• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Now that you've mentioned it, Dragons did become weaker because of the fairy type.

I wish the other Grass Starters would get nice Mega designs, too.

Thanks! I'll have Turtwig as my 2nd Pokemon.

Everything is updated for you. :)

I think Torterra will get a Mega in the inevitable Sinnoh remakes...Chesnaught may well get one in Z. I can see both Megas being Behemoths among Pokemon. I can see Mega Chesnaught looking like the X-men Juggernaut somewhat.

I will be making notes on post counts and number of likes for the Scenario Campaign. If you do not wish for a Pokémon to be evolved (Say you prefer Bulbasaur to his evolved forms) please let me know. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2015
    Ohh, I prefer Cottonee to stay unevolved for the meantime.

It would be funny if Chesnaught did ended up looking like Juggernaut. It's clever but I hope they pull it off well haha

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Ohh, I prefer Cottonee to stay unevolved for the meantime.

It would be funny if Chesnaught did ended up looking like Juggernaut. It's clever but I hope they pull it off well haha

Ok that has been done for you. :)

I think it would be a logical looking Mega. They obviously can't go too close for Copyright reasons but I can imagine Mega Chesnaught being one of the hardest hitters in the game.

Which Grass Type were you initially not a fan of that you like/love now?

What was it that initially made you dislike the Pokemon and what made you warm to it?

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    Sorry it's been so long! School and such has kept me reeeaaally busy!

Anyway, onto the topic. I actually used to dislike... actually, I haven't really found any Grass types that I dislike that I've grown to like. When I first see one, I either like it or I don't, and so far that hasn't changed...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Which Grass Type were you initially not a fan of that you like/love now?

What was it that initially made you dislike the Pokemon and what made you warm to it?
    Grass type Pokemon
    The Snover line. The typing the Speed made the whole Snover line undesirable. But that illusion proved to be wrong, at least on the gaming side; it proved to be very handy!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Grass type Pokemon
    The Snover line. The typing the Speed made the whole Snover line undesirable. But that illusion proved to be wrong, at least on the gaming side; it proved to be very handy!

I have never used the Snover line mainly because I am not a big fan of Abomasnow's design either normal or Mega. It is a nice touch that their normal forms have gender differences though.

Which Grass-type Pokémon did you initially dislike but like/love now?

I have a couple of answers to this one. One of them is the Tangela line.

In Gen 1 Tangela was a Pokémon that didn't evolve and you didn't get until late in the game which by that point I already had a Grass Type in my team. Whilst I thought the Vine Pokemon was cute, he had no place on my team due to how late he was obtained.

That changed when he received an evolution in Tangrowth. Tangrowth has some much welcome bulk and whilst I am not crazy about the design it is a very useful Pokemon which often finds a place on my team.

The other answer is Lilligant. When I first saw Lilligant I saw it as a Bellossom Expy and in my initial Unova runs caught it and its unevolved forms only for Pokedex Completion purposes.

However this all changed when I actually used the Grass Princess in the post game. Not only does she learn the very welcome Sleep Powder (It's version Counterpart Whimsicott does not) she learns fun moves like Teeter Dance, Quiver Dance and Petal Dance. Combined with an 'Own Tempo' Ability (Chlorophyll is also useful) Lilligant has helped me through many battles and is the star of my current Grass Monotype.

She is also a lot of fun to play with in Pokémon Amie and Lilligant who I initially wrote off as a lazy copy is now one of my favourite Pokémon. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    A new side topic until our Florist creates a new topic (yeah Florist that is the Grass Club owner's title and for some reason I still have that from the member list. :P )

Which was that Pokémon that ultimately decided you're in for the Grass-type?
    For me that was Roselia, but she wasn't my official Grass-type signature. That Grass-signature place once belonged to Vileplume (in Gen III) instead, as Vileplume's base stat is better than Roselia. But when Roserade made her appearance, I was like 'she is soooo going to be my Grass mascot' and she is still there to this day. :)

While I love the Lotad line a lot and it's one of my must use from most Hoenn playthroughs, I was attracted to it as a Water-type. It is clearly a Grass-type and I even gave it Grass-moves. But he wasn't the reason why I decided to explore the green grass , he contributed nothing for the Grass love Lol.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:

I thought 'Florist' was your nickname in this club hence why I left it there. It is fixed now however. :)

What was that Pokémon that ultimately decided you were in for the Grass-type?

