• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A simple yes no poll (Who acually wants a 5th Generation)

Do u want a 5th Generation

• !!!!YES!!!!

Votes: 124 83.8%
  • no

Votes: 24 16.2%

• Total voters

Vie

Years
  • I would love to have a 5th generation, but only if they take enough time and patience for drawing it. I mean, the pokemon become more ugly and simple drawed every generation... -.-''

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I think that if a 5th Gen comes around, it should just work with the Pokemon they already have.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Which is idiotic and it would be boring and the same game as D/P/P. Why is there too many? Can you not count to 493 or something?

so, how many will they add in the pokedex??
    150?
    (why the harshness)

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • so, how many will they add in the pokedex??
    150?
    (why the harshness)

Add another 100 or so I say.

I'm harsh because I'm kind of tired of people thinking they should stop making new pokemon, because there's pretty much no logic to the thinking. IMO if you think that, you're not a fan of pokemon, at all. You can say that the designs are getting worse (which I disagree with anyway), but that's no reason to stop designing altogether. That's reason to simply improve.

Cobja619

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • I think that the legendarys are getting better and better because I like how they made Dialga and Palkia and I hope that if there's a 5th gen the Legendarys will be even better!

Cobja619

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • If they had a 5th gen they would have to add better features then Diamond had. (And more of those upside down levels like I've seen in screenies for Platinum.)

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Add another 100 or so I say.

I'm harsh because I'm kind of tired of people thinking they should stop making new pokemon, because there's pretty much no logic to the thinking. IMO if you think that, you're not a fan of pokemon, at all. You can say that the designs are getting worse (which I disagree with anyway), but that's no reason to stop designing altogether. That's reason to simply improve.
    ok, i understand,& im a BIG fan of pokemon(i dont think that way).
    100 is ok, nintendo should put more effort into the 5th gen(if there is)
    I think that the legendarys are getting better and better because I like how they made Dialga and Palkia and I hope that if there's a 5th gen the Legendarys will be even better!
    i hope so,the legendaries are imoprtant parts of each generation.

For sure. It would keep this **** alive.
    what does this mean!!^^^(honestly, stop being so negative..)

๐Chubbyz๐

H e a V e n
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    new pokemon games ^^ , so poke fans wont get bored , see new pokemons and yeh...
    dont want pokemon to end now .

Years
  • I'd love another one but I want to see more Fire pokemon and less Dragons.

I dont think another 100 is a good idea, some D/P designs were tacky and poor (Carnivine, Magmortar) and I think they should go for quality over quantity. 60 new ones would be good.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Instead of jumping into the discussion here, I'll just answer the question that this thread asked. I hate it when people jump into the middle of a discussion after being absent for the first half of it, it really ticks me off.

Anyways, moving on, I don't want a fifth generation. Not only would it be crazy to have new Pokémon after the God of all Pokémon (Arceus) was released to the public, but think of how unoriginal the designs would be for a fifth generation of Pokémon. The last two generations were bad enough, in my opinion. I have a feeling that Arceus was created to signify the end of Pokémon, but then I suppose you could all argue that Mew was created to signify the end of Pokémon, so I won't bother enforcing that point. Will there be a fifth generation? Probably. As much as I don't want it to happen, Nintendo/Gamefreak know that no matter how unoriginal or bad the games are, people will still buy them and they will still be bestselling games. I think that right now, the situation calls for a remake of Gold, Silver and Crystal and leaving the Pokémon franchise at that.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Instead of jumping into the discussion here, I'll just answer the question that this thread asked. I hate it when people jump into the middle of a discussion after being absent for the first half of it, it really ticks me off.

Anyways, moving on, I don't want a fifth generation. Not only would it be crazy to have new Pokémon after the God of all Pokémon (Arceus) was released to the public, but think of how unoriginal the designs would be for a fifth generation of Pokémon. The last two generations were bad enough, in my opinion. I have a feeling that Arceus was created to signify the end of Pokémon, but then I suppose you could all argue that Mew was created to signify the end of Pokémon, so I won't bother enforcing that point. Will there be a fifth generation? Probably. As much as I don't want it to happen, Nintendo/Gamefreak know that no matter how unoriginal or bad the games are, people will still buy them and they will still be bestselling games. I think that right now, the situation calls for a remake of Gold, Silver and Crystal and leaving the Pokémon franchise at that.
    but oni they could make a new form of arceus or make it that aceuse was created by the real creator.i would love a 5th generation.but they should focus on evelutions for old pokemon for example make a new dustox/butterfly or a new vespiquen

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    but oni they could make a new form of arceus or make it that aceuse was created by the real creator.i would love a 5th generation.but they should focus on evelutions for old pokemon for example make a new dustox/butterfly or a new vespiquen

And another thing, new forms of Pokémon have proved that Nintendo/Gamefreak have lost all originality they used to have. You're right, there could be a new form of Arceus. If there isn't a fifth generation, there probably will be loads of new forms of old Pokémon, which would be horrible. Looking at it from that prospective, I wouldn't mind a fifth generation.

Good point, FinalPaladin.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Im sure they are doing a 5th Gen, when Pokemon D/P launched in the USA i watched the big launch show that they did on my computer, and they where talking to one of the Pokemon designers and he was asked about a 5th gen and all he said was they where working on some designes, now he didn't say anymore than that but he could have ment one of two things they could have been working on the New Forms for Shayamin and Giratina or it that they where making some designes for possible 5th gen Pokemon.

Back