• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been inactive for a bit. With that said, let's move on to the new topic.

There is currently only one Electric/Grass Pokémon (Rotom-Mow) in the series.

Design a new potential Electric/Grass Type. What will it look like? What moves will it have? Would it be obtainable early game or late game?

So I would most likely create a legendary Pokémon that would be obtainable late-game. I feel like there aren't enough grass or electric-type legendaries, so this is a perfect opportunity for me to come up with my own. I call it Carricordicorn, a giant unicorn with a carrot horn and electric power cables running off the side of it. It would mostly be a speed and special attack/defense-oriented Pokémon that is extremely rare. I even came up with a signature move for it:

Harvest's Wraith
    Power: 130 (to all opponents)
    PP: 5
    Move Type: Special
    Effects: This move hits all opponents and lowers your defense and special defense while sharply raising your special attack. There is also a 10% chance to inflict a random status effect on an opponent.

Well I hope you like this idea, despite the fact that the Pokémon I created is totally weird and random. Can't wait to see your ideas, talk to you later!

-Midnight

P.S. I forgot to mention that Carricordicorn's primary type is grass, while electric is its secondary. Just thought this might be important to know.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    No answer here yet, but popping by to let everyone know I'm very, very busy at the moment, and I'm not sure when things will calm down and I'll have time to actively participate in this club again. At the very most, it should be just over a month or two. Sorry.

Last edited:

DarkestMidnight

Years
    No answer here yet, but popping by to let everyone know I'm very, very busy at the moment, and I'm not sure when things will calm down and I'll have time to actively participate in this club again. At the very most, it should be just over a month or two. Sorry.

That's cool, I totally get it. Can't wait to see you back here soon :)

-Midnight

DarkestMidnight

Years
    Let's keep the momentum going, friends! I know I said I would let other people make new topics, but for the sake of keeping things moving, I'll make a new one.

NEW TOPIC:

What is your favorite grass-type combination? (i.e. grass and water)

Mine is grass and ghost because they're my two favorite types. I really don't have a better explanation than that, other than the fact that being partially ghost type benefits grass in some ways. It's mostly because they're my favorite types >.< don't judge lol.

Can't wait to see your thoughts on this, I'll get back with you soon.

-Midnight

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Hi everyone. I'm looking to join in on the fun here.

Nickname: Kyle, Rain
    Partner: let's go with Sunkern
    Reason: I'd like to participate more in some clubs here, and grass seemed like a great place to start seeing as it's my favorite type.
    Answer to topic: I think my favorite grass-type combination would have to be grass/flying. I get the impression when looking at grass-type designs that a lot of them look really light and could easily float on the wind, since many of them are literally just made of leaves.

Also @the above post. Grass/ghost is also quite cool because that combo is really cool in a haunted forest sort of way. I definitely loved the grass/ghost types introduced in Gen VI. I'd put that as my second favorite combination.

DarkestMidnight

Years
    Hi everyone. I'm looking to join in on the fun here.

Nickname: Kyle, Rain
    Partner: let's go with Sunkern
    Reason: I'd like to participate more in some clubs here, and grass seemed like a great place to start seeing as it's my favorite type.
    Answer to topic: I think my favorite grass-type combination would have to be grass/flying. I get the impression when looking at grass-type designs that a lot of them look really light and could easily float on the wind, since many of them are literally just made of leaves.

Also @the above post. Grass/ghost is also quite cool because that combo is really cool in a haunted forest sort of way. I definitely loved the grass/ghost types introduced in Gen VI. I'd put that as my second favorite combination.

Hey there, welcome! I like your point about ghost/grass being cool in the sense of it being a creepy cool kind of combination. I think that grass/flying is a very useful combination as well. I like the idea of grass types being able to learn flying type moves to counter their weakness to bug.

Good to meet you, I hope you enjoy this club!

-Midnight

DarkestMidnight

Years
    I know I should keep to the topics and not talk about outside stuff, but I have a cool announcement. I just started the new ghost-type fan club, and just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to join.

Thanks,
    Midnight

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    Yeah, Grass/Flying is a good combo. I wish Hoppip was able to take advantage of its flying side more.

I also Grass/Ghost, mostly because Phantump is one of my fave pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Hey, all! Room for one more Grass enthusiast?

Nickname: Benermerut
    Partner: Budew
    Reason: Grass-type is my favourite. I always choose the Grass starter, in Alpha Sapphire I did a Grass only run, and I named my secret base team Team Flora. Also, I like coming up with moves and abilities etc, and since I'm obsessed they're usually Grass related and the topics here are often about that kind of thing.
    Answer to topic: My favourite Grass-type combination... Grass/Bug. Bug is another cool type, and a lot of real world bugs hide by looking like plants, so it's a natural combination. Plus, the three current Grass/Bug lines are all very distinct from each other design-wise.
    Not the best competitive typing, but I don't care so much about that side of things.

