• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Message from the PokeCommunity Higher Staff

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Would you turn down the offer of modship if given the chance to take it?

Additionally, how would you want the position offered to you? In a chat, in a group chat, in a VM conversation, in a PM conversation, over the phone?!!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Obviously I got a message from the higher staff, and I accepted! Then I got pulled into a giant staff conversation on MSN last summer (I miss those) and I was absolutely shocked to see them link me to an old post and I had an orange, bold name. There was no refusing that!

If I had to be promoted to an Assistant Admin, then I'd probably like for it to happen over a giant staff group chat again. When it came to getting modded though, I really appreciated the PM ─ I still have it actually! Although, over the phone, now that would be pretty funny.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Meh... I would probably think it over. Who knows what I'm bringing myself in to...
    A 50/50 chance I would accept/deny the offer.

Although of course I can think it over if it was a PM. If it was in an MSN chat I would probably have to make a decision quick. Although I don't really have that much H-Staff on my MSN list... Maybe one or two.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I would accept if I thought I could do the job right and if it would be enjoyable. If it was in a forum I didn't completely love I probably wouldn't do it. I think it would be cool to be asked to join the staff in an MSN group chat.

Although I love the way Alternitive was modded. Being asked in Spanish on the irc would be pretty cool.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I want to be asked over the phone oh my.

Nah, I dunno, depending on where I was being modded I may or may not accept. I'd prefer it via PM because it gives me a chance to decide - IF it was a big group chat (Though that would be cool) I'd have to decide fast and may make the wrong decision.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I'd take the offer. I like responsibility since it feels like I'm giving something back in a way I suppose, so I don't really see why not other than it could be using up more time. But I'm on PC quite a lot so really it wouldn't be much more time consuming than it is now.

As for the second question, it'd be pretty cool to be asked in an Msn conversation since everyone could have a good laugh at your reactions, lol. That and you'd be able to add a whole load of other staff members right there and all. Over the phone would be pretty funny tho! You'd probably get some sort of stunned silence I'd imagine.

I'd definitely say yes. It's been a little lonely with no site to moderate anymore and I greatly enjoy being on here - more so than any other forum I've been to in the past - so why not?

PM would be my preferred option. Phone just seems a little overboard since it isn't an actual paid position (I assume). But it would be quite cool for a staff member to start a random VM chat with me and after the chat goes on for a bit, offer me the position. I'd never see it coming!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    PM would be my preferred option. Phone just seems a little overboard since it isn't an actual paid position (I assume).

You mean that money that Luke's been sending me isn't for my moderating?!

I'm going to take this as h-staff because obviously I would accept a mod position. xD There would probably be not much thought involved in my decision if I was offered s-mod, it's definitely something that I'd like to do so if the h-staff thinks I'm ready/deserve the position, then I would be more than willing, lol.

My promotion was first over a PM on irc and then an "official" PM on PC, which I enjoyed. I remember before I was a mod saying that I would never want to be promoted in a group MSN chat or something like that because it's so much pressure, but I think I've changed my mind about that. Since I think ahead enough that I know what my decision would be, and I know a lot of the staff much better now, I could see that easily being a really fun way to be promoted. xD

Years
    Well if it was in a section I thought I could handle and knew a lot about yea I would take up the responsibility. If it was say for example a new forum that had just been put up and the subject of it wasn't something I didn't know much about or something I didn't have an interest in I would probably say no as I wouldn't do that forum much good.

As for how I'd want to be asked It'd be either through some MSN/IRC or something so it'd be an instant answer or PM. Defiantly not though VM though because then other people would see it before me and for me anyone outside of staff knowing I was going to get asked before I was actually asked would ruin the moment.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Leaving aside the sheer absurdity of me even being considered as a moderator (much less me actually being offered a moderator position), it depends on which section I'm being offered to moderate. If it's a backwater, forget it. If it's someplace I'm actually active in, I'd consider it.

In any case, just a private message would suffice.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    While phone seems like a fun option, I currently wouldn't want that option, because I am waiting for phone calls for a job, so it would be a major "PSYCHE!" >__< So I suppose a VM would be nice.

Anyways, I would probably accept if it was for a section like OVP or maybe Other Clubs. If it were OT or OC, I would probably decline because I don't think I could be a good mod in those forums. >__>

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Like I would ever be considered for modship
    I'd take up the offer, and I'd prefer it to be in a PM.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Um I would prefer PM lol. If it were asked now, I would have to decline due to school tests and all, but in several weeks after the tests, I would accept. Um.. so yeah, not much else to say o_o

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I would accept it if it was over a forum that I like such as other chat or maybe the writers corner. I'm not terribly active in writers corner, though, so I'd accept OC over it. Other than just not wanting the position, I wouldn't have any other reason to turn it down.

As for how I receive it? The thought of that is silly. It wouldn't matter.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'd probably accept because I'm cool like that and because I were to be picked then clearly I'm supposed to be the best for the job. Why not, I guess? (:

I mean, I wouldn't take it right now because I'm insanely busy but come back in a few weeks and I'd be all over it. The only reason that I forfeited the job in the first place was the fact I couldn't manage my time with how busy I was with sports... but hey, only another few weeks and then I'm done with them for good.

Uhm, I'd probably prefer... actually, I don't really mind however it were to happen, I think. Moddings by phone would be a bit too personal for me, though. :<

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'd accept because best mod candidate right here.

Oh my god call me please call me so we can be best phone friends.
    But I'm not picky or anything v_v

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    If I could become a moderator of Challenges (I play a lot of them, and am familiar with the standards), or of Pokemon Trivia or Other Trivia, I'd certainly like it. And I would definitely accept. It feels good to be a supporter, but it would feel even better to be a moderator. I very often see threads out there in forums that take quite a while to get locked when they should get locked ASAP. Having more than one moderator would help, I'm sure. Bottom line: I love this site, so if I could help maintain its integrity, I would by all means.

Back