• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new team

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I decided to go with this one:

Wash Rotom:
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Rest
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/216 SDef/44 Spe (Calm)
    Item: Chesto Berry

And finally, to have a full team, I'd like my final Pokémon to be a tank. I don't know any tanks, so what are some Pokémon I could use that have very high HP and/or Defense and/or Special Defense stats that can learn useful tank-y moves?

Once I've got all of my team down I'm gonna do some tests and try to find any flaws, but I can only do this to the best of my own ability.

Years
    scarf mold breaker excadrill 6-0's you js bad team,,, nah im joking. but have something for sandoffense as well as fullstall. cuz i cant see how youre gonna break that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    scarf mold breaker excadrill 6-0's you js bad team,,, nah im joking. but have something for sandoffense as well as fullstall. cuz i cant see how youre gonna break that.
    What do you mean by having something for "sandoffense" and "fullstall"? I don't really get it :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    sand offense is offense which incorporates sand in some way and uses it to its benefit (eg sand rush excadrill); fullstall is literally full stall, unlike semistall but let's not get into that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    sand offense is offense which incorporates sand in some way and uses it to its benefit (eg sand rush excadrill); fullstall is literally full stall, unlike semistall but let's not get into that.

So instead of Mold Breaker I should go with one of Excadrill's non-Hidden Abilities?

And does "fullstall" mean a Pokémon that is designated to take a lot of hits and generally stall the battle? If so, what are some good ones?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    So instead of Mold Breaker I should go with one of Excadrill's non-Hidden Abilities?

And does "fullstall" mean a Pokémon that is designated to take a lot of hits and generally stall the battle? If so, what are some good ones?
    no, since you aren't using tyranitar/hippowdon, you won't get sand up and sand rush excadrill won't get the speed boost. stick to mold breaker.

also, full stall is a playstyle which utilizes bulky pokemon which have status moves (will-o-wisp/toxic, taunt, roost, etc) and secondary attacking options to stall the opponent. popular stall cores include skarmbliss and venutran + water.

#tryhardexplaining

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    We are talking about competitive battling,right?
    Here are my suggestions:

Greninja@Life Orb/Shell Bell
    =Ability : Protean=
    EVs - HP-4;SpA-252;Speed-252
    Nature - Timid(+Speed,-Attack)
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Dark Pulse
    -Extrasensory

Manectric@Manectite
    =Ability : Lightningrod=
    EVs - Att-4;SpA-252;Speed-252
    Nature-Hasty(+Speed,-Def)
    -Flamethrower
    -Volt Switch
    -Discharge
    -Ice Fang

Forretress@Occa Berry(Lowers Damage from Fire type attacks)
    =Ability : Sturdy=
    EVs - HP-120;Att-44;Def-172;SpDef-172
    Nature:Imprish(+Def,-SpA)
    or
    Nature:Careful(+SpDef,-SpA)
    -Spikes
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake

Espeon@Leftovers
    =Ability : Magic Bounce=
    Nature-Timid(+Speed,-Att)
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Baton Pass

Charizard@Charizardite Y
    =Ability : Blaze/Drought while Mega Charizard Y)
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Solarbeam
    -Flamethrower/Heat Wave/Fire Blast
    -Tailwind/Air Slash

Gengar@Black Sludge
    =Ability : Levitate=
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb/Wave
    -Brick Break
    -Destiny Bond

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    We are talking about competitive battling,right?
    Here are my suggestions:

Greninja@Life Orb/Shell Bell
    =Ability : Protean=
    Nature - Timid(+Speed,-Attack)
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Dark Pulse
    -Extrasensory

Manectric@Manectite
    =Ability : Lightningrod=
    -Flamethrower
    -Volt Switch
    -Discharge
    -Ice Fang

Forretress@Occa Berry(Lowers Damage from Fire type attacks)
    =Ability : Sturdy=
    EVs - HP-120;Att-44;Def-172;SpDef-172
    Nature:Imprish(+Def,-SpA)
    or
    Nature:Careful(+SpDef,-SpA)
    -Spikes
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake

Espeon@Leftovers
    =Ability : Magic Bounce=
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Baton Pass

Charizard@Charizardite Y
    =Ability : Blaze/Drought while Mega Charizard Y)
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Solarbeam
    -Flamethrower/Heat Wave/Fire Blast
    -Tailwind/Air Slash

Gengar@Black Sludge
    =Ability : Levitate=
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb/Wave
    -Brick Break
    -Destiny Bond
    Shell Bell doesn't do much for Greninja because it's too frail to make use of any passive recovery. The HP restored by Shell Bell is too minuscule to be even worth using and Greninja needs the extra power from Life Orb.

While Ice Fang theoretically fills in HP Ice's moveslot, it runs off of Mega Manectric's lower Attack stat. HP Ice is mandatory on Mega Manectric so it can deal with Dragons. Overheat is also mandatory over Flamethrower for the raw power alone. Mega Manectric is too frail to make use of Discharge's paralysis rate, so Thunderbolt is the generally better option.

Forretress is bait for Aegislash; it can come in freely, whether to block Rapid Spin or on a move not named Earthquake and threaten it out with Shadow Ball. It's difficult for Forretress to hazard-stack this time around because of Defog everywhere.

Espeon's niche as a Baton Passer is no more because of the Baton Pass nerf to 1 Baton Passing member per team. Even then, Espeon is too frail to Calm Mind up, IMO.

There's no reason for Charizard Y to use Air Slash, when sun-boosted Flamethrowers and Fire Blasts inflict more damage on Air Slash's targets:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr in Sun: 220-261 (62.6 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 200-236 (56.9 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A physical move on Gengar is a seriously bad idea. Its Attack is significantly lower than its Special Attack. If you want a Fighting move on Gengar, use Focus Blast, no matter how off-putting the accuracy is.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I was thinking for the last one maybe going with Chesnaught or Gengar, but are either of these bad options?

Back