It is tough to say what Pokémon actually made me love the Grass-type as I always have one in my team and the list of Grass-type that I love is a long one.

I think I started loving Grass Types in Gen 3 however when I picked Treecko.

The Wood Gecko Pokémon was the first Grass Starter I had chosen and was the linchpin of my team and in the remakes I always pick him as Starter and when available have a Sceptile on my team.

My Sapphire playthrough also marked the first time I had numerous Grass Types on my Game Team as I received an Oddish from a friend and evolved it all the way to a Vileplume and breeded him so I could have a female Bellossom as well. :)

New Topic will be up later today.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Spoiler:

I thought 'Florist' was your nickname in this club hence why I left it there. It is fixed now however. :)

What was that Pokémon that ultimately decided you were in for the Grass-type?

It is tough to say what Pokémon actually made me love the Grass-type as I always have one in my team and the list of Grass-type that I love is a long one.

I think I started loving Grass Types in Gen 3 however when I picked Treecko.

The Wood Gecko Pokémon was the first Grass Starter I had chosen and was the linchpin of my team and in the remakes I always pick him as Starter and when available have a Sceptile on my team.

My Sapphire playthrough also marked the first time I had numerous Grass Types on my Game Team as I received an Oddish from a friend and evolved it all the way to a Vileplume and breeded him so I could have a female Bellossom as well. :)

New Topic will be up later today.

Woah, I'm actually expecting Bulbasaur and/or any Grasses that is owned by Erika. No wonder the Treecko line is that special for you. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Woah, I'm actually expecting Bulbasaur and/or any Grasses that is owned by Erika. No wonder the Treecko line is that special for you. :)

Considering how much I like her now it us surprising that I didn't like Erika much when I first played Gen 1. I was on Blue which meant I couldn't use the excellence that is Vileplume.

I used Bulbasaur in Yellow and Leaf Green and he was a lot of fun to use. He is one of my favourite Grass Types and is fun to play with in Pokémon Amie. :)

Of course I used the Bulbasaur line and Vileplume in my recent Red Monotype run. :) Both were incredibly useful and I had no roadblocks halting my progress. Both Pokémon dealt with everything the game could throw at me. :)

Very true about the Treecko line and myself. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Considering how much I like her now it us surprising that I didn't like Erika much when I first played Gen 1. I was on Blue which meant I couldn't use the excellence that is Vileplume.

I used Bulbasaur in Yellow and Leaf Green and he was a lot of fun to use. He is one of my favourite Grass Types and is fun to play with in Pokémon Amie. :)

Of course I used the Bulbasaur line and Vileplume in my recent Red Monotype run. :) Both were incredibly useful and I had no roadblocks halting my progress. Both Pokémon dealt with everything the game could throw at me. :)

Very true about the Treecko line and myself. :)

No love for the Bellsprout line in Blue? :'(

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    No love for the Bellsprout line in Blue? :'(

I used the Bellsprout line in Blue and Victreebell made it into my Hall of Fame Team. It was very useful particularly with Wrap being broken in Gen 1 and Sleep Powder having the effect of the awaking Pokemon being able to do nothing that turn if they wake up...meaning you can put the opposing Pokemon straight to sleep again.

I like Victreebell's design and Bellsprout is a solid design as well as getting nostalgia points. I have never been a fan of Weepinbell's design however.

Grass has few Legendaries (Celebi, Shaymin's two forms and Virizion). If you were to design your own Grass Type Legendary what would it look like?

Would it be dual Type? Would it be a mutated form of an existing Pokemon? Will it be the counterpart to an existing Legendary? What would be its place in the Pokemon Universe?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Grass has few Legendaries (Celebi, Shaymin's two forms and Virizion). If you were to design your own Grass Type Legendary what would it look like?

Would it be dual Type? Would it be a mutated form of an existing Pokemon? Will it be the counterpart to an existing Legendary? What would be its place in the Pokemon Universe?

