• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A pokédex journey in the SAHARAN DESERT or... (on regions)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, Gamefreak apparently plans to continue the expansion of the pokémon world outside of regions based on Japan. Lately we've seen the US and France.

What country do you think would fit well for a pokémon league journey? Not just for the games, but overall. I think a pokémon region should have plenty of cities or towns, or at least places where a city or town would fit. Rural places could make good regions as well, with invented cities for the pokémon world. But more important, it should have plenty of interesting landscapes, and a bit of variation. Some kind of mountain or place where there can be caves, some kind of forest or marsh and maybe a desert or tundra or something? And of course some regular grassy fields. And preferably some kind of traditions and style that can influence the buildings and maybe even the plot!

So, discuss what areas or countries on Earth would make good new regions. And also what makes a good region overall, not just from a gaming perspective but maybe mostly so. Do you think the existing regions lack something or have too much of something? etc etc

An example of a non-game implemented region is the Orange Islands, which was restricted to the anime.​

Years
    I think southern Africa would make a cool region with including Madagascar. The joining of the oceans could create some really interesting pokemon or brasil would be really cool with all the rainforest and rivers.

Years
    I have to say that I'm quite biased here, but I believe that British Columbia (or western Canada) would make a really great Pokemon region.

Basically everything that you would expect out of a region can be found here, from large cities to small towns, mountain ranges, forests, farmland, islands, etc. Also, a fictionalized version of Vancouver has already been included in the anime a few times, and while it's been referred to as a part of Hoenn, there's nothing stopping it from being re-introduced in the games or something.

So whether it be for a real life Pokemon League or just the setting of a game, I think B.C. would make a great choice (and not just because I already know where everything is).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm biased somewhat, but I would like to see a region based on the UK and Ireland together. I'd rather a region based on Ireland alone but that's probably not that realistic.

An African country could be very interesting. Australia & New Zealand together would also make for a great region I think.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    On a side note, Genius Sonority was doing it earlier in basing the region of Orre loosely on the state of Arizona.

I think Australia would actually be good, as long as it doesn't focus too much on the middle (given all the desert there). I imagine it'd be pretty low on the snowy areas too, haha.

Years
    Sincerely, I think that there should be a region(s) influenced by these two countries/areas
    1) Mexico
    2) Middle East/North Africa

Mexico because there are different climates (duh, obviously), for example, in the state that I live in, Baja California, you have the coast by Ensenada, and the busy metropolis of the Tijuana, but then if you travel East to Sonora, you go to desert climate, keep going south to the states of Sinaloa, and Guerrero, you get more desert, but then the climate changes again to Tropical (Guerrero)...

Middle East because there is rich arabic culture, and let alone the lore of the religion, art, and architecture of the region. Let alone the loads of Desert-based or Ground Type Pokemon we could have, maybe for starters we could have, Flying, Ground, and Steel. ALso, there could be legendary pokemon based on a Phoenix (I know, we already have Ho-Oh), Djinn (Genie), and maybe an oil/petroleum based pokemon), Just think of it, Dubai, in a Pokemon Game

Years
    Personally I think a region based off of the Appalachian Mountains in the USA would be a good one seeing as they have lush wildlife, a large river, Potomac River, and they are supposed to be the oldest mountains in the world. Think about the many cultural things such a region would bestow. :)

Yes this is extremely biased as I live surrounded by them. :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    U.K & Ireland.

Water, Snow and Land. The only problem being, no desert. But that can be compensated because obviously the Pokémon regions are rarely correspondent to the terrestrial features of the place they based it on.

I'm not being biased either, because I live in the eastern s¡de of the world.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Hawaii.

Mainly because I love the tropics. It's a beautiful place and I would definitely enjoy playing a Pokémon game that was based on it. Each island could vary in culture and could have different species of Pokémon. I heard that Hoenn was tropical, but where were the palm trees and sagos?

Back