• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Release Dates and Speculation Thread

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    So, using this information and averaging release dates of R/S/E/FR/LG, I have deduced that it could be...
    Japan: Thursday 28th September 2006
    US: Thursday 5th April 2007
    Europe: Sunday 22nd July 2007
    Ack, I can't wait... I hope it comes out earlier, but I am a bit doubtful. I live in Europe, so more time to wait... -_-

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • Tentachu said:
    • Japan: Thursday 28th September 2006
    • US: Thursday 5th April 2007
    • Europe: Sunday 22nd July 2007

By your logic, Australia would get D/P around late April-early May. IMO, the rest of the world would get them around March-May. Still, the sooner the better. :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I really don't think that Diamond and Pearl will come out on September 28th. There is one more month to go and there not giving enough information for the two games. There are 22 real Pokemon so far and therre are about 18 fake Pokemon its annoying.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • I really don't think that Diamond and Pearl will come out on September 28th.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

How is it not coming out on Sept. 28th? All the Japanese commercials have that date on them, and it's not like they're gonna lie about it.
    Besides, they've already released enough information as it is. They're not going to spoil the whole game before it comes out.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • But what I mean is that there isn't enough Pokemon.

There's plenty of Pokémon.
    They already revealed all three starters and the legendary ubers, they revealed several pre-evolutions and a couple of evolutions and a bunch of new Pokémon like Pachirsu and Dorapion. They're more than ready in releasing the games.

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • But unlike the other games. The other games revealed atleast 150 brand new Pokemon. i was hoping they would do the same for diamond and Pearl. But on the other hand I relized it must be very difficult to make all new sprites for the other 386 Pokemon. Plus making more for the Unowns, Castform and Deoxys because they have more forms.

Vulcan

Pwnful Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2009
    from what I've seen, the starters are the fire monkey dude, the penguin water guy, and the little grass dinosaur lookin guy...is that right? (although english names are yet to be revealed...I won't even bother typing the japanese names- lol)

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007

There's plenty of Pokémon.
    They already revealed all three starters and the legendary ubers, they revealed several pre-evolutions and a couple of evolutions and a bunch of new Pokémon like Pachirsu and Dorapion. They're more than ready in releasing the games.

nnooooooooo they're not. :)
    I'm still waiting for a brand-new three stage evolution chain.

I want 100 new pokemon! I hope they're saving the best pokemon for last because the new pokemon i know right now from serebii are...... NOT GOOD. :)

and pokemon's so big that plenty of ideas are thought up by fans. ideas shouldn't be a problem. just hire one more pokemon fanatic and you'll get 5 or 10 more new original pokemon!

Last edited:

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • But what they should have done was revealed the first 9 4th generation Pokemon, thats what they should have done. Well not revealing all of the new Pokemon but atleast half of the new Pokemon.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
  • dates

When people say Spring (N Hemi)/Autumn (S Hemi), I think that is too late. That is about 6-8 months away. It does not take that long to translate the game and I am adamant that it will be released in time for Christmas (they'd be silly not to!).

There's 3 months between Jap release and Xmas so why not?

If us Aussies get a worse release date than US or Europe, my nan lives in England and buys us things often, so I can ask her to buy me the game and I will send over the money :D

Thanks to my mum for that idea (great person for help - quick thinking and smart)

Bippa

I'M NOT A BEGINNING TRAINER!
    Years
  • It's already confirmed that the U.S. will have a Spring '07 launch. It may take more than three months to translate, it took about 10 months for Mystery Dungeon.

Bippa

Back