I say something that resembles Celebi -- a pixie Grass-type? It should be a Grass/Fairy-type Pokémon and has a chaos form with the typing of Poison/Fairy, as a reference to pollution. It has the role of purifying forests which is slightly similar to Celebi. The reason why she turns into a Poison/Fairy, the toxins are overwhelming for her. How do you change her form? She must be inflicted with the Poison status problem one needs to heal her in order to revert her back.

As a Grass/Fairy she protects her Grass allies from super effective moves, meaning her Ability nullifies Poison, Fire, Ice, Bug and Flying-type offensive moves. As a Poison/Fairy, all of her offensive Poison-type moves are boosted for x2. Additionally her Poison-type moves are able to bypass any weaknesses and immunity; she is able to hit Rock-types, Poison-types, Steel-types, Ghost-types and Ground-types.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:

I really like this idea. I particularly like the idea of its chaos form where it becomes part Poison type and darker. :)

The abilities of the two forms I like a lot too as the Grass form helps protect her Grass Type allies fitting her role of a Guardian of sorts of the forest. Making her Grass Type allies immune to five types might be somewhat overpowered but I could see a Legendary Grass-type Pokémon having an ability which makes 4 types 'not very effective' with it being immune to flying as it can swoop in and protect it's allies from birds.

The Poison types ability is effective as it helps combat it's weaknesses particularly Steel which is immune to Poison. I really like the image of a Dark Fairy too, I am thinking it would be Purple or Black.

On a related note to Celebi, whilst it seems to be an unwritten rule that Legendary types have their typing left alone she really should be Grass/Fairy as she looks more like a Fairy than almost all Pokemon including many Fairy Types.

It may seem like a pipe-dream I really hope there is another Celebi event soon or better make it a regular catchable legendary. It's popularity is hampered a little by it not being readily accessible. The same could be said for Shaymin.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Spoiler:

I really like this idea. I particularly like the idea of its chaos form where it becomes part Poison type and darker. :)

The abilities of the two forms I like a lot too as the Grass form helps protect her Grass Type allies fitting her role of a Guardian of sorts of the forest. Making her Grass Type allies immune to five types might be somewhat overpowered but I could see a Legendary Grass-type Pokémon having an ability which makes 4 types 'not very effective' with it being immune to flying as it can swoop in and protect it's allies from birds.

The Poison types ability is effective as it helps combat it's weaknesses particularly Steel which is immune to Poison. I really like the image of a Dark Fairy too, I am thinking it would be Purple or Black.

On a related note to Celebi, whilst it seems to be an unwritten rule that Legendary types have their typing left alone she really should be Grass/Fairy as she looks more like a Fairy than almost all Pokemon including many Fairy Types.

It may seem like a pipe-dream I really hope there is another Celebi event soon or better make it a regular catchable legendary. It's popularity is hampered a little by it not being readily accessible. The same could be said for Shaymin.

Yes and I actually had the thought of her becoming a Poison/Dark, but then I realize that she didn't turn to the dark side. It's just that the toxin got the best of her, meaning she has no 'evil side'.

I would like to add a few things on our Grass/Fairy. She protects only pure Grasses to the maximum, as for dual types like Breloom, the mushroom is only immunized from Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison. Bug-type which is originally a pure Grass Pokémon's weakness still hits Breloom, due to the neutralization from its Fighting typing. While Fairy, Psychic moves are not immunized either, since the said types are not a pure Grass Pokémon's weaknesses to begin with.

Additionally, the legendary herself is still affected by her weaknesses. This is to allude her Fairy-typing, as Fairies in games are mostly seen as the supporters and clerics, with a few obvious exceptions like Azumarill and Granbull, who are all out attackers.

You might have noticed that Poison-types cannot be inflicted with the poison status problem. So there's a contradiction of her becoming a Poison-type yet still being harmed by the said problem. This is because she isn't a Poison-type to begin with, she still has that Grass/Fairy in her. That is why it is normal for her to get harmed, it's like the toxins attacking her core if you put it in a brutal sounding way.

Exactly, I noticed that Legendary Pokémon aren't retconned. I'm totally agreeing with the hidden rule thing. Let's just hope they'll create a Mega Celebi and give her a Grass/Fairy typing to compensate. In a similar way how Mewtwo got his 'type change'. :)

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:

Poison types being immune to Poison is a welcome bonus for the likes of Roserade, Venusaur and Vileplume.

