• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UPDATED: Official Confirmations New Pokémon Arriving in December (Starbucks/Spring Sponsors)

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
wut.png

Check out the article!

Both the official Pokémon Company and Niantic have confirmed the new addition of Pokémon, but apparently not on the rumored Dec. 7th/8th dates found in the Starbucks promo leaks.

The news comes at a time with a lot of corporate sponsorships associated with GO, this time with Sprint: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/sprint/

wut.png

Most people are expecting Gen. II arriving due to all the evidence so far. We can't rule out legendaries, though. Everything is up to speculation right now.

Original rumors from Starbucks:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
I would expect SB pokestops or gyms to be added. A telco company in my home country sponsored a Go event which led to the creation of new sets of pokestops and gyms in their respective store locations.

It would be something convenient at the same time cause some inconvenience with the probability of more crowded SB altogether.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Corporate sponsorship will be good for getting people playing again, and it does make sense from a business standpoint.
I wonder if the pre-evolutions from Gen 2 be included in the game when they add Gen 2. It would be kind of weird to have them evolve into their already existing Gen 1 forms which most if not all already have (Magme into Magmar, Pichu into Pikachu, etc).

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Amazing, I didn't think we'd be getting this until next year. Reallllyyyy hope it's true, I'm super excited to get myself a Xatu! ^__^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
MAN, there's a starbucks pokestop at the location where I used to chill at near my university. That would be freakin' cool though.

As for Gen 2 releasing, I haven't heard of any hype about it. Niantic would have released a news report about it by now so I'm not too sure if that's even legit. I guess the main reason why they are pushing it to December is because the majority of the kids and college students will be out of school for Winter Break, and that'll give them chances to get back into the game again. Good timing.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
Um what about Legendaries? Are they coming with the Gen 2 update?

Also they need to add something as collecting & taking gyms is quite boring now

VisualJae

Years
Update: another image seemed to have been leaked via a Starbucks employee:

N1TbyPa.jpg

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh my gosh, I really hope this thread is correct. I told a friend recently that the new Gen should be coming, and she got super excited, even though she's never played the games to know what they'll be. We plan to go out once they release and there's a Starbucks right by my house. My workplace also has one, though I think for grocery store Starbucks... I'm betting they're probably not participating. xD; BUT IF THEY ARE, I'M GETTING THAT FRAPPUCINO.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
Well that's the pokedex completed as far as I can go

Would be perfect if Gen2 dropped today

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Doesn't seem like it was the update that was anticipated, not in the least. So I can the over hype of employees for all Pokemon things, continues with Starbucks lol.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I wonder if Starbucks is really doing the Pokemon Frappucinos along with this?? lol

The second part of the update doesn't really apply to me, but it's cool for people that do have those carries!

I'm so ready for Gen 2, though. The play ability for the game is kinda low right now, and I know some people are complaining that due to the tracking issue they won't play regardless. Though, I'm all for just wandering around until I bump into Johto mons. Better than nothin'.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I'm assuming you don't have to be a Sprint or Boost Mobile customer to use their stores as stops and gyms. I wonder if they'll be giving anything special for those that are customers though.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Good to hear the Johto update is confirmed, because you have to admit seeing only Kanto Pokemon got boring very fast.

My thoughts exactly. As much as I love most of the 1st gen Pokemon, it didn't stay interesting for hardly a few weeks for me :/ Especially when I never see half of them.

VisualJae

Years
Newest datamine is in with the newest Android/iOS update: https://thesilphroad.com/news/shiny-pokemon-genders-in-pokemon-go-49-1

For those unfamiliar with datamining, basically skilled techies dive into the game's code using various means and uncover details that the vast majority of people cannot see at surface level.

Key discoveries:
- Pokémon genders
- Shiny Pokémon
- The "Baby" keyword
- Additional avatar customization
- Pokémon costume customization?!
- More sponsors
- Additional adjustments to the tracker

...my gosh.

Back