• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    We already know they will be, there have been pictures of game play with Shroomish and Munchlax.
    isnt that what i said XD lol....realy properly

there has been no hard proof at all about it, so i dunno where you got the idea from
    as for 3rd and 4th gen pokemon, after the national dex is obtained, and they'll probably just stop evolutions of pokemon evolving into a gen 3/4 pokemon
    urm...theres been pictures with 3rd gen pokemon following you......

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    isnt that what i said XD lol....realy properly

urm...theres been pictures with 3rd gen pokemon following you......
    If that's the proof... then I can't say I agree with it. =/ It isn't shown, for instance, that these Pokemon hadn't been simply traded to HG/SS - it's very easily an option. The Pokedex pictures posted are the only things thus far that suggest the possible nature of what Pokemon will be obtainable before the National Dex, along with the fact one can get the Hoenn Legendaries AFTER the Elite Four from reports - those pictures however do not suggest them - they could, but they could just as easily have been traded, not caught in the wild - or leastways, caught in the wild after the National Dex. (After all - there's nothing saying those pictures were taken before the Elite Four either, and it's quite possible various pictures are made after the Elite Four has been defeated - look at the Johto Map pictures, for instance - one shows no route to Kanto when only a few towns have been visited, and one does, when the player has been everywhere in Johto).

I'd imagine those pictures had been used to show off the fact that all Pokemon could follow you, as they advertised heavily when they revealed that info with several of those pictures. (I don't quite recall these pcitures off the top of my head either, tbh - it is important to post them, to support your argument).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well i have been over everything and I cannot recall it that's why. If so it does not matter as there is enough proof that the dex will be the same.

Years
    I hope only Johto/Kanto Pokémon will be in the wild before you beat the E4. Maybe other generation Pokémon with the Poké Radar or in Kanto (if you can go to it) or in that area (Silver Cave or something?).

But what I hated in Fr/Lg, was that some Pokémon couldn't evolve if you hadn't the National Dex, like Golbat to Crobat. I hope (but I fear it won't be like that) that Pokémon like Yamna, Togetic and Rhydon CAN evolve before you have the National dex.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That would ruin it in my opinion. It's a remake of an older game that didn't have Togekiss or any of that in mind, and the same goes for Crobat/Umbreon/Espeon/etc. in FRLG. They weren't released yet, so even in the remake when we know they exist, why do that? It just ruins the nostalgia factor, but after the Pokemon League, I assume that 3rd and 4th generation Pokemon will be obtainable either in new areas, swarms, or PokeRadar.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh yay a 3rd time I am going to repeat myself.
    3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss

Now then this is the old numbering.
    #046 #175 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Togepi Normal #047 #176 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Togetic Normal Flying #048 #027 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Sandshrew Ground #049 #028 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Sandslash Ground #050 #023 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Ekans Poison #051 #024 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Arbok Poison Jdex Ndex MS Pokémon Type #052 #206 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Dunsparce Normal #053 #179 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Mareep Electric #054 #180 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Flaaffy Electric #055 #181 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Ampharos Electric #056 #194 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Wooper Water Ground #057 #195 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Quagsire Water Ground #058 #092 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Gastly Ghost Poison #059 #093 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Haunter Ghost Poison #060 #094 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Gengar Ghost Poison #061 #201 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Unown Psychic #062 #095 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Onix Rock Ground #063 #208 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Steelix Steel Ground #064 #069 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Bellsprout Grass Poison #065 #070 3rd and 4th gen pokemon 2 be in hg ss Weepinbell Grass Poison
    There will be no additions of Sinnoh Pokemon seeing as adding evolutions would be plain dedede at the end. Maybe a slim chance of Hoenn at the end otherwise no.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    It's a very slim chance but a chance none-the-less that is a beta screenshot and they have changed it since then.

I'd much rather have Johto relatives (azurill, bonsly, etc) than non-Johto pokemon. If you want nostalgia, go play the old games. The pokemon world has expanded, the gear is new, better gear, likewise there are new pre-evolutions and evolutions to pokemon, it makes sense to include them too. Of course I have very little faith in them being included but ah well.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    seeming everyone thinks there isnt im just swiching the thread to what you think about the idea of it

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    I think Latios and Latias were confirmed for being in HG/SS. Why that is though, I haven't a clue. o_O; I'm thinking that you'll be able to catch Sinnoh/Hoenn Pokemon in the games, but only AFTER you beat the Elite four.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Please no. I would prefer for most of the unoriginal and annoying Pokemon of Generations 3 and 4 to stay out of my game.

