• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

9/11/2001: Where Were You?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I was in my ninth grade typing class...my teacher walked out to see if she could borrow another teacher's radio. She brought a radio into the classroom and turned it on to the news station. I heard all about it, but being the apathetic bad boy I was, I really didn't care about it until I saw video news coverage on it later that night.

I'm such an apathetic bad boy...

mvtm

Years
    I was on vacations.In Venezuela school starts like on last september so..i was sleeping comforatbly fine in my home...when i heard my mom screaming...and i imnediatly wake up i knew something was up to.

So, when i glanced by CNN .. i saw how horrible it was (the first plane just hit)..and then i saw the second and so worth.

I deceided to check on IRC #pokemasters.net channel, which by that time i was a sop..and told everyone about the news-kind debate thingie..looking more photo links and all.

My mom got my breakfast to the living room and we watched all day the TV. I was 12 back then

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
    I was in scool,just started 6th grade,a phonecall rang in my spanish class,the call was for me my mom was picking me up,I was so surprised becuase I never get picked up from school (i was the first to leave from my class)I went to the auditorium and say alot of parents crying including my mom,I asked her whats wrong?? she didnt want to tell me so she walked me home and told me a plane was hijacked and crashed into one of the twin towers,and it collapased I was like okay...so why am i going home ( i didnt understand how seriouse the situation was at the time untill i saw the news)(I also live in uppermanhatten)

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I was asleep. o_o; I awoke about an hour after it happened, then turned on the TV for my morning cartoons. Needless to say, the news broadcast was showing in the timeframe of these cartoons.

Years
    erm I was in year 4 at the time I was distracted a helluva lot that day cause I madde friends with the new kid and then we put the radio on by accident and heard it and I ran round the playground shouting PLANE CRASH PLANE CRASH and everyone else was like he can't be serious and then when we went in for lessons they all knew I was right and I didn't know what the twin towers were then XD I was kinda young

Silfa

ohh.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    I woke up really early in the morning and flicked the TV on there I saw a clip of the one of the crashes. So I went into my parents room and told them what happened and they were in front of tele as fast as you could say plane crash.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    Well, I was in class when I found out about it. We were watching a video in science class about the ape lady. When you turned the video player off NBC comes on. We saw the breaking news, and the teacher was sure it was a movie or something. I went about the next two hours, and my mom came to get me because we had family that worked in the Pentagon. My uncle who hadn't left and my cousins-in-laws mother who had sprained her ankle running out of the building. I was at home watching TV all day.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    I was in computer class when the first whiffs of it came, my asshole of an english teacher in my next class would not let us watch it so I missed the first tower comming down, went to Health and saw the seconed one come down.

Years
    Hmm, this is a neat thread.

I was a freshman in high school, and I had just completed my World History homework when the bell sounded to change classes. After that, I walked down the hall noticing people with shocked looks painted across their faces. It was then, when I walked into my Theatre class, that I first heard news of it on the radio that was playing at the time. Stunned, I looked on my teacher's computer at the pictures that were displayed. A nightmare, I thought. How could this be? I asked my teacher if I could go to the bathroom, which she granted my wish. Secretly, I didn't go there, but to my relative's classroom, as she teaches at my school. I hugged her, and started sobbing. It was a horrible, horrific way to start the day.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I just got up in the morning when it happened and saw my dad watching the news, but I didn't react to the destruction for some reason..... O_o Like, really. Dad even called me dumb for that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    crystal_mew said:
    Guess 'apathetic' really does describe me. =\
    You were in third grade at the time--I would have been the exact same way at such an age, I believe. It's not a bad thing, it's just people around that age don't really...care about things like that. o_O I know my brother didn't and he was a little younger than that.

Anyway, I was in sixth grade at the time and I had no one to eat lunch with at school that day so I walked with my friend to her house since she always went home for lunch. We managed to completely avoid TV and radios the whole lunch hour and when we got back, everyone was spazzing about it. XP We watched a few footage clips on the internet in class after that and had this long discussion about it. I remember liking it because we were missing Social Studies or something...which would have been in French. And I hated the language at the time. XD;

But yeah, it sunk in that night when my parents were watching the news where it showed everything over and over again. ._.;

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Muwahahaha...*cough*

I was in 6th grade I believe. I saw it on TV when I woke up. I thought it was a movie, a boring movie at that. I didn't even know the word "terrorist" until one hour later when I got to school.

Back