• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Another installment in Han and Solo's pokemon adventures!

-->After grinding Solo up to Lv. 35 I came back and wiped the floor with watson.
    --> Solo OHKO's just about everything in sight right about now and I have a feeling the next couple gym's won't give me to much trouble.
    --> one of my ziggzagoon's found a rare candy and raised Solo yet another level

Here's the screen shot to prove I beat watson! and of Solo evolving which I meant to put into my last update!

Cid

Years
  • Another update. This one is a bit too long. Guess I got a bit carried away, especially the May battle part, since that was the battle where Elekid evolved. So in that case, I just put it and Elekid's evolution in spoiler tags.

- After catching a Nincada (named him Cutter), I beat the grunt and met Mr. Briney.
    Here on out starts my odd naming trend for the HM Slaves.
    - Got the PokeNav.

- Beat May.

- With the old man and his ship, I set sail towards Dewford.

- Came to Route 106 and entered the Granite Cave.
    Received Flash, though I don't think it's that useful, I'm still probably catching a Pokemon for Flash.
    - Caught an Abra, and named him Flasher.
    I decided to name my HM Slaves like this so they would at least feel special. The names are funny, too. In fact, why not just call them in a more suitable term? I'd call them my HM Buddies from now on.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Meet my new HM Buddy, Flasher, with HM Buddy Cutter beside him.

- Met Steven and gave the letter to him.

- Trained a little in Route 109.

- Defeated Gym Leader Brawly.
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

You know that this marks my second Gym Battle, right? So this must be twice as hard, or at least a little harder.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

He was a lot easier than I anticipated. O_o
    - Delivered goods to Capt. Stern, and defeated the Aqua Grunts.

- Went inside the Trick House.
    I brought Cutter with me to get through its tricks, er...trees. And what do you know, when I got through, the guy did give me some candy (Rare Candy, that is). What is it today, Halloween?
    - Encountered May in Route 110, and engaged in the third battle with her Pokemon so far.
    Surge's Third Battle Encounter with May (leading to Cid's evolution)
    Spoiler:

- Elekid evolved into an Electabuzz at level 30.
    Cid the Elekid's Evolution
    Spoiler:

- May gives me the Itemfinder, and rides her bicycle as she went away.
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

What? More rewards? And I thought the money and evolution were rewarding enough. This must be my lucky day.

Progress:
    Badges: 2

Cid (Electabuzz)
    Level 30
    Moves:
    - Swift
    - Leer
    - ThunderPunch
    - Light Screen

Years
  • UPDATE 1
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!
    Had to evolve beldum so i could use confusion with metang to make it easier
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Badge Count : 4

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Okay so yet another update for you guys!

So when you left me and Solo he was a poor little level thirty six Larion.

I now give you my level 50 Aggron! (Check the screenshot to see him!)

Me and Solo have now collected six of the eight badges and delt with the team rocket wannabes on mount pyre. I expect to get through there hideout at some point tomorrow and then on to beat the last two gyms hopefully!

Check my screenies for proof of me progress!

Aggron (Solo) Lv:50
    Thunderbolt
    Metal claw
    take down
    headbutt

Cid

Years
  • Surge and Cid are already more than halfway from getting all the badges in Hoenn, and Cid's level is similarly halfway its highest. Here's another update.

- Got to Mauville City.
    I received Rock Smash, and caught a Poochyena for it and named him Smasher. I also received a Mach Bike from Rydel, which gave me a way through the Cycling Road. North of the city, I won against the Winstrate Family. They gave me the Macho Brace as a reward, but I'm more curious as to who the strongest of their family is.
    - Battled Wally and his weak Ralts.
    It just took a single ThunderPunch to knock it out. I pity him for losing, though at least he tried.
    - Took on the Gym, and won against Gym Leader Wattson.
    He was a pretty decent opponent. The only Pokemon he had that annoyed me was Magneton, mainly due to its resistances, coupled with Paralysis and Confusion; The thing needed three periodical Screeches to defeat without Wattson healing it.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

What's so funny? I've got a strong Electric-type too, mind you.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Curse your little pampered Magneton... You certainly had fun stalling my victory with your healing items. At least you admitted defeat.
    - Smashed the rock at Rusturf Tunnel, which prompted the guy to give me Strength.
    Uh-oh, naming the Pokemon I've yet to catch as Strengther would be odd to listen to...but to follow the trend, I guess I would.
    - Smashed through the rocks north of Mauville with Smasher.
    I then went through the Fiery Path and caught a Machop along the way. I initially wanted him to be called Strengther, but I thought that I should only have five HM Buddies so I can put them all in one team. I decided to name him StrSmasher, so that I can put two HMs into him. I released Smasher and kept StrSmasher, with plans to name my fourth HM Buddy as Flyer, and my fifth HM Buddy as DW-Surfer, meaning DivingWaterfall-Surfer.
    - Got to Fallarbor Town.

- Met Team Magma and Team Aqua at Meteor Falls.

- Took the Cable Car up to Mt. Chimney, and defeated Team Magma Leader Maxie.

