• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Listen to this preview of Toby Fox’s song in Sword and Shield

pkmin3033

Eh...not a Toby Fox fan, honestly. I mean, I've heard worse, but...

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
That's awful. It doesn't sound like it belongs in a Pokemon game at all. Hell, it doesn't sound like it belongs in a video game. It sounds like a TV gameshow's theme song.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Sounds like Toby's works, and is really good, at least in my opinion. This can be the theme for the Battle Arena, the new Pokestar Studios or something similar.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
aw, and here I thought that they secretly brought back PokeStar Studios =(

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I don't think it doesn't sound Pokemon like, though? I do wonder what this theme could possibly be used for. He said it wasn't a "main Pokemon theme" so we know it's not a rival battle theme or anything like that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • uk
  • Seen Jun 2, 2021
I really like the song it sounds cool, I wonder where in the game you will hear it

Years
Catchy song is catchy.

tSEpqqT.gif

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I do think this particular piece from Toby Fox have a bit of battle theme vibes. I can imagine it being on Champion themes, or maybe even for some Legendary 'mons.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
It certainly sounds like something from Undertale or Deltarune. Not particularly fond of the song quite yet, but I'm happy for him. To compose music for Game Freak on a main series Pokémon title is arguably bigger than his Little Town Hero compositions. I might grow into the song after hearing it a bit more, wherever it pops up in the game.

Back