjoying my time until the damn thing is announced. Hopefully to god its affordable and I can get one on launch day. I'm that dedicated.`

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back