• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final four Mega Stones released, codes expire November 1st!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • This time it's for Ampharos, Altaria, Latios and Latias. The code is DRACHE. so go get them while you can! Also, the codes for all the stones expires on November 1st, so after that and you missed some, that's it - you're not getting them after that. The codes, if you want a refresher, are:

M2DESCENT
    INTIMIDATE
    AZUL
    MATSUBUSA
    SABLEVOLANT
    POYONG
    DRACHE

Years
  • I figured the Mega Stones would be a limited-time only thing, so they'll definitely become extremely valuable in our trading section when the events are over.

Years
  • What irritates me the most about this Mega Stone distribution is that it's really cutting it close with USUM release and as such those who are able to get their hands on the Mega Stones have to be aware that they can't bank the items over to USUM and have to settle for trading with themselves (if they have another 3DS system) or having someone trustworthy hold on their mega stone pokemon.

IMO, would've been a lot better if this were more timed after USUM's release, that way people can bank their 'mons without having to worry about the Mega Stone item restriction, but that's just me.

This. I thought it should have been held off at least another month so that it wouldn't screw over US/UM players since Pokemon Bank has commonly been used to transfer Pokemon over to another game, yet it still bans items from being transferred.

Ending the Mega Stone events even before the US/UM release is what I call screwing over the new games, since it'll mean having to trade the ordinary way which not everyone is keen to do.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Got mine. The only mega stones i am missing is the ones at Battle Tree but i can't go through it. Had trouble winning one battle.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I assume the reason the codes expire before USUM is released is that after they're released getting them will no longer be a problem. I might just be being hopeful here, but I expect a complete set of mega stones to be available at whatever USUM's version of the Battle Tree is. Otherwise about half the megas would be equivalent to mythical Pokémon, which is something I don't expect Game Freak to do.

Years
  • I assume the reason the codes expire before USUM is released is that after they're released getting them will no longer be a problem. I might just be being hopeful here, but I expect a complete set of mega stones to be available at whatever USUM's version of the Battle Tree is. Otherwise about half the megas would be equivalent to mythical Pokémon, which is something I don't expect Game Freak to do.

That may be a good theory, considering that US/UM will likely add more old Pokemon to the Alola Dex, which may likely have some of the ones that had Mega Stones involved in these distributions.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • What irritates me the most about this Mega Stone distribution is that it's really cutting it close with USUM release and as such those who are able to get their hands on the Mega Stones have to be aware that they can't bank the items over to USUM and have to settle for trading with themselves (if they have another 3DS system) or having someone trustworthy hold on their Mega Stone pokemon.

IMO, would've been a lot better if this were more timed after USUM's release, that way people can bank their 'mons without having to worry about the Mega Stone item restriction, but that's just me.

I feel like they should have all just been made available in-game from release. I don't understand why we had to wait almost 10 months for Mega Stones.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I picked up the rest of the Mega Stones the other day. As the others said, they should have had all the Mega Stones available at once just so we can have fun with all the Mega Evolutions before US/UM roll around.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    Thanks for sharing this!
    It seems strange to have it so close to the Ultra release - maybe to get people who bought s/m a year ago some excitement about the new, upcoming games?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Thanks for sharing this!
    It seems strange to have it so close to the Ultra release - maybe to get people who bought s/m a year ago some excitement about the new, upcoming games?

Well to be honest, if you did the competitions, then you already would have had the stones through PGL codes - Mystery Gift codes aren't the only way that the extra stones get released (well, only a few that don't get released through the PGL get included in Mystery Gift on some occasions). Also, I wouldn't really say it's that close to the release of USUM - Marshadow's distribution takes it right up to the day when they release, and Ash hat Pikachu end around Halloween - half a month until USUM's release.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    Well to be honest, if you did the competitions, then you already would have had the stones through PGL codes - Mystery Gift codes aren't the only way that the extra stones get released (well, only a few that don't get released through the PGL get included in Mystery Gift on some occasions). Also, I wouldn't really say it's that close to the release of USUM - Marshadow's distribution takes it right up to the day when they release, and Ash hat Pikachu end around Halloween - half a month until USUM's release.

I don't do the comps (not yet anyway) for the video games. I've played in TCG comps for years and I'm just getting back into the video games.
    I have most of the Mega Stones, but not these 4.

Back