• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

8-Bit Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
  • Not much I can really help you with, but know that I fully support this hack!!! Looks great and I can't wait for it's completion! Funny, the story you have is quite similar to one I came up with a few years ago, where it's set 20 years after R/S/E and Kyogre has beaten Groudon and flooded Hoenn...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Hey mappers PM me if you want to start mapping n_n
    And heres a small update (The game will start on a beach)

Here is the WIP of the first map:
    szx6pu.jpg

Moarrr updates later :)
    Credits- KyleDove,Dewitty,FM08,Rata

Last edited:

VerdeWare

...death is only the beginning
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2020
    I WOULD LOVEEEEE TO be a mapper
    Verdeware
    2 years
    mapper

for availability pretty much everyday for an hour I also have my own hack going so not sure

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • I WOULD LOVEEEEE TO be a mapper
    Verdeware
    2 years
    mapper

for availability pretty much everyday for an hour I also have my own hack going so not sure
    Accepted! ^,^ I will add you to the team c:
    VM or PM me so I can send you the rom p:
    And I am currently inserting More tiles for the beach and as well as the skypillar(Yes its still there)
    and some cave tiles:p

VerdeWare

...death is only the beginning
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2020
    btw synbit I have all pokemon x and y icons and Im pretty sure I now how to make animations for those so yeah

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Great! I have all the icons and most sprites :p
    But could you work on the starter pokemon first?
    Chespin,Fennekin,Froakie and the evos? That would be great dude!!! thanks :p I suck at spriting lol

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Wow, nice going there Synbit! :) I would love to be on your team. Maybe if mapping is still needed. I will create a great sample means, I'll join. Anyways, good luck! :)

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Great! I honestly don't want a lot of mappers but its great to have some :P I really can;t believe we are making a Hoenn Remake finaly owo
    anyways TIles are currently being inserted and if you find any cool ones you would like please tell me xD

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Okay So I been fixing some tiles and I have little root ready :3 the Beach is complete
    Spoiler:
    :o... after cave tiles and some different mountain tiles are entered I will post in progressing hacks :D
    Really excited guys !!

But I need someone to take screenies of the hack so far on VBA? if you can please say so

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Hello Synbit from team vortex. hope you still have room.

Name: Tyler(1616)
    Skills: Spriting
    Experience(Howlong?): couple days
    ApplyingFor: Spriting
    ProofofWork(Needed): View attachment 71305

View attachment 71306

View attachment 71307
    Availability: 1 - 4 hours a day
    Not bad... I do need a sprite and your work is great for only a couple of days exp XD
    Welcome to the team :) And small update: We have Transparent Text box thru ASM and double Show Pokepic thanks to andrea ;)

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Okay So I been fixing some tiles and I have little root ready :3 the Beach is complete
    Spoiler:
    :o... after cave tiles and some different mountain tiles are entered I will post in progressing hacks :D
    Really excited guys !!

But I need someone to take screenies of the hack so far on VBA? if you can please say so

I'm really excited to see your hack to be posted as well! :D Keep it up! ^^

Years
  • Cool ^^ if you're finish inserting maybe resend me again the ips? Im really terrile on how the tiles ae very confusing and the ledges aren't working :( [ledges are in 1 tile so can't extend it)

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Cool ^^ if you're finish inserting maybe resend me again the ips? Im really terrile on how the tiles ae very confusing and the ledges aren't working :( [ledges are in 1 tile so can't extend it)
    Well I will insert some new legdes My bad if they came out bad :( I am also inserting them in a new way thanks to Rata :3\
    I will resend the new IPS to all mappers if you ask for it ^^ (I will send it on the weekend)

CyanCerulean

Adorables
    Years
  • Hey! I've wanted to start my own hack for a while (and I have), but so far it hasn't gotten very far off the ground. I think it'd be really great if I could help on this one to get some experience under my belt!

Name: RedPanda

Skills: Spriting in general.... I can do trainers, pokemon, pretty much most things. I can do maps too, but they won't be the greatest, but quality. I can do trainer additions and insertions, as well as pokemon insertions/additions.

Experience: Not too terribly long, but I'm a fast learner (or so they tell me) and I've got most of the implementation and what not pretty much down.

Applying For: Sprites, Trainer/Pokemon Implementation, Mapping, and anything else needed on the spur of the moment! (The only proof I have though is spriting...)

Proofs:

Trainer Sprites In-Game:
    5b1p1k.png
    6hmg3k.png

Pokemon Implementation: (All custom balanced, named, evolution-ized, attacks created, Pokedex Entry by me)
    2r4imc5.png
    1267nt0.png
    2a7wefk.png
    6hs66e.png

Availability: 2-6 hours a day

If I get in, that'd be great, just putting myself out there :D

Last edited:

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Hey! I've wanted to start my own hack for a while (and I have), but so far it hasn't gotten very far off the ground. I think it'd be really great if I could help on this one to get some experience under my belt!

Name: RedPanda

Skills: Spriting in general.... I can do trainers, pokemon, pretty much most things. I can do maps too, but they won't be the greatest, but quality. I can do trainer additions and insertions, as well as pokemon insertions/additions.

Experience: Not too terribly long, but I'm a fast learner (or so they tell me) and I've got most of the implementation and what not pretty much down.

Applying For: Sprites, Trainer/Pokemon Implementation, Mapping, and anything else needed on the spur of the moment! (The only proof I have though is spriting...)

Proofs:

Trainer Sprites In-Game:
    5b1p1k.png
    6hmg3k.png

Pokemon Implementation: (All custom balanced, named, evolution-ized, attacks created, Pokedex Entry by me)
    2r4imc5.png
    1267nt0.png
    2a7wefk.png
    2ntxxfr.png

Availability: 2-6 hours a day

If I get in, that'd be great, just putting myself out there :D

Great You can save me time bro ^,^ Welcome to the team ^^
    And If there is one more scripter I can take you so we can start the beta :P yes the beta will go up to 4 gyms :o But as of now I am busy with finals graduation and tons of school

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • WOOOOT thanks!! Sorry for all the pictures, I wanted on pretty bad so I thought, how can I make myself look as good as possible?

No lie, I'm not the best scripter ever, but I'll figre it out. Just let me know what you need and e-mail me the ips/rom file :D

EDIT: Oh yeah,I can edit Leader lineups as well as other trainer lineups as well!
    Haha well thanks Im not a good scripter turns Out im just good at anything that has to do with graphics xD well I will send the IPS once I am done inserting the complete tiles ^,^ VM me bro for more info

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • So yeah, I said that I'll give you an example of my work, here ya go! :) Inserted those tiles myself, thanks to your tutorial and to FM's tiles on WAH.
    Anyways, proof of work under spoiler ^^
    Spoiler:

Here's my old hack too. (When you see it, you'll ♥♥♥♥ brix)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back