• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a 100 posts a day

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    it never really matters to me. although since, most of the time, those who have been members of a forum for a long time tend to have really high post counts, as do the people who have contributed much to the forum (like the staff, or ex-staff), i have a slight tendency to automatically think of people with high post counts as "experienced" members.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I don't give a crap about my post count. It is what it is. That said, I don't care about the post counts of others, either. Quality over quantity every time - I'd respect a quality poster with five hundred posts or five thousand, it doesn't matter to me.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I try not to let post counts do anything for me. I'm happy with mine, I have no particular goals to bring it any higher. I don't much care for post counts. When I see someone with a very low post count, I'll tend not to think much of them because it's very possible that they just stop coming here all together. I'm sure a lot of users sign up, maybe come around for the first week and post about 10 times, and forget about this place. Once you start seeing the post counts get up into the 50s and 100s then I can guess that the person is genuinely interested in contributing to PC. Oh, and if their posts are well written, thought-out and explain a valid point, that never hurts.

I tend to care a lot about my posts. If I start writing one and I don't see myself getting anywhere with it, I'll just drop it. I hardly post anywhere where I don't think the topic is worth the time it takes to reply. I know that makes me sound kinda pretentious lol but it's the truth. I won't bother with an uninteresting topic.

Years
    I'll admit, I do pay attention to mine and others, and their frequency of posting. Normally I look at it, and by looking at it I can assume they either post rarely, whether their a newbie, etc. etc.

But more recently I don't care about it. Though I'd still like to have like 5,000 on this one.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't think I've ever taken any notice of anyones post count. There are those times you notice members like Forever with 20,000+ posts, which I suppose I have noticed and thought of how cool it was, but either way it doesn't really matter.

I have to admit I've always felt like I needed to post something at least once a day, to at least feel like I'm contributing to the community, but the actual number doesn't matter to me.

lmao what? Did somebody tell you that? If they did, they were taking advantage of your innocent nature, my friend :P
    I'm pretty sure he was joking. But I'm sure such a thing exists. :x

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    IMO, the higher the post count of a user, the more respectable he/she is. It doesn't apply to everyone, though. That's the purpose of the Spam Thread in the Staff section, where staff members can spam all day long and bump up their post count to make them a more respectable member.
    That isn't true. If somebody has 25,000 posts but spams all the time, nobody is going to take them seriously.

Anyway, I don't really care about post count. It's what's said that matters, not the amount of times you say it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    To be honest I don't care about my postcount pretty much. Off course it show how active you've been and how much you like to chat with other members. Those who have over 10000 posts are pretty active posters and they want to start discussions and join them also.

Trivial question: I don't know but Snivy063 had about 70 posts per day so that was pretty much.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    For a couple of years I was really dedicated to becoming top poster. :P I slowly climbed the top ten and was very close, but then we had to do a post recount and Ryoutarou jumped ahead of me and passed 30k so I gave up on that. Lately I've been lucky even to get a hundred posts in a month, nevermind when I used to do that daily.

Years
    Yeah I suppose I do YOU'LL NEVER BEAT MY POST COUNT YOSHI!

It's impressive when you see people with huge post counts but even more so when they have spent a long time on a forum. These two factors give a reasonable idea of how committed a member is to a forum (there will be exceptions like when a member leaves for ages and then returns and stuff like that). New members who post a lot are also impressive but in a different manner. Most new members do tend to post a lot when they initially arrive but I think a lot of them tend to die off after a short while. It's consistency which I like in a poster rather than fluctuation (even though I'm more of a fluctuation type poster myself).

As far as post content itself is concerned, I like quality over quantity but concise - straight to the point without too much waffle (that being said, I think I tend to post quite short posts which aren't that concise. I'm such a walking contradiction). I prefer posts which have no grammatical inconsistencies. I like to give a bit of thought before making a post - it helps add a bit of structure to the post and it gives me time to ideally say what I want to say.

The most posts I've made in a single day is probably somewhere between 5-10. You want a pin point estimate? Fine then . . . let's go with 8.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Ever since I started posting in Other Trivia pretty much all the time, I don't really care about postcount so much anymore o3o It's also taught me not to judge someone by the number of posts they've made. Sure there are exceptions, but hey, someone with 0 posts might just have that many 'cause they've posted 10k posts in a section where posts don't count.

Also used to care about hitting 5000, but that was before I became a Supporter o3o /I love how it says you have access to a blog when you hit 5000 when you've had a blog before that

In Fair Verona

4BR4 C4D4V3R
    Years
    I don't like looking at someone's post count and immediately judging them from it. Having a higher post count does usually mean that that member has been more active, or here for longer, yes, but I prefer seeing good quality posts over a large quantity - having both together is a bonus. Right now, my very low post count makes me feel like I should be more active, but I'd rather slow down and make good posts than raise it quickly. It seems a better way of contributing to the forums, I suppose.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Sometimes while browsing a certain section and I see a n00b post I sometimes look at the post count number. When I, for example, see that they're a member since 2008 and have only one post so far, I can't help but facepalm (mentally).

I prefer quality over quantity, I also don't like repeating things. =/ That's why only really post when I think I can add something.
    I would like to get 5000 posts someday but it'll be veeeerry slow. |D

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Honestly speaking, i am post count obsessed. I like getting those numbers higher and higher, because for me it is a sign that you truly are active for the site. Posts for me, on the other hand, is quality over quantity. You must state what you really want to get across, (barring grammars. petty rules), in the simplest form you can. No point in putting huge walls of text that is really hard to read.

the most i posted in a day is roughly 200. that was during the new year's day. LOL.

Back