• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Generation 3 Pokémon data found in newest Pokémon GO APK

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Generation 3 Pok?mon data found in newest Pok?mon GO APK

Woo!

It's not happening rn or even necessarily soon... but sooner than some may have expected for sure.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Does this mean Rayquaza? If it does, nice.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
HOENN CONFIRMED! SOUND YOUR TRUMPETS!

Anyway, I think they're actually teasing something that's going to become a thing in a few months' time. Back in October last year, Gen II data was found in the APK before they slowly eased us in with Togepi, Elekid, Magby and the like, before throwing us into Johto four months after the data was first discovered. As of now, we're seeing Gen III data in the latest APK, which I'm suspecting is going to be timed for a Christmas release, although I still think they'll be going down the egg route, but this time with Azurill and Wynaut.

But whatever you do, PLEASE DO NOT gate these events only for people that have caught the legendaries. I failed four times on Zapdos and I'm not going back in again.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I guessed that this would be the next big update near the end of the year. Looks like I am going to be right.

I am going to take a guess and say it will be out around November 21st of this year.

But yeah, I am also thinking Azuril and Wynaut will come out before the rest of Gen 3.

I am excited, but then again I am not. I still have so many pokemon I need to catch because I live in a small town. I think I have around 160 or so pokemon. Not to mention I will probably never get legendary pokemon because there isn't enough people around for raids.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Seeing as a large chunk of Pok?mon Go's audience are 90s kids who played the first two Gens and dropped out of the series sometime after that, adding Gen 3+ Pokemon to the app could get interesting.

Gen 3 Pok?mon don't carry the same levels of nostalgia and familiarity as the Gen 1/2 monsters, especially not among 90s kids who were "too old for Pokemon" by the early 00s and shunned RS for being a hard reboot. With Pok?mon Go's popularity having already rapidly declined from a year ago, will the addition of so-called "modern Pokemon" seal the deal for the few remaining holdouts? Or, could they help renew interest in the app, especially among younger fans who grew up with later gens?

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Manectric, Skitty, Absol, and other good pokemon! But it would be nice if they were not very hard to find, like many good pokemon from generation 2.

Years
Seeing as a large chunk of Pokémon Go's audience are 90s kids who played the first two Gens and dropped out of the series sometime after that, adding Gen 3+ Pokemon to the app could get interesting.

Gen 3 Pokémon don't carry the same levels of nostalgia and familiarity as the Gen 1/2 monsters, especially not among 90s kids who were "too old for Pokemon" by the early 00s and shunned RS for being a hard reboot. With Pokémon Go's popularity having already rapidly declined from a year ago, will the addition of so-called "modern Pokemon" seal the deal for the few remaining holdouts? Or, could they help renew interest in the app, especially among younger fans who grew up with later gens?

I can understand your reasoning here, since 3rd Gen was when loads of the people who grew up during "PokeMania" left the franchise, since that generation was pretty much a reboot. Considering how popular GO was, I'm sure the addition of new Pokemon will get people back into playing it.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Welp, time to join back just so I can catch Rayquaza.

Except they'll probably release Raikou, Entei and Suicune first before releasing the Hoenn legendaries. Even then, it'll probably be the Regis that'll have to be captured first, with Groudon and Kyogre getting the Ho-Oh/Lugia treatment. Rayquaza'll probably get the Mewtwo treatment in that you'll need Groudon and Kyogre first.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Seeing as a large chunk of Pokémon Go's audience are 90s kids who played the first two Gens and dropped out of the series sometime after that, adding Gen 3+ Pokemon to the app could get interesting.

Gen 3 Pokémon don't carry the same levels of nostalgia and familiarity as the Gen 1/2 monsters, especially not among 90s kids who were "too old for Pokemon" by the early 00s and shunned RS for being a hard reboot. With Pokémon Go's popularity having already rapidly declined from a year ago, will the addition of so-called "modern Pokemon" seal the deal for the few remaining holdouts? Or, could they help renew interest in the app, especially among younger fans who grew up with later gens?
Most of my locals fit into that top category (my bf and I don't though!) and the majority of serious players have already researched into it and are excited for Gen 3, even though they may have stopped a while ago. It's actually good for them, they're actually getting into Pokemon that they wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise. For the kids I think it's fine - they're now used to the S&M ones so it's cool for more.

The main people that'll struggle are mothers imo. The local ones (who aren't crazed) don't really fully...embrace everything yet. Well they do but they still think of it as a novelty and that they're just monsters they've gotta collect. Some of the local guys have gotten really hardcore on the other hand even if they dropped out years ago. It's definitely a good thing for Pokemon as a whole. :)

Years
Most of my locals fit into that top category (my bf and I don't though!) and the majority of serious players have already researched into it and are excited for Gen 3, even though they may have stopped a while ago. It's actually good for them, they're actually getting into Pokemon that they wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise. For the kids I think it's fine - they're now used to the S&M ones so it's cool for more.

The main people that'll struggle are mothers imo. The local ones (who aren't crazed) don't really fully...embrace everything yet. Well they do but they still think of it as a novelty and that they're just monsters they've gotta collect. Some of the local guys have gotten really hardcore on the other hand even if they dropped out years ago. It's definitely a good thing for Pokemon as a whole. :)

She's right. While 3rd Gen may have been where people fell out of favour, the release of OR/AS did spark interest in Hoenn again, so I'm sure this will still excite a lot of people who regularly play GO as well.

Back