• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halloween Event from October 26-November 1

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
It was announced a couple of hours ago that the game will have a Halloween event running from October 26 through November 1. During that time each Pokemon caught will award six candies, transfers will get you two candies, and buddy Pokemon will award candies four times faster. Spooky Pokemon including the ghost Pokemon and Zubat, Golbat, Drowzee, and Hypno will become more common.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/halloween-treats-in-pokemon-go/

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
This is pretty cool. I only just got Haunter, and could use a lot of candy to power it up and evolve it, so the more Gastly, and Haunters I find, the better. A Gengar would be amazing, but I don't know If I'll end up being lucky enough to find one.

I'll take the bonus candy though from all Pokemon. That will be really useful. Might be able to evolve some more Pokemon with it.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I'll definitely open Go if even for a few moments just to add up my buddy's candy. Eventually I'll get my Blastiose, this will help at least. Nice to see them run seasonal events, we could use those every few months or so.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Oh god please no!! I don't think it's possible for Drowzee to appear any more than it already does! I'm certainly looking forward to the candy perks though.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
4 times more candy for the buddy function is huuuuuge. This is so very helpful, mainly for lapras and snorlax.

jigglypuff..... 4 candy for 1 kilometer, and my city currently has a nest of these. So you walk 10 kilometers and catch 5 of them, that is 40 buddy candy and 30 from the 5 caught ones, enough to evolve one and power it up a bit. So the pink army to level up gyms is real, its realistic to get the candy to evolve one per hour, and enough extra candy to push the ones that get a good moveset.

Or if you catch 30 pidgeys and send them away, that is 240 candy, enough to evolve 20 pidgeys, which gives another 20 candy. (The one candy you get back for evolving is the one thing not affected by the bonus). Obviously you first evolve them and then send them away. So you can evolve a bit more than 2 out of 3 pidgey, weedle, and caterpie, with lucky egg at 1000 xp each.

Then, double candy for whatever you hatch from eggs.

Over all, the impact is massive, and the warning time is a bit too short to save up arena gold for this. So i bet that many people will spend some money to buy lucky eggs, incubators, and maybe pokemon storage upgrades. Its just soooo effective.

I really need lucky eggs and incubators for this, maybe even incense.

If you play a lot, you can (In terms of XP, evolutions, and farming rare candy) make as much progress as you would otherwise make in a month in just those 5 days. Easily.

Years
  • Age 63
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
What a clever idea for Halloween => MORE CANDY!

Dratini is my buddy, gotta get a Dragonite!

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Whoa, that's awesome. As someone who still plays actively I'm looking forward to this a lot. Arcanine here I come!!

I was actually going to switch over to him as well! Dratini could be nice as well, but I want Arcanine first.

Also, are eggs affected by this? I imagine that they are and give more candy, but I'm not positive as I haven't seen anything one them.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
Also, are eggs affected by this? I imagine that they are and give more candy, but I'm not positive as I haven't seen anything one them.
Yes, candies from egg hatches are doubled. So you can essentially gain upward of 50 Snorlax candies should you hatch one.

I'm timing my eggs :) I have two sitting at 8.8km right now so I'm waiting for the event to start before finishing them.

Reactions: Z25
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Its after midnight here, 26th of october, i have the update and relaunched the app and caught a pidgey.... no bonus.

I am living in Germany.

Years
  • Age 63
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
Yes, candies from egg hatches are doubled. So you can essentially gain upward of 50 Snorlax candies should you hatch one.

I'm timing my eggs :) I have two sitting at 8.8km right now so I'm waiting for the event to start before finishing them.

Shucks, hatched a Dratini this morning. I should have stopped moving until tomorrow. :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
My Kadabra found only 1 candy so the Halloween bonus does not automatically come with the update.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023

I guess not everyone has it, but when I got the new update, the bonus kicked in. Got Double the Meowth candies from my egg today and got a Persian! A haunter is near me to, but I can't go out to get it sadly :( Weather's not the best atm.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Its live now, apparently its server-based, the server switches it onn and off.

about the candy: It is true, my geodude will NOT give 4 candy at a time, but he gives one every 250 meters, so he is basically spamming candy.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Definitely opening Pokemon GO a lot more this week. My avatar seems to run around while I'm not actually moving... so I expect to get a lot of candies. Hopefully the Rattata/Pidgey/Paras spawn will be replaced by another for a little bit so I can get new Pokemon <3

Got enough Cubone to evolve a Marowak and I caught a Hypno so far, so all I really want now are Gastly! I don't have a Haunter or a Gengar yet.

Back