• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Pokemon In The 7th Movie???

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Uh guys, it is the right time to start showing new Pokemon

Japanese years below
    Red/Green came in 1996
    Gold/Silver came in 1999
    Ruby/Sapphire came in 2002

Going with this it should come in 2005 since its a 3 year gap between games

Now, the first Johto Pok?mon, Ho-oh was shown in 1997, but that doesnt quite count so we'll go with Togepi, Snubbull, Marill and Donphan revealed in the 1st Movie in 1998 (Jp. Date)

Hoenn Pok?mon, At E3 2001, Kecleon, Azurill and Wailmer were revealed and shown in the 4th Movie in the same year

Both of these are a year before the release of the Games at hand and are used for sneak peeks

Now the 7th Movie is released on July 17th 2004, which is a year before the predicted time therefore; There is absolutely 0 reason why they wont show one 4th Gen Pok?mon now, even if the games arent out til 2006

Obviously they are thinking about it, it will get them money

Last edited:

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Hopefully not --;; I'm sick and tired of pokemon always making crummy movies.. --;; All they want is money, and besides, I read on an article Pokemon's down lately. Even the movies. Actually, I think the first movie was more succesful than the rest. Besides, I liked it more =P

*dies*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    there is goning to be a new one in the movie look at the past ones movie 4 had a few new ones and so did movie 2 and 1 so it's only likley that there IS going to be a new one. It will probley only be in the mini movie and not have a big role if it's in the main movie. and since adv.gen. look's like it's only going to be a 2 year thing we might get genaration 4 by next year in japan.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    I think that the ? on the pokemon 2004 site is not valid evidence of there being a brand new pokemon. As was mentioned, in myuustuu no gyakushuu, the "?" pokemon was myuu, and this wasn't a new pokemon because myuu had been there from the beginning as part of the first 151, but just had not made it into the cartoon until that movie.

Similarly, we can probably expect an unusual, very rare, and very powerful pokemon to appear in rekkuu no houmonsha, but the odds of it being some all-new pokemon are very unlikely.

Someone said that new pokemon are released in intervals of 3 or so years. However, perhaps you all want to note that to date NO NEW POKEMON HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN A MOVIE BEFORE BEING RELEASED ELSEWHERE.

Id est, all 'new' pokemon in the cartoon appeared first in games, or were mentioned in the cartoon earlier.

Give it up. I think that we all should be more mature than this rumor-tossing garbage.

If its not official, it's not real. There is only one official source of pokemon information and that is tv-tokyo in japan.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    yakksoho said:
    Someone said that new pokemon are released in intervals of 3 or so years. However, perhaps you all want to note that to date NO NEW POKEMON HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN A MOVIE BEFORE BEING RELEASED ELSEWHERE.

Uh, I gave examples

Donphan was in the main 1st Movie without any prior mention. Slowking in the 2nd, Wailmer in the 5th(but it was in the 4th Pikachu Short)

Jeez

Also, while it is possible it could be an old Pok?mon, it is far more likely to be a new one. We have discovered all 386 Pokemon, back in RB they thought it there was only 150 with mentions of Mew in Cinnibar, Mew was classed a s new Pok?mon even though it was programmed into the games

In fact, it is the movies that brought on the revealing of many of the Pok?mon

When the 5th movie trailers came out, it revealed for the first time; Latios, Latias, Wynaut, Volbeat and Duskull

They were not revealed prior to that

I am still hedging my bets that it is a new Pok?mon...it is the most logical option. If it was a Pok?mon we knew about, such as maybe Kyogre or Regice...then they would not blank it. Mew was not catchable in the games, these guys are

USE YOU HEAD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    Serebii said:
    Donphan was in the main 1st Movie without any prior mention. Slowking in the 2nd, Wailmer in the 5th(but it was in the 4th Pikachu Short)
    Donfan had already been released when this movie came out. I'm assuming Slowking = Yadoking, and he too was already released.
    I don't know who Wailmer is so I can't answer about that.

