• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I actually want to buy Platinum now instead of playing it as a ROM...
    Back to GSC then, if they did a remake do you think Kanto would be in or just a Johto remake?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    It would not be a true remake if they don't include Kanto. But for size wise, it would be easier to include Johto only. New ROMs are 30 something MegaBytes. And that is just one region. R/B/Y are only a MB, and G/S/C are two. Granted the graphics are also better, but It took duble the size for the extra region. So that would push a remake over 60MB for one game cartrage.

I know they make 32GB SD cards, so they have the technolgy. But It still rises question in my mind: How long whould it take to make it? And how much is the extra stuff going to coust us? Does the DS suppport bigger cartrages? Whould it be worth the wait untill the next handheld?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Lets look at some hints real quick.

Platinum releasing before TGS (Toyko Game Show). This gives you the ability to promote Platinum at the biggest gaming event in Asia. What better way to increase Platinum sales during Christmas then by showing off a GSC remake that interconnects with your new Platinum.

Rumors have been flying around the net of a new DS remake. This could be revealed at TGS also and would probably launch around Q2. So what better way to release a new DS then by coupling it with a Pokemon remake of GSC.

If everything lives up to be true with Platinum and there are indeed no Legendary Dogs then we have to assume that Gamefreak is already working on the GSC remake. Adding the 1st Gen and 3rd Gen trios and not adding the 2nd Gen makes no sense. You cannot assume that Nintendo wants more copies of the 3rd gen games sold. Yes that is good for them, but promoting the DS is the most important marketing strategy. Therefore making all Pokemon obtainable via DS games is the logical conclusion.

Copied from the serebii forums member. It is good enough reasons no?

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    They Should Make a Remake...It would be very cool! and..i bet they will..

Buoysel

Years

Platinum releasing before TGS (Toyko Game Show). This gives you the ability to promote Platinum at the biggest gaming event in Asia. What better way to increase Platinum sales during Christmas then by showing off a GSC remake that interconnects with your new Platinum.

Rumors have been flying around the net of a new DS remake. This could be revealed at TGS also and would probably launch around Q2. So what better way to release a new DS then by coupling it with a Pokemon remake of GSC.

If everything lives up to be true with Platinum and there are indeed no Legendary Dogs then we have to assume that Gamefreak is already working on the GSC remake. Adding the 1st Gen and 3rd Gen trios and not adding the 2nd Gen makes no sense. You cannot assume that Nintendo wants more copies of the 3rd gen games sold. Yes that is good for them, but promoting the DS is the most important marketing strategy. Therefore making all Pokemon obtainable via DS games is the logical conclusion.

That's a very good point.

I so need to learn Japanese. I am gong to be so disappointed when they say the Jap version is going to be released 3 or more months before the English ver.

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
    The 3rd generation games are not being made anymore, so new fans would be able to obtain most Pokemon. However, a Hoenn remake might be in Generation V.

i will commit suicide if there is not g/s remake by june 25 2012. if its been anccouned then i wont :D

o.o rly? Besides, if you're getting bored waiting, try Zel's, if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    i will commit suicide if there is not g/s remake by june 25 2012. if its been anccouned then i wont :D

Oh... well Im sure you will be missed by your mother. Just dont hold your breath.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    It would not be a true remake if they don't include Kanto. But for size wise, it would be easier to include Johto only. New ROMs are 30 something MegaBytes. And that is just one region. R/B/Y are only a MB, and G/S/C are two. Granted the graphics are also better, but It took duble the size for the extra region. So that would push a remake over 60MB for one game cartrage.

I know they make 32GB SD cards, so they have the technolgy. But It still rises question in my mind: How long whould it take to make it? And how much is the extra stuff going to coust us? Does the DS suppport bigger cartrages? Whould it be worth the wait untill the next handheld?

I hate to burst your intelligent bubble you had going, but actually, they go as large as 128MB. DS game shells go as follow: 8 mb 16mb, 32 mb, 64mb, 128mb. they dont necessarily use all of the space, but thats the ROM's shell. Platinum uses a 128mb shell. that means it uses AT LEAST 64mb. Upon trimming off the part of the ROM with no data on it and no place holders for wifi info, it comes to 100mb almost exactly

Buoysel

Years
    I hate to burst your intelligent bubble you had going, but actually, they go as large as 128MB. DS game shells go as follow: 8 mb 16mb, 32 mb, 64mb, 128mb. they dont necessarily use all of the space, but thats the ROM's shell. Platinum uses a 128mb shell. that means it uses AT LEAST 64mb. Upon trimming off the part of the ROM with no data on it and no place holders for wifi info, it comes to 100mb almost exactly

I was just going off of the ROMs I have on my computer

^ Didn't really say that, for legal reasons.

Buoysel

Years
    Thanks for understanding, and being nice about it. You would not believe how many people go belligerent over nothing. (trust me, There are a lot, I work in retail.)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Acually if nintendo wanted to they could always up the ante and bring the memory to 256. Why? Cause the more memory the more coverage of johto! And its sensible.

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    well right now people in japan are looking to pokemon platinum...........
    but including the 1st and third generation trio pokemon without the second......
    IT could be theat nintendo is remaking it, that platinum already has it in the game, or that we have to catch it in the old games.
    anyway, we might have to wait for a long time before a g/s remake so .....
    But I would be mad if nintend left those easter eggs at diamond and pearl but only to find out that they are not remaking g/s.......

.Nighthawk.

guardian of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    what is the chances of this ? if it is going to be anytime soon we would know because platinum would connect to it

Buoysel

Years
    what is the chances of this ? if it is going to be anytime soon we would know because platinum would connect to it

Diamond and Pearl have Johto data in them (supposedly), see images:

A G/S Remake?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the absence of the johto trio in Platinum suggests an alternative way to get them which to me is a GSC remake.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

You always make my day... Thanks for the news...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back