- Down the Jagged Pass, I came to Lavaridge Town.

- Beat Gym Leader Flannery, and recieved my Fourth Badge.
    She was very easy compared to the first and third Gym Battles.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

I forgot to use the "Screen Capture" feature of the emulator during the fight with Flannery, though, so I just took a
    picture of my Trainer Card.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Here's a picture of May giving me the Go-Goggles and telling me to challenge my dad.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

And this is taken right after, to prove that I didn't use any
    other Pokemon besides Cid.
    - Came back to Petalburg City.

- Defeated Gym Leader Norman, a.k.a. Dad.
    He was almost as easy as Flannery.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

I'm here for my Gym Badge, Dad!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Now you know how strong your son is.

- A man related to Wally gave me Surf.
    Right after that, I caught a Marill in Route 104 west of Petalburg City (the nearest place I could catch a Pokemon that can learn the HMs Dive, Waterfall and Surf) and named him DW-Surfer. Only one more HM Buddy to go!
    Progress:
    Badges: 5

Cid (Electabuzz)
    Level 50
    Moves:
    - Swift
    - Screech
    - Thunderbolt
    - Light Screen

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Oh snap I have a lot of stuff to change on the first post.

Here's my update:

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Owned Rival.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Owned Wattson. He wasn't too bad.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Owned Flannery. This is getting easy now.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Owned Dad.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Owned Winona. That freakin' Skarmory gave me problems.

3rd Generation Solo Run!
    - Ultima - lv.49
    -Silver Wind
    -Toxic
    -Psychic
    -Giga Drain

Also, I may start putting up videos of big battles soon now that I know how to do it. I've already been doing it in Rijon Adventures X. Check out my Youtube channel::

https://www.youtube.com/user/xephyr14

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    I'm changed my Pokemon to Growlithe, since the Ghost type can't affect Normal and Normal can't affect Ghost, effectively making it impossible for me to level up Gastly much at all. Check out my MASSIVE story below. I'm actually farther than this, but I'm going to post in smaller segments so that it's easier to read. Prepare for 150+ frames of extremely intense action, fellas.

Spoiler:

Wow. That took almost an hour to post. Enjoy, fellas!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Haha! guess whose beaten every gym and team magma and saved the world in general? Han and Solo did! I do have a question before I fight the E4 though. can i use my hm slaves as revive fodder? just let me know

Here is the screen shot to prove I beat wallace.

Aggron (Solo) Lv. 58 hasty nature
    thunderbolt
    metal claw
    take down
    headbutt

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ok just got started on my Solo Run so here is what I got!

Alright, I started off naming my guy Blaine, for obvious purposes.

We take a short, ride in the back of a moving van, because mom was too cheap to get me a cab and eventually we pop out infront of the house! Where apparantly mom has already been putting stuff up.

She tels me to go set my clock, even though when I started my game it said internal battery too low. Oh well. I set it to a random time and then at said random time, I go downstairs to find my dad on T.v. oh wait, he's gone. Dratz.

I head over to the neighbors house and enter with out knocking and my neighbors mom instantly lets me go upstairs to her private quarters! thanks neighbor.

So I go try to steal her pokemon then she gets really busy.

I go help a guy who is being attacked by a squirrel, poor guy, and he gives me a free pokemon. THANKS!

I name my Magby of whom I chose, Inferno because he's hawt. And we use his fire powahs to kill this stupid pesky squirrel. Level 2? no problem!

The guy decides I should keep said pokemon and then tells me to go find his daughter. I run up and train magby a little, he doesn' tlevel but I try May anyway. She beats me sadly on the first try so I leveled up once again and beat her thanks to a burn. Thanks luck.

And that's what I got!

I'll upload soe pictures in a bit.

Years
  • Another Update:
    - Sailed to slateport and defeated all the trainers on the beach.
    - Delivered the Devon Goods and defeated the aqua grunts.
    - Defeated alot of trainers and did the first level of the trick house.
    - Arrived in Mauville city.
    - Battled Wally.
    - Defeated some trainers on the road to verdanturf town.
    - Challenged the gym leader and lost like 3 times.
    - I came up with an idea and bought some coins at the game corner and then played to win TM13: Ice beam.
    - Challenged the gym leader again and defeated him due ice beam.

Pokemon:
    JIMMY B/Lombre lvl: 36
    - Ice beam
    - Fake out
    - Nature Power
    - Absorb

Next update after defeating Gym leader #4

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • An update lacking much progress (except for Cid's level) due to repetitively challenging trainers who wanted a rematch.

