• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a 100 posts a day

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I'm not gonna lie... I commonly look at a user's post count to discern how long they have been with the community. To see how senior they are.

I sometimes look at my own count and have little milestones for myself. I consider them to be how "involved" I am with a forum at times. But it's nothing to obsess over, I usually type a balance of long and informative posts, and short comments, but I would never spam for postcount.

I am not terribly active here, so I think the most amount of posts I have done here in a day would probably be around 12 posts. In forums overall, my highest per day I imagine was around 70... But that was right after a forum opened for the first time and it was buzzing with activity from everyone.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Post Count? What is this Post Count you speak of. I don't see any post counts under anyone's usernames!

... So basically I don't care about Post Count to the point that I just turned them off so I don't see them in the post bit (along with basically everything else). Every now and then I might go to my profile to check if I had hit a milestone or something, but it's really rare when I do so, and it's usually when I'm really bored. I'll post wherever and whenever I feel, and I try to make my posts add at least a little something to the conversation... unless it's Other Trivia. The fact that I frequent and Mod the trivia boards adds to why I don't care about Post Count, primarily because post count doesn't add in those two boards.

I will say that I have gone on posting sprees before, but even when I do that I try to make my posts have at least a bit of quality in them.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I only ever cared about hitting 1000 posts, and that wasn't even a strict goal or anything, I just would achieve it whenever I achieved it. After that, I don't care at all about my post count, or the post count of others. I leave it turned on just so I can see if people have good numbers. x3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    IMO, the higher the post count of a user, the more respectable he/she is. It doesn't apply to everyone, though. That's the purpose of the Spam Thread in the Staff section, where staff members can spam all day long and bump up their post count to make them a more respectable member.

Wait, what?

I don't look at my actual postcount often but I like looking at my posts per day. Often I use posts as a point of comparison to be honest. I'll compare their post quality to their post quantity and make a generalized guess based on that. For example, there are people that don't post much of quality and have a ridiculous post count. In that case, I feel that their post count is a negative thing rather than a positive. It's the opposite with people with low post counts and very high quality posts, makes me think that their posts are really valuable.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I don't care at all about post counts. I only post in topics that interest me. It'd be neat when I reached 1000 posts, but it doesn't really matter to me that much.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I don't really care about post counts. I only really needed them to claim things.
    Some new members with high post counts make well thought out posts, but some of them are just pointless with like one sentence just so they can have lots of posts...

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I would sometimes look at my post count hoping it would be higher (during my early days here), but I wouldn't deliberately increase my post count for the sake of it.

Also, I tend to edit my posts a lot - because I always feel that I could present my answers in a better way.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm not worried about post count. I come to a forum for discussions with other members not to worry about some number. I try my best to make well thought out posts rather than short one liners that have no relevance to topics. I'm not going to say that I don't glance over and wish my post count would be higher, but that will come in due time.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Quality not quantity etc etc. Though I do remember what it was like to be new to forums when I was a kid and think that postcount is basically your "awesomeness meter"; I once ragequit a place after I accumulated nearly a thousand posts only for them to be erased in some freak glitch. Everyone goes through this phase, and it can actually have a positive result as becoming a habitual poster eventually forges relationships with other members that naturally force you to make better posts out of pure conversationalism. If you're a frivolous borderline spam poster, you'll eventually realize that you're not getting recognition in spite of your 99999999 post count.

I guess I cared about post count when I was newer at PC, but it stopped mattering after a few thousand posts, and I don't really believe that I ever actually posted for the sake of increasing my post count. It was just sometimes nice to see that I was making progress as a member of the community, as while your friendships are the ultimate indicator of your acceptance, post count is at least indicative of your activity level. I certainly don't think that my post count is doing me any particular favors now, other than maybe have people wonder why my count is so astronomically high when they don't recognize me and give my profile a glance (I do enjoy the occasional VM, hint hint!)

I wouldn't doubt that in my days of obsessive posting I may have hit 100 posts in a day. Back in the wonderfully, chaotically active days of the DCC it wasn't unusual for several members to come close to or exceed 1k posts in a single DCC, and I averaged anywhere between 500 and 1k posts per DCC in addition to my activity elsewhere. When Member Fanclubs existed they didn't add to postcount but were like mini-DCCs unto themselves, so between all of that, the secret mod lair, and places I used to haunt like the Pokemon areas, I'm pretty sure I hit 100 posts in a day easily on several occasions.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Post count isn't particularly important to me, I don't think it says much about a member if you have a high post count, except that you've been at PC a while (Well it normally connotes that, but some members just post ~loads~)
    I used to pay loads of attention to post count mile stones because I'm such a noob, but not anymore... :x

Occasionally I'll go on a posting spree but normally I post when I post and never do it for the sole reason of including my post count.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    The only times I care about post count is when I reach a certain milestone. Like 100 > 500 > 1000 > 2000 > etc. Right now I don't care, because I just surpassed 3,000. But when I reach 3,995 or so, I'm might go on a posting spree to reach 4000 before I know it.

