• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Simple Game of Mafia

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2020
    here are all the possible scenarios:
    Cop - Mafioso - Doctor
    Cop - Nurse - Silencer
    Nurse - Cop - Scout
    Doctor - Scout - Tracker
    Mafioso - Cop - Villager
    Silencer - Villager - Tracker

In 2/6 Scenarios Nurse/Doctor doesn't exist.
    So let's assume Chumley scum slipped (even though I think anyone scum slips this early on)
    The Scout always has Both Nurse AND Cop.
    So it's very possible if he did scum slip, the setup is one of -) Nurse - Cop - Scout
    , Doctor - Scout - Tracker

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Are you asking for an actual scum buddy read? That is going to be difficult when some people haven't even posted yet.

I think Chumley was trying to come across as asking for protection from a theoretical Doctor/Nurse, but I'm not sure he succeeded. It could be a scum slip, which is why I voted for him.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I had a dream where i missed the day phase and then almost forgot to actually check rn bc of that

I can see I haven't missed much tho at least

I guess that has to be a weirdly place claim from Chumley. It wouldn't be very helpful now, since if there's a silencer or a nurse and he's actually a cop, he's still effectively useless if either target him, so it seems a bit bold.

Do we know if there's one or two maf in this setup? The setup grid said the remaining spots would be filled by five villagers and one mafioso, but that would be none players instead of seven (so I assume it means we could have either one or two maf)

If it's two maf, we're effectively in a potential mylo already lol

Years
  • There's two mafia.
    In hindsight, might have been better to just have the one for such a small game but that felt like too little.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Could be that Chumley is mafia trying to put a target on Seth, especially if Seth is a good player. And as of now I think Seth is being proactive even without much to go off of. (Also are we allowed to post multiple times in a row? I never asked)

Also at least we know Seth and Chumley are not on the same mafia team. Unless they're faking it? Seems oddly specific that they would vote for each other.

And another thing. If it's a set scenario like Seth put, then that means mafia has the advantage of knowing what specific scenarios can be on the table? If I'm understanding correctly?

@Seth why those two specifically?

And Charlie needs to post..

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2021
    I had a dream where i missed the day phase and then almost forgot to actually check rn bc of that

I guess that has to be a weirdly place claim from Chumley. It wouldn't be very helpful now, since if there's a silencer or a nurse and he's actually a cop, he's still effectively useless if either target him, so it seems a bit bold.

Do we know if there's one or two maf in this setup? The setup grid said the remaining spots would be filled by five villagers and one mafioso, but that would be none players instead of seven (so I assume it means we could have either one or two maf)

Hi town slip. If u where scum u'd already understand the setup

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2020
    I had a dream where i missed the day phase and then almost forgot to actually check rn bc of that

I've went over this with the host before.
    It's 3 VT and 1 Mafioso.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2020
    Could be that Chumley is mafia trying to put a target on Seth, especially if Seth is a good player. And as of now I think Seth is being proactive even without much to go off of. (Also are we allowed to post multiple times in a row? I never asked)

Also at least we know Seth and Chumley are not on the same mafia team. Unless they're faking it? Seems oddly specific that they would vote for each other.

And another thing. If it's a set scenario like Seth put, then that means mafia has the advantage of knowing what specific scenarios can be on the table? If I'm understanding correctly?

@Seth why those two specifically?

And Charlie needs to post..

No just pick 2 random names.
    The first two names that stand out to you.
    Believe it or not doing that is fairly solvable.

Also I'm not voting for Chumley....

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2020
    Knowing the setup is never alignment indicative.
    My votes staying on Nakuzami for now.
    Chumley not mentioning me voting Nakuzami is rather sus as I know their a high level player.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Yeah, true. I meant more of you being suspicious of each other.

OK, then. Well the two that stand out for me atm are you (Seth) and Chumley. But as for actual suspicions, Nakuzami and JD's posts are giving me the impression of not being very contributive.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • No just pick 2 random names.
    The first two names that stand out to you.
    Believe it or not doing that is fairly solvable.

Also I'm not voting for Chumley....

Knowing the setup is never alignment indicative.
    My votes staying on Nakuzami for now.
    Chumley not mentioning me voting Nakuzami is rather sus as I know their a high level player.
    I mean okay I guess

And in certain cases with variable setups, dropping not entirely public knowledge based on one's own role can very well be alignment indicative

In the case of what I said, I guess the idea is that I wouldn't have posed the question of how many maf there were if I were maf myself, because I'd be more focused on diverting attention in other ways
    Which I'm not sure I'd buy myself, but

OK, then. Well the two that stand out for me atm are you (Seth) and Chumley. But as for actual suspicions, Nakuzami and JD's posts are giving me the impression of not being very contributive.
    I wouldn't say much has happened in the way of contributions

But this is only the second time I've been able to check in, so that's a valid criticism

As it stands, Seth comes across as something of a brazen townie, but I wouldn't say that's much of a townread from me

Chumley's softclaim is weird and potentially a little sus, but I'd rather see how that pans out rather than make a dumb mistake in voting them for it

CB hasn't posted at all, so I'm ignoring that now bc going after the inactive is always a waste of time and generally scummy to do

So, for me today, that leaves jd and Isa. jd isn't active, which doesn't indicate much from him, but even from his two posts I would generally expect a *little* bit more. Isa just comes across as new---which is slightly conflicting since I've seen that strat used on many a maf before lmao, but more often than not it's just genuine noobiness, which can come from any alignment.

Vote jdthebud

I expect the phase to change while I'm at work tomorrow, so hopefully a bit more happens that I can work with before bed tonight

Years
  • A Simple Game of Mafia
    No fancy custom roles. No flavour or thematics. Nothing but pure mafia.

Night One

As in the PC tradition, the tie on votes was decided by RNG.

jdthebud is dead. He was the Scout.

Players

gimmepie as the GM

Chumley as ???
    Mystical Isa as ???
    Seththeking as ???
    Omicron as a Villager
    jdthebud as the Scout
    Nakuzami as ???
    Charlie Brown as ???​

Back