• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
  • Are you kidding me? You're putting down GSC Because of a fat cow? Jeez, next people will be blaming trees for global warming. -_-'

GSC Was the golden age. It simply just is and always will be. No other game ever had the same feeling of it. Everything was so brand new! Sure in ruby and sapphire everything was brand new too, but the music wasn't the same, the tiles didn't have that kindergarten crayola feel, there was no day and night.. The only part (honestly..) that I liked of the RSE Era was diving. I loved the music, I loved how everything was so underwater themed.. But the rest was just bleh.. Some parts of that era was pretty unique. D/P Got closer to the GSC side, but it still didn't have the same feel.

If they ever do make a GSC Remake, hopefully they won't change anything.. It'll ruin it.. Everything in GSC Was so brand new, fresh. Berries, Moo Moo Milk (OMG), Light House (One of the best parts), Gym with only a gym leader and no extra trainers, going back to the new kanto, battling that calvin dude or whatever who had all three starter evolutions, Bug catching contest, Two-Pokemon daycare, eggs, BEAUTIFULLY AMAZING MUSIC, Very plain and simple but amazingly awesome pokemon (SUICUNE, RAIKOU, ENTEI, AND LUGIA AND HO-OH FTWW)..

GSC Was prime time. I'm guessing they were planning to do the same thing for every pokemon game, where you can go back to hte previous regions, but seeing as the work would keep mounting and the release dates would keep stretching, they decided to end it..

Johto was just the best, plain and simple. The animé was even better in Johto, if I must say.. OH and don't forget - FIRST GIRL CHARACTER!!

Ahh, those were the good times, Day Light Saving time, that ugly red kid who's giovanni's son or whatever, and he stole those pokemon from the lab, and Mr.Pokemon.. Those were the good ole days, when your mom completely forgot to give you your running shoes so you had to walk through your whole journey unless you get a bike. : )

Oh also, about that picture, perhaps it was probably just an event thing where it only said johto or something? That's pretty odd. it's either hacked, fluke, or event..

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What do you two say about this?
    A G/S Remake?

credit: bulbapedia

Oh, I never noticed the arrived before. That only comes up from PalPark tansfers so that sucks. But this only shows that the Johto data is embedded and can be modified by PokeSav aswell as the Apparently Met at and the Arrived can be modified

Years
  • Are you kidding me? You're putting down GSC Because of a fat cow? Jeez, next people will be blaming trees for global warming. -_-'

GSC Was the golden age. It simply just is and always will be. No other game ever had the same feeling of it. Everything was so brand new! Sure in ruby and sapphire everything was brand new too, but the music wasn't the same, the tiles didn't have that kindergarten crayola feel, there was no day and night.. The only part (honestly..) that I liked of the RSE Era was diving. I loved the music, I loved how everything was so underwater themed.. But the rest was just bleh.. Some parts of that era was pretty unique. D/P Got closer to the GSC side, but it still didn't have the same feel.

If they ever do make a GSC Remake, hopefully they won't change anything.. It'll ruin it.. Everything in GSC Was so brand new, fresh. Berries, Moo Moo Milk (OMG), Light House (One of the best parts), Gym with only a gym leader and no extra trainers, going back to the new kanto, battling that calvin dude or whatever who had all three starter evolutions, Bug catching contest, Two-Pokemon daycare, eggs, BEAUTIFULLY AMAZING MUSIC, Very plain and simple but amazingly awesome pokemon (SUICUNE, RAIKOU, ENTEI, AND LUGIA AND HO-OH FTWW)..

GSC Was prime time. I'm guessing they were planning to do the same thing for every pokemon game, where you can go back to hte previous regions, but seeing as the work would keep mounting and the release dates would keep stretching, they decided to end it..

Johto was just the best, plain and simple. The animé was even better in Johto, if I must say.. OH and don't forget - FIRST GIRL CHARACTER!!

Ahh, those were the good times, Day Light Saving time, that ugly red kid who's giovanni's son or whatever, and he stole those pokemon from the lab, and Mr.Pokemon.. Those were the good ole days, when your mom completely forgot to give you your running shoes so you had to walk through your whole journey unless you get a bike. : )

Oh also, about that picture, perhaps it was probably just an event thing where it only said johto or something? That's pretty odd. it's either hacked, fluke, or event..

i agrree with you to i bought crystal last month and it is fantastic i love it im currently in vermillion city!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Are you kidding me? You're putting down GSC Because of a fat cow? Jeez, next people will be blaming trees for global warming. -_-'

Oh damn boo! I love what you said!! I'll also like the money saving system... ^^

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Oh damn boo! I love what you said!! I'll also like the money saving system... ^^
    Oh god, that money saving helped me out so many times.

Something I would like to see on a new game is the option of using voice commands in the battling setting. "use tackle"

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh god, that money saving helped me out so many times.

Something I would like to see on a new game is the option of using voice commands in the battling setting. "use tackle"

That would piss me of if it did another attack other han what I told it to do so this we can do without honey.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    That's interesting, but I would prefer the old style battle setting, 'cause everyone's pronunciation is different...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • That would piss me of if it did another attack other han what I told it to do so this we can do without honey.

I can see it now:
    "AH SOB I TOLD YOU TO USE HYPER BEAM, NOT SAND ATACK!!!"

I see what you mean, but ya got to admit, it would be pretty cool, don't you think?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I can see it now:

I see what you mean, but ya got to admit, it would be pretty cool, don't you think
    I have to disagree you this time... I wouldn't want everyone staring me when I shout commands...

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • This would make the developing too long...you know how many attacks are programmed in those games? You know that the games are translated from Japanese in English, German, French, Italian (and maybe more)...

Also it's a bad idea in my opionion...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I can see it now:

I see what you mean, but ya got to admit, it would be pretty cool, don't you think?

This doesnt even really have relevance to remakes either. Anyway If remakes were made I look forward to the Bug Catching Contests! I did them all the time. I wonder if they would update it because the only things I remember catching were Beedrill, Scyther and Pinsir.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    This would make the developing too long...you know how many attacks are programmed in those games? You know that the games are translated from Japanese in English, German, French, Italian (and maybe more)...

Also it's a bad idea in my opionion...
    Yeah... As I said the pronounciation maybe different...(There are 400 and 80 plus moves BTW...)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I have said the option to, kinda like "brain age 2"

I cant wait to go through Ice Cave again, Or Mt. Silver.
    I would like to see anything in 3D form... But I wish they could increase the size of the areas... The places are too small for me... But at the sametime... If they did that, then the original taste of GSC will be loss...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    There is always a need for change like that. The towns were small(like always)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Personally, I'd love to see a remake of G/S. But, with much more to do, and more areas as well.
    Maybe, they could discover a Mt. Gold! O_o

Mt. Silver is the the ingame version of mt. Fuji, so I don't think there is any other so popular/big mountain around there, or?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back