But overall, I don't really care that much. Posts are posts. xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    To be honest, I'm a bit proud of my post count because I got to a large amount within a short span of time. But now, I kind of don't really care.
    Generally, posts show how much a person contribute to the community, IMO.

I don't find how postcount is reliable in the sense about provinding a reflection on how much a person contributes to the community. You can still contribute quite a fair bit in one or two posts than to the likes 100 posts.

However this can apply to people who do obtain a large postcount for their time here, I mean it is possible, you can't judge the quality of someone's posts just because of their postcount. So what if they have 3,000 or so posts in a year or 250 in a week or something, unless their posts are spam, I find them to be still contributions and as valid as anyone else's who have a postcount 'suiting' their time here. Its like judging a book by its cover; you can't say that a book is going to be fantastic just because it has an attractive cover or boring because it's 5 inches thick. :x

Its all about the quality, no matter what way you look at it from.

Years
    I care about thee postcounr milestones like everry other member I guess. Who wouldn't like to have 1234 or 666 posts in their postbit? x]
    I do think it's a bit overr the top though when people seem to rise 500+ posts in the space of a week or people who have about a thousand posts and they've only been here for a month or so. It makes me wonder who their trying to impress because I don't think someone can be that interested in Pokémon xD

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Quality not quantity etc etc. Though I do remember what it was like to be new to forums when I was a kid and think that postcount is basically your "awesomeness meter"; I once ragequit a place after I accumulated nearly a thousand posts only for them to be erased in some freak glitch. Everyone goes through this phase, and it can actually have a positive result as becoming a habitual poster eventually forges relationships with other members that naturally force you to make better posts out of pure conversationalism. If you're a frivolous borderline spam poster, you'll eventually realize that you're not getting recognition in spite of your 99999999 post count.

I guess I cared about post count when I was newer at PC, but it stopped mattering after a few thousand posts, and I don't really believe that I ever actually posted for the sake of increasing my post count. It was just sometimes nice to see that I was making progress as a member of the community, as while your friendships are the ultimate indicator of your acceptance, post count is at least indicative of your activity level. I certainly don't think that my post count is doing me any particular favors now, other than maybe have people wonder why my count is so astronomically high when they don't recognize me and give my profile a glance (I do enjoy the occasional VM, hint hint!)

I wouldn't doubt that in my days of obsessive posting I may have hit 100 posts in a day. Back in the wonderfully, chaotically active days of the DCC it wasn't unusual for several members to come close to or exceed 1k posts in a single DCC, and I averaged anywhere between 500 and 1k posts per DCC in addition to my activity elsewhere. When Member Fanclubs existed they didn't add to postcount but were like mini-DCCs unto themselves, so between all of that, the secret mod lair, and places I used to haunt like the Pokemon areas, I'm pretty sure I hit 100 posts in a day easily on several occasions.
    LOL @ "awesomeness meter"

OT:
    I agree with Curious.
    Post count isn't a reliable way to tell that someone is contributing to the community at all.
    Posts like "I caught a pokemon today" or "Yea thats cool I agree" aren't contributing, in my opinion.

Especially when there are members who really contribute to the community, but have low posts due to posting in forums that don't count.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Holy crap Syd, when did you get to 14k. o_O

As for me I only really care about every thousand, in which I have this tradition I've had since 16,000 that I post every 1000th post in Black and White, with a little "16k" etc in size 1 at the bottom of the post. I do this so I can check (yet I never have) and see how active I've been since certain periods of time. I guess mainly because I'm concerned that sometimes I'm not active enough on PC. tbh I don't spend as much time here as I do on irc/PO so I feel like as a staff member I should at least have a consistent level of activity, sorta.

Also I was one of those who thought post count mattered in the sense of how people viewed you so I got 10,000 posts in a year and 5 months of joining. I also made really low quality posts early on aaand now I put thought into my posts, etc!

However, like Toujours I look at posts per day since that sorta dictates activity. And I search my statistics often to make sure I've made at least 25 posts within a two-day period to keep up activity.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    When it comes to myself, I am a post counter. I do care, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I like watching my post count rise and it makes me feel like a good active member to have it rise at a steady rate.

When it comes to others though, I try not to care too much. I do think that post count is a measure of a person's experience on the forum, but I also understand that it's not the only measure. I like to take into account post count in conjunction with join date - because either measure by itself is inconclusive. Also, I echo the call for quality over quantity. Sometimes you have new members who are immediately amazing and their post quality just supercedes anything else.

In short, there's no hard and fast rule for any of this stuff haha

For both myself and other people, the post itself is very important. If it's a long post, I won't read it unless there's clear paragraphs and formatting that make it easier to read. Spelling and grammar I do care greatly about in truth, though I try not to let it get to me too much because I understand that not everybody hear speaks English as a first language and also there are a variety of different ages here.

As for my record number of posts in a day, I would have no idea. But that's a great idea for something they could put in the 'statistics' part of our profiles if the coding were simple enough :P *knows nothing about coding*

That's the purpose of the Spam Thread in the Staff section, where staff members can spam all day long and bump up their post count to make them a more respectable member.

lmao what? Did somebody tell you that? If they did, they were taking advantage of your innocent nature, my friend :P

Back