• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

9/11/2001: Where Were You?

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    With Sunday marking the 4th anniversary of 9/11, I'm just curious as to where you were and what were you doing when you heard the horrible news of that fateful day.

For me, I was at home recovering from a cold...just as my mom got back from taking my younger sister to school, my dad called her from work and told her "Turn on the TV! Turn on the TV!" We watched, stunned, as the carnage unfolded.

After watching the towers fall ad nauseum, I hurried to my room, tuned my radio to the public radio station, and left it there...relaying updates via e-mail to my dad whenever they broke, since he didn't have TV nor radio at work.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    ummm i guess i was in my bedroom doing omethign it was so long ago i cant remember not that long tho
    i watched the news in shock gosh think about the mess
    its really really sad to think terrorists wud do such a thing

Years
    I was at my grandmas, tch, an' it was morning when I saw tha news... tch, one day later thieves broke inta our house, but meh, tch, that's a different story... -_-

Years
    I remember exactly what I was doing at that moment, actually. I was just in the heat of a game on my computer, and my mom got mad at me, saying I couldn't care what happened in the world, as long as I could play my games ...

Needless to say, I do care. It's a terrible thing what happened back then, and this Sunday my thoughts will be with those who lost loved ones there just as good as my mom's.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I was in my science room, ironically looking in the direction of the twin towers to see if I could see them. But this was my middle school and it was far from the bay, pretty inland but you still could see the the northernmost bridge that led to NJ.
    Sadly, I didn't have cable so when the WTC went down, so did my obsession with Pokemon T_T
    So it's the terrorists' fault I stopped liking Pokemon at age 12 ^_^

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I was in Math Class then the Assistant Principal walked in with the news. Then an announcement was made 5 minutes later on the loudspeaker.

Years
    I was at home, myself...just doing whatever it was that I tended to do in the mornings around that time. I didn't know anything was up until my dad called and told me to "Turn on the news, a plane crashed into the White House!"

...And since that was quite a bit of news in itself, I turn on the tv...just in time to watch footage of the second tower falling. :/ Sigh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    On my way home around 10am I think, I went into a store and heard some guy freaking out over the radio and I asked the store clerk what happened and that's about it.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Lucky you. I was at the store shopping and some crazy guy said NY's in trouble. Everyone thought that he was joking so nobody cared. But then every channel had that news. OMFG I said. Those poor people in there. Nobody survived that crash.

Curse you Bin Laden!!>_<

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Coming home from school in the car. Nearly every single TV channel had coverage of it for about 6 hours afterwards!

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I was at home watching Short Circuit 2 with my kids. My mother called me and told me what happened.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    In school in my eighth-grade science class...I don't remember much other than that because I was a bit panicked...thought a nuclear strike was coming o_o;

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Well...it was in fourth grade..i'm not sure what exact class it was but I remember a teacher coming in with news of the attack, my teacher , Ms. Bonner was her name, turned on her radio and tried to tune into any channel with something about the attacks..it was in the start of the day...around 8:40 where the news came..anyway the whole class went to the window(It was the third floor of my(former) school, which is pretty high), and we saw as the towers collapsed. Back then I didn't know much about terrorism..and I thought it was a big joke..but thousands of people died...my mom was lucky..she didn't work far from the WTC...and she had to walk home all the way from Manhatten..some time after me and my mom went to see the list of all the people who died..my brothers name was up there...but he was of course at home...he was only fifteen then..anyway on that day I went home early, because my dad picked me up...and that's all I've got to say.

Sailor Chibi Lunatone

Fear the Chupacabra!
    Years
    I was in seventh grade science class. One of the eighth graders at my old school was in the computer lab, when he found out what happened from some news website. He then ran around to every room in school saying that an airplane had crashed into the World Trade Center. He was known for being a jokester, so at first nobody believed him, and nearly got suspended for disrupting classes, until the school principal found out that it was true, and let him go.

Years
    I was... sleeping. Really! I lived on an US air base in Japan at the time, so I didn't know they were destroyed until I woke up, which was awhile after they were destroyed because of the time diffrence. ^^;
    I was so afraid when my stepdad came into our room and told us that school was cancelled because they attacked the US. I wanted to hide under my bed. School was cancelled for two or three days (I forgot), because the base was under lockdown. And the day we did go to school, we talked about it in a few classes. They had tanks near the gates for awhile too. It was kinda scary, being across the street from a tank, with a guy on top near a big gun.
    Almost all of the 5 English channels we got were just coverage that morning, and some of the Japanese channels had it too.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    scool wen i come home theres no cartoons on all taling about the thing that happened wen i got like struck by interest and got like more interested and well ya

Back