DarkestMidnight

Years
    Hey, all! Room for one more Grass enthusiast?

Nickname: Benermerut
    Partner: Budew
    Reason: Grass-type is my favourite. I always choose the Grass starter, in Alpha Sapphire I did a Grass only run, and I named my secret base team Team Flora. Also, I like coming up with moves and abilities etc, and since I'm obsessed they're usually Grass related and the topics here are often about that kind of thing.
    Answer to topic: My favourite Grass-type combination... Grass/Bug. Bug is another cool type, and a lot of real world bugs hide by looking like plants, so it's a natural combination. Plus, the three current Grass/Bug lines are all very distinct from each other design-wise.
    Not the best competitive typing, but I don't care so much about that side of things.

Hi again, I didn't see you already found your way here. Trust me, there's room for a lot more people here.

I like grass/bug as well, because it eliminates the grass weakness to bug. I agree that it's not the best competitive typing, but it's still very nice imo.

Once again, if you need help with anything, please feel free to ask me.

-Midnight

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Create a New Electric/Grass Type

There are numerous traditions in Pokémon games with one of them being a regional electric Rodent or 'Pikaclone'.

Name: Fieldon
    Type - Electric/Grass
    Appearance - An adorable pale yellow squirrel like Pokemon of a similar size to Emolga. It will have a green pattern on its back and tail of the same consistency and color of fresh Grass.
    Shiny Form - White with a darker green pattern.
    When obtainable - Early Game.
    Stats - Above average special attack with excellent speed but poor defences.
    Ability - Static, Lightning Rod or Overgrow (Hidden)
    Anything else - Similar to Pikachu, it will be able to use the Light Ball.

Similar to other Electric Rodents Fieldon may not be a competitively viable Pokémon but will be an adorably cute addition I feel if we were to ever get an Electric/Grass Type Electric Rodent.

Spoiler:

[color]Favourite Dual Type[/color]

In my Monotypes two Grass/Poison Pokémon Vileplume and Roserade keep making it in my teams. Poison type Pokemon are by and large Pokémon I Don't use with the only Poison types I ever tend to use being Grass/Poison Types like the aforementioned two and of course Venusaur.

The Poison typing makes it so they are Immune to being poisoned and gives them access to STAB Sludge Bomb, a very useful move particularly with the introduction of Fairy Types in Gen 6. 100% accuracy Toxic is also very welcome.

Whilst gaining a weakness to Psychic moves is not ideal Grass/Poison Types gain resistance to Fairy Type Moves as well as losing their Poison and Bug Type weakness.

Grass/Poison was a very popular type combination in Gen 1 with three lines having it (Bulbasaur line, Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Bellsprout line) with my favourite of the three being the Oddish Line especially the very useful Vileplume closely followed by the dependable Bulbasaur line.

Honourable mention - Grass/Fighting

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Welcome to the Club! :)

Whilst Sunkern is one of the few Grass Types I have not used extensively it does have a potentially interesting ability in Solar Power. I think it is also one of the few Grass Types to have access to Earth Power.

Grass/Flying is a fun typing and Jumpluff with its high speed and STAB Aerobatics can be dangerous if not prepared for. It is an adorable Pokemon too and I am fortunate enough to own a Shiny Pink one. Tropius is a Pokémon with potential but I feel it needs an Evolution to shine.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Welcome to the Club! :)

The Budew line is one of my favourite Grass/Type lines and Roserade was incredibly useful in my Grass Monotypes especially the move Weather Ball which gave her a move with three potential types (Ice, Water, Fire) depending on the weather. Roserade is also a very stylish Pokémon and whilst I always use a female one the masked dancer could fit a male too. Think something along the lines of Vega from Street Fighter.

Hoenn is the only region that I have not completed a Grass Monotype of yet but when I do I will have an excellent choice of Pokemon such as the Treecko line, Oddish Line, Ludicolo line and aforementioned Roserade line.

Grass/Bug is a typing that makes sense and in-game I have found Parasect and Leavanny to be good in-game Pokémon. Parasect gets access to the welcome move Spore whilst Leavanny can be obtained very early as it is a friendship evolution and has access to likes of X-Scissor and Swords Dance.

In my Unova (White) Monotype Leavanny was very useful with its Bug Type STAB especially in the early game and was one or the main members of my team until around the seventh Badge where it fell behind Lilligant and Sawsbuck.

Whilst the double 4X weakness (Fire/Flying) is far from ideal Grass/Bug can be a useful typing in the right circumstances.

