• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A simple yes no poll (Who acually wants a 5th Generation)

Do u want a 5th Generation

• !!!!YES!!!!

Votes: 124 83.8%
  • no

Votes: 24 16.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Of Course, this would mean that the competitive Metagame would get a overall overhaul with the additions of new moves,items, and the pokemon themselfs

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Why not?
    I never want pokemon to end, even though the pokemon will look really unoriginal, but they are still pokemon(as long as they don't look terrible).
    I have heard that gamefreak is making their last pokemon game in 2012, but i hope that is fake.
    Pokemon has been a huge part of my life, and stopping it would make that part of my life all meaningless.
    sure there are much more pokemon, but that makes more of a challenge.
    and anyone who says it will end with arceus because he is the god pokemon should read better because it was a myth. I would really like a 5th generation to come out, but what diehard pokemon fan wouldn't?

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • ^& having an anime is a bad thing????

it would skyrocket if included the anime!!!!
    I just dislike what the anime has become. sure back in the day it was still kinda lame what with morals in each episode of the kiddy stuff...but back then i was a kid so it was all good. but looking at it now it makes me facepalm, especially since many voices have change (they butchered Brock >_<)

However, if they would just make a separate series from the one going now, one that is meant to target people older then 13 or 15 with a more mature dialog and such, then that would be awesome and I'd probably watch it (I think they'd make a good buck off it to so whats holding them back >_<)

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    i agree(anime is a good thing!!), anime in pokemon "DAW" doesen't suit Ryden here, although age affects what you watch.... so .... let it be....
    im still a pre-teen so pokemon doesn't seem that childish.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • i agree(anime is a good thing!!), anime in pokemon "DAW" doesen't suit Ryden here, although age affects what you watch.... so .... let it be....
    im still a pre-teen so pokemon doesn't seem that childish.
    hold onto that as long as you can then...you'll miss it once it gone, trust me

MayorPork

Psyduck Lover
    Years
  • Eh, I'm on the fence, but I voted no. I think they just should make new games with the existing pokemon, including a remake of GSC. They could also make a new region, just no new pokemon. I'm just not excited to see them stoop really low and come up with dumb names like "Pandar" or something like that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    As long as they don't make the pokemon as crazy and weird looking as this gen, I dont care

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
  • I want it because I love how the graphics in each game just get better and better. I love the graphics in my Pokemon Diamond game. Hopefully in the 5th generation, they'll still keep the real-time clock feature so it can be day and night. =)

I would like a fifth gen but make it a sort of remake of G/S/C. Nintendo hinted towards us that this might be coming:
    - Jasmine
    - Red Garados hunting
    etc.

But topping 1000 pokemon as mentioned earlier in this thread, WOW.

I know I mean, in Diamond they talked about Johto ALOT and Jasmine showed up, plus the Red Gayrados (sp?). Oh god if they make a remake of G/S/C I will just die. I looove those 3 games they were the best EVER! I hope we can play as a girl in them. We probably can since in LG and FR we could play as some random chick.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2008
    Yes, I do. One thing I would like to see are different Pokemon in the caves and at the start of the game. I don't mind seeing a Bidoof, Starly, Geodude, or Zubat every once in a while, I just want to not see them as much.

Gewitterdrache27

Means Tempest Dragon
    Years
  • (I may sound like a total idiot saying this, but)

I think that they should make a 5th generation game in a new region, but with one difference.

THE PLACE SHOULD BE FRICKIN HUGE!!!

That may not be nice before you get fly, but if you think about it, it makes it so that many Pokemon can accomadate it. New starters yes, but we should see some old pokemon in the fields near the beggining (EG Spearow, Hoothoot, zigzagoon [Pickup = Useful], and shinx), not just new new new pokemon all over. And make those common pokemon less common, eg Bidoof, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zigzagoon, Zubat, Zubat, and Zubat. (I remember in B/R/Y in caves you had like an 80% chance of tripping over another Zubat.) New moves wouldn't hurt, but there are so many that there should only be a few more. Some exotic typed pokemon never done before (EG Dragon Dark, Dragon Ice, Fire Dark, Dark Steel, etc.) should be included, but rare. We should have more Fire/Thunder/Grass/Water stone evos, but the stones should also be up for purchase like they were in B/R/Y. Wouldn't it be cool if we could also visit other regions like in the famous G/S/C versions? Some new gym types wouldn't hurt, like a Dark gym. Anyway, they should really include beter wifi services, as sometimes Wifi can be a nuisance (Especially with all the jerks trying to clone their pokemon by asking for lvl 100 Pokemon, and the jerks NOT trying to trade their level 2 bidoofs for lvl 9 and under mews, I think that we should have two sections, a Hack Trade section and a Real Trade section, for people who want a reasonable trade. ["I wanna trade my level 20 Stunky for a Glameow of any kind!" a week later nothing happens], and the Seek option is messed up because of the jerks.) Almost nuff said.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • YES!!!

Pokemon's probably gonna be going on for a LONG time anyway, and I always love to have a new region to explore and some new Pokemon to catch.
    Pokemon rocks, and Nintendo rocks for making Pokemon in the first place. =)

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    (I may sound like a total idiot saying this, but)

I think that they should make a 5th generation game in a new region, but with one difference.

THE PLACE SHOULD BE FRICKIN HUGE!!!

That may not be nice before you get fly, but if you think about it, it makes it so that many Pokemon can accomadate it. New starters yes, but we should see some old pokemon in the fields near the beggining (EG Spearow, Hoothoot, zigzagoon [Pickup = Useful], and shinx), not just new new new pokemon all over. And make those common pokemon less common, eg Bidoof, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zigzagoon, Zubat, Zubat, and Zubat. (I remember in B/R/Y in caves you had like an 80% chance of tripping over another Zubat.) New moves wouldn't hurt, but there are so many that there should only be a few more. Some exotic typed pokemon never done before (EG Dragon Dark, Dragon Ice, Fire Dark, Dark Steel, etc.) should be included, but rare. We should have more Fire/Thunder/Grass/Water stone evos, but the stones should also be up for purchase like they were in B/R/Y. Wouldn't it be cool if we could also visit other regions like in the famous G/S/C versions? Some new gym types wouldn't hurt, like a Dark gym. Anyway, they should really include beter wifi services, as sometimes Wifi can be a nuisance (Especially with all the jerks trying to clone their pokemon by asking for lvl 100 Pokemon, and the jerks NOT trying to trade their level 2 bidoofs for lvl 9 and under mews, I think that we should have two sections, a Hack Trade section and a Real Trade section, for people who want a reasonable trade. ["I wanna trade my level 20 Stunky for a Glameow of any kind!" a week later nothing happens], and the Seek option is messed up because of the jerks.) Almost nuff said.

i would definitely agree with ya'

5703vcr

Lemonman
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    a lot of people are saying that since arceus is the 'god' pokemon, that there could never better better one. but am i wrong or isnt the legend about arceus only refering to the Sinnoh region? i'd personally love to see a new game but with far fewer ledgendaries introduced and included. perhaps 4 or 5 new ones like in the original red/blue games.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    a lot of people are saying that since arceus is the 'god' pokemon, that there could never better better one. but am i wrong or isnt the legend about arceus only refering to the Sinnoh region? i'd personally love to see a new game but with far fewer ledgendaries introduced and included. perhaps 4 or 5 new ones like in the original red/blue games.

i wouldn't actually agree that arceus is the "god" pokemon....
    but i do agree about fewer legendaries though...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yes. They should only stop making regions and stuff when they run out of areas in Japan to base any regions on.

Back