• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Shiny Dratini to appear in Pokémon GO; Groudon and Kyogre make their return!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I much prefer Dratini's line than Pikachu, but we'll see if I can find any during a walk I'll take in the park in the afternoon with my dog. Ideally two so I can have a cute looking Shiny and an ugly green Dragonite.

Years
omg one of the best shinies too, what a good choice!

Ideally two so I can have a cute looking Shiny and an ugly green Dragonite.

lol
If I get one I'll want to keep it unevolved too....no thankies to the Dragonite lol :droplet:

Nice to see one of the best gen legendaries make a return also =)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
The last few events I didn't have any luck finding shinies. Even the first Community Day garnered no shinies.

This one was completely different. I caught 82 Dratini's and 8 were shiny. I evolved 4 Dragonite's during the event, 2 shiny and 2 non. I counted them as I caught them and the shinies appeared 10th, 21st, 28th, 35th, 42nd, 62nd, 74th and 75th. The last 2 were back to back.

I just need 76 more dragon types caught to get the gold medal. Before the event I had 34/50 for the dragon medal. I also need about 10 more candies to evolve one of the Dratini's to Dragonair so I can have 1 of each.

I also saw tons of people playing for the first time since Jul 2016. Unfortunately nobody does raids.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sad about Kyogre/Groudon coming back - I've still not managed to snag a Rayquaza yet (not through lack of trying, I'm about 8 raids in with still no luck catching one lol) and diluting the legendary egg spawns with these two brutes is making things a lot harder. Quite hyped for what's coming after though - heard a lot of rumours about the Regi trio popping up! My favourite legendaries ♥

lol
If I get one I'll want to keep it unevolved too....no thankies to the Dragonite lol :droplet:

Nice to see one of the best gen legendaries make a return also =)
I have personally kept two of mine as Dratini for exactly this reason; I don't want to be using a big rotten lettuce as a Pokémon!

Vigilance

Re-diddly-dacted
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Dratini's line is cool. This will probably get me playing a bit more of PoGo than I normally do.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Dratini's line is cool. This will probably get me playing a bit more of PoGo than I normally do.
Unfortunately you missed the event so not much chance of getting one now :( There is still a chance of any Dratini you find/hatch being shiny but it's only (assumed to be!) around 1/512 so... we'll be wishing you luck haha. Regardless playing more is definitely good!

Vigilance

Re-diddly-dacted
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Unfortunately you missed the event so not much chance of getting one now :( There is still a chance of any Dratini you find/hatch being shiny but it's only (assumed to be!) around 1/512 so... we'll be wishing you luck haha. Regardless playing more is definitely good!

Ah dangit! Hate my sense of timing but thanks for the well wishes! Hopefully luck is on my side :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ah dangit! Hate my sense of timing but thanks for the well wishes! Hopefully luck is on my side :D
The next Community Day is going to feature lots of shiny Bulbasaur if this is appealing for you? :D

Back