• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Poll

Do you think they should make a 5th generation?

• Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Okay then. Here's why they shouldn't make a 5th gen: too many bland new pokemon. Remakes would be fine with me. Countless spinoffs of older pokemon like Dragonite and Pidgeot get annoying. If the new pokemon were original and had better design 5th gen wouldn't sound so bad.

DC89

Water/Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • 2 more generations then the nintendo handheld that comes after the DS has an anthology with every pokemon game on it

kuku-melon

carbonero
    Years
  • they might not coz they have the "God" pokemon now

Well, I'm sure that nintendo guys don't care about that, they only care aobut their pockets. I'm sure that they'll come up with something bigger for the next generations, like some kind of Titan that created the universe or something like that...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • They'll probably have Cronus, Ares, Hera, and all those greek gods and godesses. Wew...even worse than the D/P legends.

Years
  • I'll only want a 5th generation of Pokemon on a few conditions....

1) Stop making Prevos/Evos of previously made Pokemon. I mean Steelix and Scizor were cool and Igglybuff, Cleffa, and Elekid were decent, but Rhyperior? Magmortar? Magnezone? That's just taking it too far. Not to mention Happiny, Mime Jr., Mantyke, Bonsly, etc. It's starting to get really old.

2) Make the Pokemon look like Pokemon. This new generation (and even the last generation) had Pokemon that didn't even look like Pokemon at all. The first two generations had Pokemon that looked cool and then after that, their looks began to taper off. Sure there are some cool looking Pokemon in D/P, but most of them look hideous!

3) Too many legendaries!!! Legendaries are supposed to be "legendary." D/P has, what 13 legendaries now? The amount of legendaries increases with each passing generation and it's really annoying. Each passing generation should have 6 legendaries at MOST! The legendary trio, the main Pokemon on the box cover, and an event-exclusive Pokemon is really all I need when it comes to legendaries.

4) No more tuitorials!! I already know how to catch Pokemon! I already know what a Pokemon Center does! I already know how to fight in trainer battles! I don't want them to hold my hand throughout the game because I already know how to do this stuff! If you're too lazy to read the manual in order to figure out how to play, then you shouldn't be playing the game at all.

5) No more useless extra features! When I use Cut, I don't need to see my Pokemon use the move. I just want to use Cut. I don't want anymore useless animations like this. I can stand moving Pokemon, but I don't need anything else. They could scrap the animations and use the excess space to add new, more useful features.

EDIT: 6) Pikachu wannabees need to seriously die too! We had Pichu, Plusle, Minum, and that electric squirrel Pach-something. We don't need anymore Pikachu wannabees. Especially because Pikcahu is one of the most overrated Pokemon out there.

Instead of making a new generation though, they can combine all the regions Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and the Orange Islands into one game. No more new Pogies. No more new legendaries. They can make everything the way it used to be.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'll only want a 5th generation of Pokemon on a few conditions....

1) Stop making Prevos/Evos of previously made Pokemon. I mean Steelix and Scizor were cool and Igglybuff, Cleffa, and Elekid were decent, but Rhyperior? Magmortar? Magnezone? That's just taking it too far. Not to mention Happiny, Mime Jr., Mantyke, Bonsly, etc. It's starting to get really old.

2) Make the Pokemon look like Pokemon. This new generation (and even the last generation) had Pokemon that didn't even look like Pokemon at all. The first two generations had Pokemon that looked cool and then after that, their looks began to taper off. Sure there are some cool looking Pokemon in D/P, but most of them look hideous!

3) Too many legendaries!!! Legendaries are supposed to be "legendary." D/P has, what 13 legendaries now? The amount of legendaries increases with each passing generation and it's really annoying. Each passing generation should have 6 legendaries at MOST! The legendary trio, the main Pokemon on the box cover, and an event-exclusive Pokemon is really all I need when it comes to legendaries.

4) No more tuitorials!! I already know how to catch Pokemon! I already know what a Pokemon Center does! I already know how to fight in trainer battles! I don't want them to hold my hand throughout the game because I already know how to do this stuff! If you're too lazy to read the manual in order to figure out how to play, then you shouldn't be playing the game at all.

5) No more useless extra features! When I use Cut, I don't need to see my Pokemon use the move. I just want to use Cut. I don't want anymore useless animations like this. I can stand moving Pokemon, but I don't need anything else. They could scrap the animations and use the excess space to add new, more useful features.

EDIT: 6) Pikachu wannabees need to seriously die too! We had Pichu, Plusle, Minum, and that electric squirrel Pach-something. We don't need anymore Pikachu wannabees. Especially because Pikcahu is one of the most overrated Pokemon out there.

Instead of making a new generation though, they can combine all the regions Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and the Orange Islands into one game. No more new Pogies. No more new legendaries. They can make everything the way it used to be.

Wow, you just stole the words from my mouth. I agree 100%. Scrath that. 200%!

Back