• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A Better Battle? Taking Down Magma/Aqua Again

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
    Years
    With the new release coming out, is anyone besides me actually hoping that the antagonistic characters of the ORAS will be harder to face than their Ruby/Sapphire counterparts? And I don't just mean their leaders.

DwerbDude

Badass
    Years
    I hope they make the grunts a little tougher as well. Maybe if you lose to a grunt with a lv3 Poochyena, your save file and all you pokemon could get deleted (kidding)? I think that would make the game far more challenging than it currently is.

Years
    Well, if I remember correctly, there's already been info around showing that some of the Grunts will come at you in hordes - as in, the same encounter style as the XY horde battles. Assuming you aren't leading with something that has a full-area-effect move, those seem like they could get rough.

Given that Maxie and Archie will get mega evolutions for their respective flagship Pokémon, it already looks like we'll see a bump up in difficulty for both teams.

Years
    Provided they don't just use the same three Pokémon like they did in the original games, they might be more difficult to handle; Team Flare used a lot of different Pokémon in their lineups (Houndour, Zubat, Electrike, Scraggy, Gulpin, Liepard, Croagunk, among quite a few others) so they might make these teams a bit more versatile here, even if the Hoenn Dex is still only 200 like the first games.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've noticed from screenshots that some admins have less Pokémon than they did originally, and at one stage Maxie has 2 Pokémon where as Archie has 3. I don't know whether they've included more battles so that Team Magma/Aqua are more involved with the storyline, but I can't really see them making much of a difference in terms of levels/teams and difficulty.

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    I wouldn't mind everything being buffed. I would like more of a challenge when playing a CPU just like in Battle Maison.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe they're going to be any more difficult or easy, due to reasons stated above. In remakes, they usually keep things closely resembling to original games as much as possible, which is what they would likely do here.

Though, this is a bit off-topic, but I'd definitely like it (and I'm sure many others would, too) if there were a way for us to increase and decrease challenge level of the entire game at will from get-go. This would be sort of like the difficulty-setting feature from Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, but we won't have to unlock it; it'd be available right from start.

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
    Years
    Though, this is a bit off-topic, but I'd definitely like it (and I'm sure many others would, too) if there were a way for us to increase and decrease challenge level of the entire game at will from get-go. This would be sort of like the difficulty-setting feature from Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, but we won't have to unlock it; it'd be available right from start.

Definitely in on that one. With everything going on in the game anyway, It would be great to at least have a method for switching like that.

Back