DarkestMidnight

Years
    Oh hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been here for a while, I've been really busy this past week. To get a conversation started up again, I thought I'd start a new topic.

NEW TOPIC:

Which grass-type is better, Serperior or Sceptile?

This is a pretty specific one, but I was curious to see what you guys think. I personally like Sceptile better because it's always been my favorite grass-type. From a statistical standpoint, Sceptile's attack and special attack stats are higher than Serperior's. Serperior does have higher defense, special defense, and speed, however. Another reason I like Sceptile better is because it has a Mega Evolution, unlike Serperior. In this form, its speed stat does rise above Serperior's and it gains dragon typing as well, which makes Mega Sceptile the only grass/dragon-type.

Can't wait to see what you think, I'll talk to you later.

-Midnight

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    NEW TOPIC:

Which grass-type is better, Serperior or Sceptile?

I'll give you one guess to figure out what pokemon I think is better.

As Serperior is Snivy's evo, it keeps with that Snivy design of awesomeness, plus making it look graceful and majestic. I'm exited to see what they can come up with for its mega. We can only hope that it'll be as awesome as Sceptile's.

Sceptile was my first pokemon, so it gets nostalgia points, but it's not quite awesome enough to get the top position.

DarkestMidnight

Years
    I'll give you one guess to figure out what pokemon I think is better.

As Serperior is Snivy's evo, it keeps with that Snivy design of awesomeness, plus making it look graceful and majestic. I'm exited to see what they can come up with for its mega. We can only hope that it'll be as awesome as Sceptile's.

Sceptile was my first pokemon, so it gets nostalgia points, but it's not quite awesome enough to get the top position.

I literally said to myself "Well I know what Solar's gonna say" as I was typing this up. ^.^ I picked Snivy as my starter in White, so I definitely like it too. However, as I stated before, I think Sceptile wins in terms of its stats. I would love to see a Mega Serperior in Sun/Moon, I might change my opinion on this if its cool enough.

Well, I'm glad to hear your opinion, even though I kinda knew what you were going to say lol. I'll talk to you soon, thanks for participating!

-Midnight

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Serperior or Sceptile? ouch. both are my favorite grass type starters.
    I'll go with Serperior,mostly because I loved it right away. I love Sceptile but I only like it since last year. When I first played third gen, I didn't really liked Treecko.

Killua

I honestly prefer Sceptile, but for online Serperior is definitely better.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    We are now on over 450 posts in this club. :)

Answer to topic - Sceptile or Serperior. Which do you prefer?

Sceptile is my favourite Grass Starter and is used in every playthrough where it is able. It is the fastest Grass Type and can be used as both a Physical or Special Attacker. He also gets a part Dragon Mega and has the best Grass Shiny Colour Scheme in the game. As well as appearing on every Hoenn playthrough and was a key player in my Grass Tournament winning PWT team. :)

Serperior has a solid design and a good Hidden Ability in Contrary. However it has never really served me well in games. In my recent White Monotype he fell behind Lilligant and Sawsbuck in the pecking order fast and by the Elite Four was just a body. Whilst not necessarily important his Shiny Form is underwhelming and for me is worse than his normal colouration.

I'll keep the Sceptile/Serperior topic open as a sub topic but I think it is time for a new topic. It's a topic we had when I first took over but with so many new members I feel it is worth revisiting.

Create a new Trainer class for the Grass Type.

What would they look like? What gender would they be? What Pokémon would they use?

DarkestMidnight

Years
    Create a new Trainer class for Grass Type.

Okay, well I'd make a witch-doctor/herbologist trainer class. Naturally, the trainer would be dressed as a witch-doctor and would most likely be found in caves or ruins. I've always wanted a trainer like this, maybe even a gym leader with these characteristics. I would also give them two general personalities; cocky or sage.

I'm actually really excited to see what other people can think up, because I honestly couldn't think of much for this. Anyways, thanks for putting up this new topic, it was really creative and interesting to me. See you around.

-Midnight

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I'd say maybe some kind of druid. That'd be pretty interesting I think, and something that hasn't really been in the games so far. Old people with flowing green robes and lots of pokémon like Carnivine and Tangrowth. Maybe they could be found deep in forests in overgrown areas or something.

I like this idea, actually. Might have to implement it into my fangame.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Create a new Trainer class for the Grass Type.

What would they look like? What gender would they be? What Pokémon would they use?

Huh...
    I like the druid idea!
    I think I'll create a Farmer! His Pokemon are gonna be like Tropius, Jumpluff, Shroomish, Cherrim, Pumkaboo, Paras...

Wait, is there already a Farmer trainer?

Back