• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A Sinnoh Appearance?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    You are able to battle Cynthia once a day. However, this is only during the Spring and Summer time. Just wanted to clarify this up for those who would be disappointed if it was only a one time thing.
    I'm sure it seems weird to be able to battle her once a day during those two seasons, but there will be different characters coming to visit her each day such as the two Elite Four Members, Caitlin and Shikimi. So even though it doesn't really make sense to battle her once everyday, characters will be there and will be adding on to the storyline as well.

But yes, we will be able to have rematches with Cynthia, which is a great relief for those who are really looking forward to seeing her. :)
    Yeah I heard that too (I was just afraid that part was similar to the Champion being Belle situation...), though I just realized if the game comes out in NA in March it would be Winter...that is if we are kept in line with the Japan seasons, so no battle with Cynthia for a month :(...but then again we would be busy beating the game during that month :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    You are able to battle Cynthia once a day. However, this is only during the Spring and Summer time. Just wanted to clarify this up for those who would be disappointed if it was only a one time thing.
    I'm sure it seems weird to be able to battle her once a day during those two seasons, but there will be different characters coming to visit her each day such as the two Elite Four Members, Caitlin and Shikimi. So even though it doesn't really make sense to battle her once everyday, characters will be there and will be adding on to the storyline as well.

But yes, we will be able to have rematches with Cynthia, which is a great relief for those who are really looking forward to seeing her. :)
    The thing about that is that, like Fushigidane-Chan said, no one's been able to rebattle her. I've been reading around on other forums as well. :/

I have yet to win my battle with her, but I'm gonna have to try and see if I can rebattle her the following day. I certainly hope this is some sort of misunderstanding.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The thing about that is that, like Fushigidane-Chan said, no one's been able to rebattle her. I've been reading around on other forums as well. :/

I have yet to win my battle with her, but I'm gonna have to try and see if I can rebattle her the following day. I certainly hope this is some sort of misunderstanding.
    What if you can only battle her at a certain time like how you had to call the gym leaders in HgSs at a certain time for a rematch only this time you actually go to the place and ask for a rematch?

Fushigidane-Chan

Years

That's what's been reported, but it's not true. It's once a week, once a month, or once, period. It's not once a day.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't understand the confusion. Actually, where's the source of not once a day? D: Playthrough or...?

Though either way in the third game we'll all get to battle her, everyday, no matter what, lol. Imo, at least.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years

No one has been able to rebattle her? Ive battled here like 5 times already lol.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    the reason Steven is still hoen champ is because S/G came before R/S in the time line.
    so he is still champ because Wallace hasn't defeated him yet.
    I don't remember Wallace defeating Steven. They just replaced him in Emerald. Emerald is not a sequel to Ruby/Sapphire, it's a third version that changes the story.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    No one has been able to rebattle her? Ive battled here like 5 times already lol.

Good! That means she can be battled again. I was reading other posts on forums saying they were unable to rebattle with her on following days. =(

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I just kicked her butttttt (using 1 pokemon) with my level 70 Ulgamos without loseing any HP. i feel so proud LOL

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I can't rebattle her, she just keeps asking me what color bikini she should wear tomorrow.

The being said, her room is pretty fun, since talking to the people there reveals more about them.
    Didn't know Fuuro and Kamitsure are good friends until they mentioned it there.

[edit]
    According to the Japanese BW wiki, rematches are limited to spring only.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    it is cool she made an appearence i beat her second try because i did not know she was that high of a level :) it shows ties to the older gens though which i like.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I can't rebattle her, she just keeps asking me what color bikini she should wear tomorrow.

The being said, her room is pretty fun, since talking to the people there reveals more about them.
    Didn't know Fuuro and Kamitsure are good friends until they mentioned it there.

[edit]
    According to the Japanese BW wiki, rematches are limited to spring only.

Yeah, it seems Serebii also secretly updated their page on it as well,
    https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/strongtrainers.shtml
    "Spring Only"

A bit of a bummer, but I'm glad that you can rematch her at some point. I also find it great she asks you what color bikini she should wear tomorrow, XD Is that really what she says?

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Yeah, it seems Serebii also secretly updated their page on it as well,
    https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/strongtrainers.shtml
    "Spring Only"

Yep, mystery solved. She remains in Sanzami City for both Spring and Summer, but she only battles you during Spring.

A bit of a bummer, but I'm glad that you can rematch her at some point. I also find it great she asks you what color bikini she should wear tomorrow, XD Is that really what she says?

Yeah, it's true. The whole script's been translated.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yep, mystery solved. She remains in Sanzami City for both Spring and Summer, but she only battles you during Spring.

Glad that was cleared up. There will be other visitors to visit Cynthia and yourself during some parts, so that's probably why.

I'm glad Cynthia puts on quite a challenge (or so many people had a difficult time defeating her) when battling you though. The levels are pretty high in this game so I know I'm going to have to put on a lot of training throughout the game. n_n; I am however, thrilled to battle her again as she's my favorite character in the Pokémon games. Back in DPPt she wasn't too difficult for me, so I'm hoping this time I'll get the challenge I've expected from her.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Glad that was cleared up. There will be other visitors to visit Cynthia and yourself during some parts, so that's probably why.

I'm glad Cynthia puts on quite a challenge (or so many people had a difficult time defeating her) when battling you though. The levels are pretty high in this game so I know I'm going to have to put on a lot of training throughout the game. n_n; I am however, thrilled to battle her again as she's my favorite character in the Pokémon games. Back in DPPt she wasn't too difficult for me, so I'm hoping this time I'll get the challenge I've expected from her.

This time she's packing the "invincible" Shibirudon and Wargle replacing Roserade and Togekiss, which kind of made her team weaker in Platinum, imo.

Back