- Went to Mr. Briney's house and checked on him, seeing that his ship isn't around.
    What happened to him? Who kidnapped the old man? Now I have to use Surf to get around the watery region. D: But before that, I should go check on the Trick House.
    - Surfed through the river at Route 103 to get to the Trick House.
    I'm no longer feeling bad about not having Mr. Briney and his ship, because I definitely LOVE surfing. Cid just zaps every evil Pokemon who wants to white us out that we randomly encounter, which teaches them to be good little Water-types.
    - Went through the second Trick House challenge.
    This time, the place was full of switches that closed holes. Not much was needed, really...and bringing my HM Buddies was a waste of time for them. They should've safely frolicked back at their Box 1 home. Not much of a reward, too, since I didn't need any Pokeballs of any kind.
    - Reentered the house for the third Trick House challenge.
    It now had smashable rocks, which put StrSmasher a job to do, and some switches that open and close doors. I didn't get any reward, for my bag was full (of useless mail)! After selling the mail, I got a Hard Stone (which I immediately deemed as useless and simply sold it).
    - A lot of new areas explorable with Surf, so I went through many bodies of water.
    Some of my ventures consist of exploring New Mauville (that earned me Thunderbolt, which Cid already knew) and the Abandoned Ship.
    - A number of registered people wanted to have rematches, so I happily beat them.
    That mentioned, during this time, Cid gained a lot of levels, explaining his high level later on.
    - Gave back the Meteorite that I took from Team Magma, which then prompted Prof. Cozmo to give me Return.
    I taught Return to Cid in place of Swift, mainly due to its base power being higher.
    - Bought the very expensive Psychic from the Mauville Game Corner and taught it to Cid.

- Surfed west of the river at Route 118.
    From then on, I went to the Weather Institute, kicked some Team Aqua butt (and received a Castform, which I subsequently released, after taking away the Mystic Water it held for selling), and continued on under the harsh rain.
    - Encountered May at Route 119, where she challenges me to my fourth battle encounter against her.
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Really, now? Let me warn you, Cid is definitely stronger than our last encounter.

She still has her Lombre, Marshtomp and Slugma, the three came out in the same order as last time.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

I guess that's what happens when you take rematches too often.

She was extremely easy (now that Cid is a powerful Electabuzz) that only Fake Out managed to damage Cid. Poor May, she has no idea that solo runs can create beasts...although I could be the reason for making Cid strong, due to the countless rematches I've had, combined with battling every available trainer at the moment. Also, what do you know, she gave me Fly, so now's the perfect time to search for Flyer, my last HM Buddy (or at least I'll just catch any Pokemon I might encounter that can learn Fly, until I get the Gym Badge, which then, if I haven't caught one yet, I would search for one).

- Got to Fortree City.
    Apparently, the Gym here is blocked by something unseeable. So I just went on to Route 120. There I met Steven, who made me battle a Kecleon, then gave me a Devon Scope. He's then swept away by a Flying thing...weird.
    - I reached Route 121 after that.
    I continued on, even before fighting the Fortree Gym Leader, due to my unresisted urge to fight any available trainer. That is until I caught a Wingull while Surfing towards Mt. Pyre, whom I named Flyer, as my last HM Buddy. That's when I came back to Fortree to get my badge and be able to fly.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

HM Buddy Flyer, completing my HM Buddies.
    - Beat Gym Leader Winona.
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Open your eyes, Winona. Cid's got a type advantage.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Thanks, though you should still try battling with your eyes open.

She's got five Pokemon now, compared to other Gym Leaders. Too bad none of them (except Pelipper with its Protect) survived more than one turn with Cid's Thunderbolt.

- Flew to Lilycove City with Flyer.
    I just noticed, Flyer turns really big in the overworld. So that move was what Steven used, huh. Oh, wondering how I flew to Lilycove? That's because I just went there awhile ago.
    - I went to the Lilycove Department Store entrance, and there, I found May blocking the way.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Move out of the way. I'm trying to shop here.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Yeah, I guess. Hey wait, don't cry, Cid did a lot of rematches.

I beat her easily, and after that, she goes home, seemingly stopping her career as a Pokemon Trainer and only thinking of completing the Pokedex.
    I guess she isn't my main rival, after all.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

What? You mean that was our last battle? But your Marshtomp isn't even fully evolved yet!

Progress:
    Badges: 6

Cid (Electabuzz)
    Level 73
    Moves:
    - Return
    - Screech
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psychic

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Count me in!

(Is it okay to use A-Starter/gameshark to change my starter pokemon or catch it in the wild, as my pokemon can't be obtained till further on in the game)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Nice Agumon. And yes you can use HM Slaves as revive fodder. They have to be HM slaves though. You can't just go out and catch random stuff to fill your team slots up so you have your solo runner and five revive fodder-ers.

And yes you may use A-starter to get your Pokemon early. That is actually the recommended method of doing this.

Also, you guys are giving me way too much stuff to update on the first post!! Haha, I'm kidding, it makes me glad that all of you are making so much progress. Keep it up everyone

Years
  • FINAL UPDATE

FINAL UPDATE :)
    3rd Generation Solo Run!
    While facing some trainers in Wiona's gym Metang evolved
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

ELITE 4
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Forgot to take a pic of 2nd member of elite 4
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!
    This is literally how close i came to having to do the whole elite 4 again
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Well thats the end of my solo run with metagross
    Will be back very soon with another challenge gotta think about who i want to use first
    But most importantly keep up the good work on the thread Xephyr

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back