Serebii said:
    We have discovered all 386 Pokemon, back in RB they thought it there was only 150 with mentions of Mew in Cinnibar, Mew was classed a s new Pok?mon even though it was programmed into the games
    There were originally 151 pokemon. Mew was there from the beginning.

Serebii said:
    When the 5th movie trailers came out, it revealed for the first time; Latios, Latias, Wynaut, Volbeat and Duskull They were not revealed prior to that
    Latios and Latias were already released when this movie when into production and when it came out. I don't know who the other three are.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    There in lies the problem

I know for a fact that Latios & Latias, Volbeat, Duskull and Wynaut were not revealed UNTIL the trailer and posters for the 5th Movie came out. I know for a fact that Donphan was shown before it was revealed for GS, by a few months if I remember correctly, Slowking, Ledyba, Bellossom, Lugia and Elekid possibly and probably were shown before the 2nd Movie was shown. Kecleon, Azurill and Wailmer were shown in the 4th Movie trailers first and then revealed with R/S a month or two later.

Whilst Mew may have been in the original games, he was not obtainable, that is why he was a ?, because he was a secret kinda new Pok?mon which people had only read about in the Journals

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    Serebii said:
    I know for a fact that Latios & Latias, Volbeat, Duskull and Wynaut were not revealed UNTIL the trailer and posters for the 5th Movie came out.
    Again, I dont see where you get your information on this. That movie came out several years ago (early 2002) and latios and latias were already released. Same with all the other monsters you mentioned.

Serebii said:
    Whilst Mew may have been in the original games, he was not obtainable, that is why he was a ?, because he was a secret kinda new Pok?mon which people had only read about in the Journals
    Mew was there from the beginning because he is the 151st pokemon, and there were originally 151 pokemon. For example the first ending themesong to pocket monsters ever (which debuted with the first episode of pocket monsters in 1997) is the song 'hyaku gojuu ichi' which means 151, and talks about having 151 friends (the pokemon).

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    I remember it clearly, those Pokemon were not introduced by the movie, but by the trailers for the movie meaning by the time the movie came out, people were familiar by them

Years
    yakksoho said:
    Again, I dont see where you get your information on this. That movie came out several years ago (early 2002) and latios and latias were already released. Same with all the other monsters you mentioned.
    Where? How were they "released"? When were they mentioned before the trailers of the movies came out?

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    It does seem plasible that they would introduce a Pokemon from the 4th generation in the movie... but not likely. It would make more sense to wait until a closer release date for the "next" games... introducing the 4th generation now wouldn't gain as much audience as if they introduced it right around the introduction of new games...

I think I just confused myself. oO

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    blue said:
    They werent there was only mention of two new dragon types.

the trailers for mizu no miyako no mamorigami came out in the middle/end of the jouto league. at this time latios and latias were already released.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    For the love of jeff...THE POKEMON WERE REVEALED IN THE TRAILERS. I aint gonna bother arguing this further...I know the truth, I will keep telling people the truth...you can keep deluding yourself.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    Serebii said:
    For the love of jeff...THE POKEMON WERE REVEALED IN THE TRAILERS. I aint gonna bother arguing this further...I know the truth, I will keep telling people the truth...you can keep deluding yourself.
    Okkay I dont like to argue either :)
    as far as mizu no miyako no mamorigami goes...i know that those trailers are on the tapes of the uzumaki cup when those videocassettes were released (I know this, because I HAVE all of those tapes) and so that was the point I was trying to make with that comment. Perhaps it could be settled by finding the release date of the game and comparing it with the release date of the uzumaki cup videos?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2005
    If there will be any new pkmn in this new movie. I do not hope it is an uncatchible pokemon.

Jess

Banned
    Years
    Maybe it is like the Pokemon on PikaSurf. The mysterious Question Mark thing..XD!

Back