• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Poll

Do you think they should make a 5th generation?

• Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    First of all, not everyone thinks the D/P Pokemon are 'bland.' Heck, your avy is an Empoleon. o_o
    Secondly, they should make new gens, AND remake G/S/C, I think. I mean, why not? They made FR/LG, then they still made D/P. :3

Oops, meant to quote m's post above. o_o

Well, I dont think that all of the pokemon are bland. And I know, not everyone thinks they are bland. Thats the whole purpose of this thread. I only think that some of them are, im not saying that they are ugly, im saying they have poor detail. Probopass is ugly, but is filled in with detail. The 3 lake legendaries, Spiritomb, Drifloon, they have poor detail.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    I would want a fifth generation, though I probably wouldn't want as many new Pokemon. Ending the next generation at around 550 would be preferred- to me. A lot of the designs and names for Pokemon are getting sloppy, and Nintendo is relying more and more on evolutions of previous successful Pokemon. I would prefer that they just take the best ones from each generation, plus the 60 or so new ones and put them in their own region- with usually about 200 a region, that would come out to about 45 from the first three. Preferably, there would be some sort of replay value in the form of a visit to another region, but as that's only happened once, and it was rushed, I don't see that happening.

Of course,we'll all most likely have to wait until the DS2 comes out, seeing as Nintendo has always only released one generation per console. (GB- RBY, GBC- GSC, GBA- RSE, DS- DP_)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Seriously though. They keep recycling ideas. The older pokemon had great design, some more simple designs (like gengar) and some more detailed (like Venusaur). The quality of the design is going down. They need to keep pokemon going in new ways like someone else said earlier. I'm so tired of increasingly dull pokemon. Dragonite, Garchomp, salamence, they're all the same with a few different strengths and weaknesses. Dragonite is the best out of all of them because of originality. He was the only super stat dragon at the time, but now there are quite a few. They recycled the turtle idea (blastoise to torterra), the poison blob idea (muk to swalot), and a few more, like the super stat dragon and the god of all pokemon idea (mew/mewtwo to arceus). Enough is enough. I certainly want more games to come out though.

m

Years
    Seriously though. They keep recycling ideas. The older pokemon had great design, some more simple designs (like gengar) and some more detailed (like Venusaur). The quality of the design is going down. They need to keep pokemon going in new ways like someone else said earlier. I'm so tired of increasingly dull pokemon. Dragonite, Garchomp, salamence, they're all the same with a few different strengths and weaknesses. Dragonite is the best out of all of them because of originality. He was the only super stat dragon at the time, but now there are quite a few. They recycled the turtle idea (blastoise to torterra), the poison blob idea (muk to swalot), and a few more, like the super stat dragon and the god of all pokemon idea (mew/mewtwo to arceus). Enough is enough. I certainly want more games to come out though.

I dont want more games but I see where your coming from. I remember the good old days with Dragonite on Pokemon The First Movie...Good times lol.

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    I seriously don't understand why anyone is even complaining. It's not like Nintendo is going to wander here and even care about this.

Years
    I would say they have to make a fifth generation.
    Some of the 4th generation poke'mon I wasn't impressed by, And some I thought were disturbing *Shivers*

But, I know Nintendo can do better, So I support a 5th generation.

Totally Agree.

Although with 5th gen I dont think 100 more pokemon is neccesary,
    I'd say go for 520 (27 more)I'd like a new type from these pokemon which should be light-type in my opinion, 10 new pokemon should be light and a few old ones like Clefairy And Togepi could be light type too.
    and in this new game not make a new region but, make 1 version that explores Kanto & Johto then another version with Hoenn & Sinnoh.

I know thats very specific but, I think its a good idea.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    okay, who said no???

I think pokemon should go on forever, unless some where they get desparit and start making generations of 50 new crappy pokemon

m

Years
    okay, who said no???

I think pokemon should go on forever, unless some where they get desparit and start making generations of 50 new crappy pokemon

Okay, I said no??? Lol. Sorry.

And 13 other people evidently said no as well.

m

Years
    okay, i'm sad, everyone that loves pokemon should want it to go on! But i respect your oppinions

Thank you, as I also respect yours. I have beaten EVERY Pokemon game, so yes I LOVE Pokemon. I just dont think they should make Pokemon continue. Just start making remakes, and maybe games that involve every region and every Pokemon. Just not new Pokemon, and no new regions.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Light type? Groan...I think that is unoriginal and kinda bland. I mean light type is just kinda stupid. Clefable used light blast! Meh...I think the types are fine. If they do make a new type, it better not be light cuz that's just stupid. It's just kinda pointless. Lemme guess. Super effective on ghost and dark types. How about the opposite. Hehe. I like the pokemon they have now. No matter what new pokemon come out I still say Mew/Mewtwo is the strongest pokemon ever. So tired of these new, bland legends.

m

Years
    Light type? Groan...I think that is unoriginal and kinda bland. I mean light type is just kinda stupid. Clefable used light blast! Meh...I think the types are fine. If they do make a new type, it better not be light cuz that's just stupid. It's just kinda pointless. Lemme guess. Super effective on ghost and dark types. How about the opposite. Hehe. I like the pokemon they have now. No matter what new pokemon come out I still say Mew/Mewtwo is the strongest pokemon ever. So tired of these new, bland legends.

I agree, light type sounds a bit basic. So does ground, but you have to have something related to what you walk on lol. And I dont think Mew/Mewtwo are the strongest, but they are cooler then some of the legendaires today. Now they just make WAY to many legendaires.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I agree, light type sounds a bit basic. So does ground, but you have to have something related to what you walk on lol. And I dont think Mew/Mewtwo are the strongest, but they are cooler then some of the legendaires today. Now they just make WAY to many legendaires.

Yeah coolest is what I meant. They are the original gods of pokemon. Arceus will never take their place in my mind. There's like 20 new legendaries in D/P. Once there are so many legendaries, they really aren't as "legendary" as they once were. The old legendaries looked so much better too. Palkia looks really bad and same goes for diagla. The legendary birds and dogs were the coolest legendary trios by far. Same with dragonite being the best super dragon; mence and chomp are copies. Also, how many variations of fearow and pidgeot can you make? More than I thought possible...

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    I agree with warrior 13, they do look crappy, i like ones that're kinda simple, and not complicated and stupid like Dialga, Palkia, and Heatran

m

Years
    I agree with warrior 13, they do look crappy, i like ones that're kinda simple, and not complicated and stupid like Dialga, Palkia, and Heatran

Hey! I happen to like Heatran...Lol. I do agree with you. Even though I like Heatran...

Back