• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: 6,000 players hit with online bans

Years
  • This is a strong message to spread the fact that cheating or hacking in Pokemon game data is never to be tolerated. Great to hear they are getting punished for it.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    You guys make me laugh. We can hate on these "cheaters"/"hackers" all we want. I do however, have a problem with Pokémon that are blatantly impossible to create through the games themselves. There are people experimenting with what causes the Game Sync bans as we speak. They can always come back with a new save file, from what I've read.

If I wanted to battle with hackmons, I'd just use a Battle Simulator like Pokémon Showdown! It doesn't feel right saving hours upon hours trying to perfect a Pokémon, and then using them in battle. People can enjoy using their Speed Boost Blaziken if they want to. I'd hate to hear if someone got a Game Sync ban due to receiving a Pokémon that the system thinks was obtained through cheating or an edited save file.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Guess that's the punishment for Pkhex users or anyone attempt to illegally edit their save

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    This is the first im reading of it, but it makes sense. Not too far back i noticed the top scores were around 7k, when i know i saw 9k scores before. Yup, the cheaters got banned. I'm always worried i got a poke from wonder trade that will get me in trouble.

I've had a few battles that were totally hacked too. One guy rocked a raichu with a focus sash that was faster than my choice scarf garchomp and mega aerodactyl....i mean...how did that guy not think he was gonna get caught?

They should change losses to wins for all the people that were in cheated battles with these people.

Shixyo

Nobody
    Years
  • That's heartening to hear, but a little uncomforting to me at the same time. I use cheats/mods in any game, but for vanity's sake only.That being said, I doubt that the next time I try to play online that I don't get banned for my snazzy new kicks.

I don't ever touch the Pokemon, just my clothes. I like being able to make myself in a game, and if Pokemon gives me the option to do it, I'd rather just start out and play as myself, rather than wait till the last town to get the last piece of clothing that makes me "me".

Last edited:
    Back