• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Release Dates and Speculation Thread

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
    Years
    seda said:
    I'm not black either, all I ment is that they have such light skin and big eyes to be asian. So they arn't even asian or black.

Most cartoon style characters made in Japan have big eyes. In most anime, more than half the characters have very large eyes. Therefore, eye size has nothing to do with it, that is unless all anime is made about people with white skin and big eyes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    seda said:
    Have you guys heard of Journey across America? You complain they try to help you out, but your still not happy. I'm sorry for the people who live in other countries, but if you live in the US you shouldn't complain. Sorry it just annoys me some times. I've never really cared enough to cheat.

Have you heard of NOT LIVING IN A MAJOR TOWN OR EVEN CLOSE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND!!??? Geez...talk about making assumptions...

But with Wi-Fi, that might no longer be a problem--Nintendo hopefully will decide to take these events to the online connection.

Tina

Secretly Hoardes Persians
    Years
    Those events in America are always held in major cities far, far away.

You have to remember that a lot of the people going to these things are kids who have parents who might not like the idea of traveling far (with gas prices as they are) just so a kid can get something special in a $40 game they bought for them.

I could possibly drive myself, but I see their point: why drive all the way out when you can just get a cheat code from a thing that you can buy locally?

Anyway BACK ON TOPIC: I don't think D/P will be out until next X-mas. Personally. They usually take that long to transfer over.
    Do you think that the accompanying third version of the generation will be something called maybe "Platinum"?

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    *Hopes this is in the right topic, since the title includes the word 'speculation'*

Here's a thing I think is going to happen (hence speculation), mainly due to an event in recent anime episodes.

I think they're going to give Aipom an evolved form. That's why Ash caught one recently in the series... When the new episodes about Diamond and Pearl start, maybe his Aipom will evolve?

Just a thought... Other than that, I have no other evidence or backup...

Neo Umbreon

In a Burrito.
    Years
    For the Journey Across America does anyone think that the other two games that the winners get other than Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Red, and Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Blue will be Pokemon Diamond and Pearl since all the games that they get haven't come out in the US yet? Plus I thought Pokemon Diamond and pearl wouldn't come out in the US till' next Summer.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Soooo... anyone wanna talk about Diamond and Pearl again?

How about those pictures that were recently released of the five new Pokemon? What do you guys think about the new legendaries? Or... SUPPOSED legendaries. And the three other blotchy Pokemon that no one can make out.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Drapion is too big to be Gligar's evo. And Drapions type is dark and poison

i really hope that pachirisu takes over pikachus role. pachirisu looks kickbutt!

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
    About the release date...

Obviously, it is to be released in Japan on 28th September 2006.

So, using this information and averaging release dates of R/S/E/FR/LG, I have deduced that it could be...
    • Japan: Thursday 28th September 2006
    • US: Thursday 5th April 2007
    • Europe: Sunday 22nd July 2007

Although, I have heard that it could be released in the US on Friday 10th November 2006, and in Europe on Thursday 14th December 2006.

I hope it's the latter. I can't wait until July 2007, or even April!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Tentachu said:
    Although, I have heard that it could be released in the US on Friday 10th November 2006, and in Europe on Thursday 14th December 2006.

...WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!???? Where did you hear that!??

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, if he heard it from an unofficial source, then it probably isn't, but if it was from a reliable source, then......

and that's why you SHOULD care.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Huh? That's crazy talk. Since when has a game from Japan come out over here in the US only a couple months later? It takes far too long to translate and rework the game. >.>

A 2007 release sounds much more believable. Plus it would put it in conjunction with the anime over here as well (not that that HAS to be the case).

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2006
    On pe2k it says it is out in spring, it was told at the pokemon party.

Back