EDIT: Thankfully the dex is staying the same. I just noticed what Todoroki said.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Why would they do that. That would kind of stupid in my opinion.
    Really, they introduce a new generation (D/P/PT), then release a remake of an older game and cut of like 200/300 Pokemon?
    That doesn't make sense, really.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Why would they do that. That would kind of stupid in my opinion.
    Really, they introduce a new generation (D/P/PT), then release a remake of an older game and cut of like 200/300 Pokemon?
    That doesn't make sense, really.

It makes perfect sense. Look at FireRed/LeafGreen; they had 3 generations then, and they left out all the generation 3's. There is no point in adding in the new generation pokes if they are in a game that the remake is compatible with. Sure, they may leave spots in the National Dex for them, but there is no point in putting them in the wild where there could be the older ones.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Please no. I would prefer for most of the unoriginal and annoying Pokemon of Generations 3 and 4 to stay out of my game.

EDIT: Thankfully the dex is staying the same. I just noticed what Todoroki said.
    well 3rd gen is gonna be in it 4 sure and so is 4th but thats after you get national dex

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    It makes perfect sense. Look at FireRed/LeafGreen; they had 3 generations then, and they left out all the generation 3's. There is no point in adding in the new generation pokes if they are in a game that the remake is compatible with. Sure, they may leave spots in the National Dex for them, but there is no point in putting them in the wild where there could be the older ones.

Sorry, I misread like everything, but it does make sense to have at least some of them in the wild. My head hurts, so I didn't get the point of this thread, but I wanted to get my opinion out. But asides from that, I mean, since they can more space, so maybe they can add certain Pokemon to certain areas from Gen 3 and 4, because they have more space to add extras.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    There will probably be some sub-after-after-main-game (since Johto already head an an after-game thing), where you'll need to take care of something similar to Sevii Islands, or maybe just something style battle-area in DPPt, where you'll be able to catch a few more 3rd gen Pokemons. And in that case I don't care, more Pokemons, more quests, etc.
    They'll probably put that...erm...what was the name of it...the thing Dawn's sister did in DPPt.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we'll have a remake for Sevii Islands, in particular.

Years
    One thing I definitely wouldn't want to see in HeartGold/Soulsilver is pokemon from Hoenn/Sinnoh. It would be fine after the national pokedex, but not in the wild during regular play. This is Johto, before any of the other 200+ pokemon existed.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    That would ruin it in my opinion. It's a remake of an older game that didn't have Togekiss or any of that in mind, and the same goes for Crobat/Umbreon/Espeon/etc. in FRLG. They weren't released yet, so even in the remake when we know they exist, why do that? It just ruins the nostalgia factor, but after the Pokemon League, I assume that 3rd and 4th generation Pokemon will be obtainable either in new areas, swarms, or PokeRadar.

What is all of this about the 'nostalgia factor'? I'm seeing loads of people say it in this board who probably can't even remember playing the second generation games. That doesn't apply to you though, Syd, just something to say. But yeah. We're talking about a remake... okay. Pokémon has progressed since Gold and Silver were released. A lot of new features, new Pokémon, new items... a lot of things have been added since then. Naturally they are going to be implemented into the game because a remake does not mean getting the same games we were playing a decade ago. Firered and Leafgreen had Johto Pokémon, and Hoenn Pokémon if I remember correctly; moves that weren't around back for Red and Blue; new locations; ect, ect. While it's great that you want to play a game because it was fun to play back then, the entire game cannot be dictated by the nostalgia factor.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I hope there's a few available, but I hope they're fairly rare and not incredibly widespread, kind of like how the Sevii Islands Johto Pokemon were. I don't think they'll put in too many since they're all available in DPPt for the most part. The only ones I really hope they put in are Kanto and maybe Hoenn starters, which seems likely since they seem to want to phaze out the need for GBA games.

Back