• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A simple yes no poll (Who acually wants a 5th Generation)

Do u want a 5th Generation

• !!!!YES!!!!

Votes: 124 83.8%
  • no

Votes: 24 16.2%

• Total voters

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
Years
  • I agree with Tomato, that they shouldn't make any new regions. They should just work off of what they have, like make a game about a contest coordinator, or about a Gym Leader. I think that Nintendo/Game Freak seriously jumped the shark with Sinnoh. I'm not saying D/P wasn't fun, but rather than making not enough new things, they put too much in, (mostly all the Pokemon that were probably created by 4 year olds) I mean, D/P was fun and all, but I was dissapointed in seeing Pokemon like Bidoof and Krickitune.

I think it's pretty obvious that Nintendo/Game Freak will make a new region, solely for marketing purpoises. But who knows. Maybe the fifth generation could be unique from the others, like for the Wii? ^_^

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Nintendo doesn't need to make any new regions OR any new Pokemon. It just needs to make everything better. For one, there are always two identical games released when one by itself is perfectly fine. I could go on forever but you all know what else I'll say so I'll stop.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I'm going to have to say yes. I'd rather like to have a G/S/C remake first, like they did before R/P with FR/LG, and then Platinum, and then and new generation. I just want the games to continue on.

Years
  • i know i wont.Im like playing pokemon from when it first came out and ill never get enough(not that im really fan from the anime though..)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • If they make a 5th gen (not talking about a GSC remake, talking about an actual new one) and it's in an old region that they've already used before, that would be total failure.

Completely agreed. New Generations in old Regions just wouldn't work out, at all. I'm not going to bother listing my reasons for why it would be so, but rest assured; it would not be the same.

I agree with Tomato, that they shouldn't make any new regions. They should just work off of what they have, like make a game about a contest coordinator, or about a Gym Leader. I think that Nintendo/Game Freak seriously jumped the shark with Sinnoh. I'm not saying D/P wasn't fun, but rather than making not enough new things, they put too much in, (mostly all the Pokemon that were probably created by 4 year olds) I mean, D/P was fun and all, but I was dissapointed in seeing Pokemon like Bidoof and Krickitune.

I think it's pretty obvious that Nintendo/Game Freak will make a new region, solely for marketing purpoises. But who knows. Maybe the fifth generation could be unique from the others, like for the Wii? ^_^

So long as they stop making horrible designs, like Bidoof, Kricketot and Wobbuffet, they should be set, but you just know that they're going to end up making more horrible Pokemon like it. If Generation V does come, I personally hope they don't destroy my liking for Water type starters, again, as they did when they brought out Mudkip. I seriously hate that thing... >_<

I seriously doubt that they will bring a 3D Generation out; Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness are probably going to be the closest we'll ever get, until Nintendo bring out a console that doesn't seem to be for the comic relief of telling people, "Hey, buy this; you're too fat." Looking at the console, it doesn't look much; if any, better than the Gamecube's capabilities. I'll agree that the Wii was an interesting turn in gaming experimentation, but in the eyes of some gamers; including those who I know who have had it and sold it on, there's no place for it. I'm actually personally surprised that the Wii's sales are so high. Though I will admit that it is all up to opinion, and personal preference, in a console.

I'd also like to note that PBR was a step back from Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. What they were thinking, I'm not really sure... but oh well...

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I think maybe actually they should make it of you being a school boy and have to do school work about Pokemon and catch things for school and stuff. Might be a change.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I think it would be a really good idea because I would like to see how they progress the 3D graphics and story.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Yay, I'm voter number one hundred for yes! Therfore, you shall all bow down to me! D:<

Hehe I'd like a fifth generation. Even though it's getting weird going into toys r us for the games, I just would like to have another generation and such.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    5th Generation? What the heck, aren't we already upto generation 16?

I thought the Pokemon Chronicles games were 5th Gen, followed by the Pokemon Legends and Pokemon: Mythos for the GBA, being 6th and 7th generation respectively.

I'm positive the newest games, Pokemon Fremantle version and Pokemon Essendon version were 16th generation.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    We don't need a 5th Gen. Pokemon needs to give us a GSC remake and then it can die because we will have all we ever wanted.

5th Generation? What the heck, aren't we already upto generation 16?

I thought the Pokemon Chronicles games were 5th Gen, followed by the Pokemon Legends and Pokemon: Mythos for the GBA, being 6th and 7th generation respectively.

I'm positive the newest games, Pokemon Fremantle version and Pokemon Essendon version were 16th generation.
    Lmao, that's not funny at all.

Years
  • My reason is simple:If there won't be a 5th gen,then this forum wouldn't have a subject anymore
    because it's a chain reaction:no more games->no more Pokemon->no more anime->no more TCG->no more other merchandise

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • Without a 5th generation, a majority of the "fans" will get bored.

There is endless amounts of things you can do in one game, but Pokemon still requires a new lease of life to keep people interested. The minute a new game is out, it's fuel to put down the old one and see what else you can do to make your team superior.

Without that, the superiority race would slowly end.

To be honest, the original 150 are still the ones that I think are the best. The second gen were okay, third gen I loathed... the 4th to me are on par with the 2nd in terms of the monsters themselves.

There's no decline into oblivion here, so I say keep 'em coming.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Without a 5th generation, a majority of the "fans" will get bored.

yeah i agree,but there should be a limit to the no. of gens. nintendo makes or things will be out of control!!!

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I think if they make an interesting new region with different features, even if it means replacing some old ones. Also with a lesser number of pokemon added. Sure some are cool, and the rest we'll get used to but, they should try and put more care into the things they create, and if we get quality ones, rather than just poke-fodder, then that's all good.

Back