• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Generations episode 11 exists

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Before Lysandre, there was Cyrus, who was the original Pokémon villain that did nothing wrong. What he's said about emotions and spirit leading to destruction is true due to human nature, which is why we must create a world that's free of emotion in order to have eternal peace.

Also, I wasn't expecting Cynthia to show up, but the player character is nowhere to be found (maybe in episode 12?).

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I felt underwhelmed a bit by it. Was still cool I guess.

I guess I expected Cynthia to start fighting or something, or maybe the Lake Trio to make an appearance.

Giratina was still cool though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Saturn's voice was ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I really really liked this episode. It conveyed a really strong narrative in a short amount of time. Giratina was portrayed perfectly and it was nice seeing Cyrus act in this manner.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Dont get me wrong, I adore this series. But I think they better focus on un told stories instead of rehashing scenes we've already seen in the games..

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Dont get me wrong, I adore this series. But I think they better focus on un told stories instead of rehashing scenes we've already seen in the games..
But this is actually a little different compared to what we've seen in the games--which is why I enjoyed this episode.

In Platinum, Cyrus was enraged after being captured by Giratina and still strived towards his goal of destroying the universe. He even hoped the player could defeat Giratina and put an end to the Distortion World which would, in turn, likely unravel the connected universe. But that didn't work out and in the end, Cyrus lost.

But in this episode he reacts to his capture in the complete opposite manner. Here, because he understands and appreciates what the Distortion World is, he realizes that being there is exactly what he wants. He won.

Reactions: Z25

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
But this is actually a little different compared to what we've seen in the games--which is why I enjoyed this episode.

In Platinum, Cyrus was enraged after being captured by Giratina and still strived towards his goal of destroying the universe. He even hoped the player could defeat Giratina and put an end to the Distortion World which would, in turn, likely unravel the connected universe. But that didn't work out and in the end, Cyrus lost.

But in this episode he reacts to his capture in the complete opposite manner. Here, because he understands and appreciates what the Distortion World is, he realizes that being there is exactly what he wants. He won.

Except it was stated by the producers that these episodes are supposed to show untold scenes in the games like Looker's search for Giovanni and Cheryl's visit to the Old Chateau and not alter scenes that was already shown in-game such as Kyogre's awakening and this episode. This could be marked as false advertisement.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Except it was stated by the producers that these episodes are supposed to show untold scenes in the games like Looker's search Giovanni and Cheryl's visit to the Old Chateau and not alter scenes that was already shown in-game such as Kyogre's awakening and this episode. This could be marked as false advertisement.
I'm not sure I feel that's of any particular importance. Each episode takes a different approach to the way it portrays the scene it's trying to convey. The first episode shows Red going through each region even though he never did that--it's completely made-up and acts more like a general introduction than anything. The second episode is a "what if" situation, if Looker was commanding a search for Giovanni. The Team Magma episode was just a retelling of the events of Omega Ruby.

This episode in particular felt like a retelling but also with an added twist--kind of like the Team Aqua episode, except I like this one better. Mainly because we always knew that if Team Aqua (or Magma) succeeded in their plans, the legendary would run amok and the world would be lost, so while it was cool to see it presented as "reality," it was still something we kind of knew would happen. But I like the twist presented in this episode, it makes sense but it really isn't what one would expect.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Another lackluster episode. This is something I can say that the Sinnoh Anime did a lot better on.

No real actions, and what happened was what we have seen in the games for the most part. I have never played Platinum so that was pretty cool, but eh.

The anime did a lot better with Dialga and Palkia in both the movies and shows.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years

Interestingly enough I didn't even notice that how this episode played out was different to the games. Cyrus's reaction to being captured in this episode just made so much sense to me that I accepted that that must have been how it went down in Platinum (it's been way too long since I've last played it).

This was definitely better than the last couple episodes imo - I really liked the presentation of Cyrus (as mentioned earlier) as well as Cynthia and Saturn. Saturn's closing line was really interesting as well. Thought Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie would make an appearance but I guess not.

Interesting that we still haven't seen Dawn or Lucas. I wonder what the next episode will focus on. Cresselia/Darkrai? Heatran? Looker again? Regigigas? Shaymin? A lot of options.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Interestingly enough I didn't even notice that how this episode played out was different to the games. Cyrus's reaction to being captured in this episode just made so much sense to me that I accepted that that must have been how it went down in Platinum (it's been way too long since I've last played it).

This was definitely better than the last couple episodes imo - I really liked the presentation of Cyrus (as mentioned earlier) as well as Cynthia and Saturn. Saturn's closing line was really interesting as well. Thought Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie would make an appearance but I guess not.

Interesting that we still haven't seen Dawn or Lucas. I wonder what the next episode will focus on. Cresselia/Darkrai? Heatran? Looker again? Regigigas? Shaymin? A lot of options.
I don't blame you. It really does feel like a very natural response, which is one of the reasons why I enjoyed this episode so much. It's a twist but it's very believable. The only reason why I knew it was different from the games (because it's been forever since I last played Platinum, too) is because I distinctly remembered Cyrus was... never happy in any of gen 4. If it wasn't for that, though... I probably wouldn't have noticed anything was different, either.

There's definitely a lot of options for the next episode, and I'm really excited. Maybe an episode about the lake trio? Or maybe a scene of when Arceus created the universe! Or, maybe it would be fun to go through Sinnoh's Battle Frontier.

A lot less likely, but an idea I think could be fun, would be a look at Rowan when he was younger (maybe a young Prof. Sycamore cameo, too?), since that would be something we never got to see in-game.

Regardless of what we get, though, I hope it's presented just as well as this episode was--I'm really looking forward to it... And gen 5 right after!

Back