• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    I'm watching it live using this KeyHoleTV program, and they just finished the episode. Now, it's something involving two rocks and two pens. =/

EDIT: It's on Mystery Dungeon stuff right now.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    I new this was coming out sooner or later. Somebody probably already mentioned this but I knew there was a gonna be a GSC remake when I noticed how many times Johto was referred to; Prof. Elm was mentioned and Jasmine was in the game also.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    It's official: they've revealed the logos! And a Fall release date, along with Sugimori artwork of Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. And gameplay videos! Walking around New Bark, and Chikorita's following the player? I can't really tell.

EDIT: Just one gameplay video of New Bark, really. Couldn't see much else since my stream keeps breaking up, but after it, they went on to talk about the next D/P episode.

Last edited:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    The new Sugimori work for the starters look great, and now it looks like your starters can follow you like in Yellow version.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    From Serebii: Edit: They showed the first details of the game. We shall have screenshots up shortly.

Yay for screenshots!

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Well, the gameplay vid looked nice. And chikorita following the trainer looks promising.
    And I <3 the art!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would like to see some more interesting storylines in the game. That and some more "action" into the mean character.

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Here's a question to answer that question: Why would you want to expect something new out of a remake? Sure, maybe you'd want some new additional things added every here and there, but when you really see the game for what it is, you just want to experience a whole new game for the awesomeness that it was before. This doesn't mean that I don't want to see anything new in it; it'd be awesome to see new things implemented into the game, so long as it doesn't affect the feel of it.

The site itself says that there will be some new-to-the-series features. It is indeed a remake, but that doesn't mean that Gamefreak will leave it exactly as it was. A lot has changed in the past decade, and they'll want to catch Johto up.

Also, I personally would be bored playing through the EXACT same game with no little surprises thrown in. They won't compromise the nostalgia that the game will bring to old fans.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would also like to see some stronger gym leaders and elite members. Make the games a tad more challenging than the older versions, and that would be neat.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Knowing Nintendo, though, they'll probably make a Crystal Remake a year or two after the Gold/Silver Remake is released. It'll probably be called Aura Crystal or something! :P
    Kind of catchy~

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Knowing Nintendo, though, they'll probably make a Crystal Remake a year or two after the Gold/Silver Remake is released. It'll probably be called Aura Crystal or something! :P
    Kind of catchy~

I highly doubt that as Yellow never had a remake but Red and Blue did.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    There definitely won't be a Crystal remake. There wasn't a Yellow for Fr/Lg, so there is no reason to expect one or even want one this time around. It would almost be overdoing it if they did remake Crystal. I would definitely prefer a great 5th gen game over that.

The Red Chain

Despite no Yellow remake they definitely made it up to us by the starters following you in HGSS.

There is no reason to remake Crystal..
    I'm pretty sure they will give us the option to be a girl [unless they seriously wanna redefine the term 'remake], and they may animate the Pokemon in battle as well.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That does remind me, will we be able to catch Suicune? I am pretty sure they might add a storyline to where you could catch it, along with the other two, Entei and Raikou.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    So they've finally done it.
    They've made the best pokemon game ever.
    Pokemon Yellow + Pokemon G/S Nostalgia = Auto win.

I love the footage. I didn't get any shots up, so I hope this will
    suffice...

Wow, now that's a ghetto way to hide the sound from sneak-peekers;
    blasting your voice to maximum volume so it seems like the music is
    coming from a whismur to being non-existent. Judging by the few milliseconds
    of music, I seriously preferred the bleeps and bloops.. so much more nostalgic.
    I hope they at least keep the tunes the same, that way it'll be a futuristic-memory.

NEW In this video:
    - Said before, but the pokemon follows. Apparently, Chikorita takes more steps than you do.
    - Wind blowing ftw.
    - Music
    - better look at the houses. So 3D now :O

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back