The new Legendary only being able to protect pure Grass Types to the fullest makes a lot of sense as she is the protector of the Forest and would be a welcome bonus for the likes of Meganium. :)

It's corrupted form being affected by Poison is a nice touch and I agree that Mega Celebi should be Grass/Fairy.

Create a Grass Legendary

Pokemon Name - Forestanian (The Great Tree Pokemon)

Type - Grass/Dark

Ability - Evergreen -This Pokémon is immune to Fire, Ice and Flying Moves.

Evolutions - This Pokémon is not known to evolve from or into any Pokémon.

Location - Sinnoh

Pokedex Entry - Previously thought to be nothing more than a Fairy story to scare children, this giant Pokemon is regarded as the Guardian of the Forest. This Grand Pokemon only engages with those who understand Nature and despite its imposing appearance is a benevolent Pokémon.

Story Lore - Gardenia recalls being saved by a group of sentient trees (Which are actually Trevenant) by this Pokémon when she was a child but does not recall this until Professor Sycamore gives her a Trevenant which inadvertently jogs her memory. In a post-game quest your character travels with Gardenia to the spot she recalls.

Gardenia points to the Pokemon and talks to it and the giant Pokemon remembers her...but the Pokemon will indicate that you must leave and will not battle you unless you have a Level 100 Grass Type in your party.

Strengths - Incredibly high HP and Defense with high Attack and Special Attack.

Weaknesses - Low speed.

Special move - Forests Judgement - Physical Grass Type move with 140 power and 100 Accuracy.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Wow that's hella awesome! I'm guessing if it's related with Trevenant is some way. :)

Yes. The created Legendary is a largely Good Pokemon whilst Trevenant are somewhat evil to me. If the Trevenant act too cruel particularly towards people Forestanian is able to bring them to heel.

Forestanian also helps explain Gardenia's fear of Ghost Types and gives welcome character development.

There are some amazing Grass-type Shinys such as the Treecko line but many Shinys are unimpressive and are either a very slightly different shade of green or even brown such as the Cacnea line.

Create your own Grass-type Shiny. If you wish you can also give reasons why the Pokémon has the Shiny Pallette you have chosen?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yes. The created Legendary is a largely Good Pokemon whilst Trevenant are somewhat evil to me. If the Trevenant act too cruel particularly towards people Forestanian is able to bring them to heel.

Forestanian also helps explain Gardenia's fear of Ghost Types and gives welcome character development.

There are some amazing Grass-type Shinys such as the Treecko line but many Shinys are unimpressive and are either a very slightly different shade of green or even brown such as the Cacnea line.

Create your own Grass-type Shiny. If you wish you can also give reasons why the Pokémon has the Shiny Pallette you have chosen?
    I'm contented with the coloration of Shiny Roserade, but I believe it would be great if she has a black hair, a teal mask and cape. I love the purple bouquet so I'll keep that. While the another one should be pink or white! ^^

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I'm contented with the coloration of Shiny Roserade, but I believe it would be great if she has a black hair, a teal mask and cape. I love the purple bouquet so I'll keep that. While the another one should be pink or white! ^^

I really like the idea of a Roserade with Black hair and a teal cape as you describe. Teal can look great on Shiny Pokémon (Such as Horsea). The idea of a Pink or a white Rose makes a lot of sense too as pink and Purple go together and 'white Roses' are popular. :)

My alternative Shiny Coloration is my favourite Grass-type at the moment. Lilligant Lilligant's current Shiny colouration is solid but somewhat underwhelming.

There is no rule saying Grass Pokémon have to be Grass Type colours (See Virizion or Celebi) so I think Lilligant's Shiny colouration should consist of a golden yellow 'dress' with the parts coloured blue in the Shiny being white, keeping the face white, turning her eyes blue and the flower on her head to be either blue or rose red.

The long Leaf 'hair' she has could be coloured blonde or brown making her look more like a Grass Princess, if it was Brown it would bear a little resemblance to Princess Daisy of the Mario Series, of course another huge Nintendo Franchise.

A pink 'dress' on Lilligant could work too but I prefer the idea of a yellow one. Maybe the arms could even be white to match her face.

Reactions: Sun
    Back