• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Message from the PokeCommunity Higher Staff

Cordelia

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I have changed my answer since my last post. If I were offered a promotion here at PC I would gladly accept. I've gotten to know some of the higher ups and I have to say that I really like them and enjoy their company! Also, there is no dang time limit on VM and PM anymore! I would prefer it come via PM, but in the chat would be cool too ^^

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Really depends on what section I'd be modding. I'd really want to mod any of the creative discussions forums. The only forums I wouldn't want to mod are OVP, OC, any trivia, or any club-related forums -_- I would prefer they PM me. Seems more official that way.

Years
  • If somebody from PC called me I would be scared as to how they got my number XD

I don't have an MSN either. Well, I do, but there are like only a couple of people on it from when I was learning to make a Pokémon game for the Game Development forum, and seeing I'm not doing that anymore I don't really go on (damn it Eliminator! Be more social!).

I guess that only leaves PM or VM, and I'm not aware of anyone being offered a position as a moderator through VM. Honestly I wouldn't care how I was contacted, but really, there only is one way to contact me.

As for whether I'd accept or not, I most likely would. The only things that would persuade me to decline would be if the position was in a forum I had no clue about (like.. the Emulation forum or something) or if there were far better candidates for the job (I can think of a tonne of people who would be more suitable to mod the Fan Fiction section than myself).

For forums I'm more familiar with, if I felt someone else was better for the job, I wouldn't decline the position straight away but I'd mention my concern that someone may have been overlooked. If the higher staff have come to the conclusion that I'm the best candidate for the job then I'm not complaining, but if there is someone more deserving of a position I'd hate to take it from them.

Years
  • I would totally take a moderator opportunity, just saying.

I guess I would want it through PM? MSN chat could be fun also though, idk xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Mine wasn't that all exciting, especially since I got two PMs from two different staff trying to fool me, which made it obvious. I've been away for two days when I got them (internet went BOOM), so I guess that's why I got two lol.

I liked Kaori's way of getting banned -> modded -> demoted -> modded or something like that while on MSN. That would've been so exciting lol.

Perfection

I'll Miss PC.
    Years
  • Seeing that this would be the perfect time to express my non-moderator feelings, HELL YEAH. I'd love it if I was a moderator. I'll have one of those 'Moderator' thingies underneath my name. Also, I get to have advanced options thingy on my profile. If they contact me through phone, they'd have to cover their ears 'cause Imma' scream so hard. VMs are public, and I want to surprise my friends, so I'd prefer PMs.

Years
  • Maybe, but probably not. Modship carries responsibility I don't have enough time to take care of. If I could, I would, but as things stand, nope.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If a promotion were to happen tomorrow - or any other time this month - I'd be all: "Nooooooooope! Too busy this month, let me know if you still want me after Halloween, kthxbai."

If a promotion were to happen any time after October, I'd be all: "OMG! This is such a surprise. Thanks guys!" A group chat was how I got modded for the second time (first time was a PM exchange, and old S-Mod promotion was just done when I was sleeping), and that was kinda fun, even though I had a fair idea of what was going to happen. To be honest, a phone conversation sounds kinda cool, but no one on the internet who doesn't know me in real life has my phone number... and that's probably not going to change for the foreseeable future. T'would be nice, though, if it did happen. (HA!)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think when I was modded way back when, I was asked by Kwesi over AIM and that was nice because we had to have a whole conversation about which forums I wanted and being in an IM convo made it nice and quick. (PC was a very different place back then.)

My subsequent promotions were all either through IM or else it was done and the only "notification" I had of it was the thread where my promotion was discussed in the next forum up. (Except S-Mod which might have just been a PM after my promotion.) I really liked that because the surprise always made my heart stop and that's an interesting feeling. :D

If there were anywhere else for me to go, I'd definitely like it to be like the bulk of my promotions were. I'd rather not be told or hinted about it in advance, I wouldn't want any sort of group convo or conversation when it happened, and I'd like it to be noticed whenever I next ended up on the forum, in my own time. That's just magical, for some reason.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
  • I'd accept the promotion 99.99999999% of the time especially if it was in a forum I frequent like Trade Corner, Other Chat, Pokemon General, or either Trivias *HINT HINT*

I would like a PM, but anyway is fine phone call? what are you guys stalkers? XD A PM would seem more professional and i'd be more likely too accept.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Despite the fact, that I know that it is a fact that my chances of getting modded are like a snowball's chance in hell, I think I would appreciate being let know via PM first...to arrange an MSN convo.

I'd probably accept it if I could get assurance that all old dislikes and personal problems would be set aside and not held against me...and if I was sure I'd be OK in whatever section I was to be modded in.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd first be shocked to find out that anyone I know online would have my number to begin with but if asked I'd turn down the offer in a heartbeat due to the fact that I'd actually have to stick around whether I liked it or not.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I'd accept it, though at this point I'd probably need to stop gawking in amazement.

Inspiration

All Rights Reserved.
    Years
  • If I get a chance to become a moderator, I would simply respond in a calm way, yet I will hug them until they run out of air. I wouldn't care where or how they would tell me, as long as I get to be a moderator, I'm cool with that.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • Feels like I've answered this before.. o.o
    If given the chance to become a mod, I would respectfully decline the offer.
    As to how I would like to receive said offer? On the phone. With loud and heavy breathing. :cer_tongue:

Back