• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A Sinnoh Appearance?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This time she's packing the "invincible" Shibirudon and Wargle replacing Roserade and Togekiss, which kind of made her team weaker in Platinum, imo.

I was a bit disappointed to see Togekiss go though. :( One of my favorites. <3

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    No, Isshu needs more Professor Oak. Cynthia being in a game is so stupid, they're just recycling things now.Actually, I rather like this. Cynthia was about the only leader that used good pokemon and it's great to see a trainer with more than a single working brain cell come back, especially someone as awesome looking as Cynthia.

I personally think it's a good change to have a female professor for once. Also, they always tend to have other gym leaders or champions appear in different regions; it's nothing new and it's certainly not "recycling".
    The person who plays the games usually like to see a old gym leader or old champion appear in newer games because it gives a sense of nostalgia.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    No, Isshu needs more Professor Oak. Cynthia being in a game is so stupid, they're just recycling things now.Actually, I rather like this. Cynthia was about the only leader that used good pokemon and it's great to see a trainer with more than a single working brain cell come back, especially someone as awesome looking as Cynthia.
    How is that stupid they have always recycled Oak anyways, plus SS had Cynthia too, it also had Steven stone...plus I'm tired of Oak >_<

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Togekiss was hard in Platinum, I don't like her having Wargle.

Togekiss was pretty difficult to defeat, but Wargle isn't a walk in the park, either. And I love the addition of Shibirudon. As much as I love Roserade and Grass-types, it was undeniably the weakest member of Cynthia's team.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Most people assumed Gastrodon was her weakest link, although its probably Roserade, but how about we stop dwelling in the past.

Genosekuto

L337 3P1CN355
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    I think its awesome that we get to pwn Cynthia again.
    I can't wait for the game :D

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Most people assumed Gastrodon was her weakest link, although its probably Roserade

I just like to pretend Cynthia never had a Gastrodon. :P

Is anybody else puzzled on why Cynthia would get a Shibirudon?

Probably because they wanted to make Cynthia challenging, and what's more challenging than a Pokemon with no weaknesses? She does have a Spiritomb too, after all.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    What I really like about her appearance in BW is how it shows more of her character.
    A few facts you find out about her:

- She is (possibly) a heavy shopper, as hinted by she mentioning how she brought too much swim wear.

- She isn't good at cleaning (she says she wants to live in Sazanami, but that'll mean bringing all of her research notes. Then, she says to herself how it's really time she cleaned up her room.)

- Can't decide between a black or white bikini.

- Also according to a swimmer in the near by sea, she looks "great!... more like beyond words" in a bikini.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Could someone classify for me what fits Cynthia and what doesn't, then? She doesn't have a general theme. As far as I'm concerned, Shibirudon fits her more than, say, Garchomp.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    they said you can battle her in spring and summer but its autum and i can still battle her

wikzan

FC: 0946 9273 6810 PM Me
    Years
    they said you can battle her in spring and summer but its autum and i can still battle her
    Have you actually beaten her at all. Because i have and now i can't fight her. During the summer i think you can't fight her at all but only talk to her and the visitors she gets.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Could someone classify for me what fits Cynthia and what doesn't, then? She doesn't have a general theme. As far as I'm concerned, Shibirudon fits her more than, say, Garchomp.

Cynthia doesn't really have a type fitting, correct. Her Pokémon are mixed with several of the types being Water, Electric, Dragon/Ground, Ghost/Dark, Fight/Steel and Normal/Flying; with none of them being the same type. I guess this doesn't really take importance as she is the Sinnoh champion where she doesn't exactly need a main type address. Aside from that, I'd say these Pokémon suit her. Cynthia doesn't really need an exact main type for her Pokémon since having different types makes the challenges harder. If she had almost all the same types for her Pokémon, it'll be pretty easy to beat her as long as you're within her level range (or higher) and have the Pokémon that the type she mains in has a weakness of. n_n Plus I think it's fine if only the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members have a main typing for their Pokémon, as they have a specific badge or Elite composition (like how their room design is supposed to match the type they have in Pokémon) for the type they are.

...And for those who want to know what Pokémon Cynthia has of the typing, I put them in spoilers since I don't want to ruin anybody's surprise of her Pokémon as well. >w>
    Spoiler:

Marowak10

Skull Wearer
    Years
    nononono. B/W is around the same time as RSE, because of the supposed 3rd generation remakes.
    B/W isn't a remake though, so how could that be definite? I mean, it would be awesome if in a future game there could be a Gym Frontier where you could battle all gym leaders is order, starting with Brock and ending with the last B/W leader, then the champs and wandering trainers, like Ash, Steven/Wallace, or people like in DPPt, such as Riley.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years

Cynthia doesn't really have a type fitting, correct. Her Pokémon are mixed with several of the types being Water, Electric, Dragon/Ground, Ghost/Dark, Fight/Steel and Normal/Flying; with none of them being the same type. I guess this doesn't really take importance as she is the Sinnoh champion where she doesn't exactly need a main type address. Aside from that, I'd say these Pokémon suit her. Cynthia doesn't really need an exact main type for her Pokémon since having different types makes the challenges harder. If she had almost all the same types for her Pokémon, it'll be pretty easy to beat her as long as you're within her level range (or higher) and have the Pokémon that the type she mains in has a weakness of. n_n Plus I think it's fine if only the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members have a main typing for their Pokémon, as they have a specific badge or Elite composition (like how their room design is supposed to match the type they have in Pokémon) for the type they are.

...And for those who want to know what Pokémon Cynthia has of the typing, I put them in spoilers since I don't want to ruin anybody's surprise of her Pokémon as well. >w>
    Spoiler:

It's to note, though, that Cynthia usually employs Pokemon with few or no weaknesses. Spiritomb and Shibirudon have no initial weaknesses, Lucario sports a broad array of immunities / resistances from typing, Milotic / Garchomp only have two weaknesses (though she also used Gastrodon at one point, which only has one weakness).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    B/W isn't a remake though, so how could that be definite? I mean, it would be awesome if in a future game there could be a Gym Frontier where you could battle all gym leaders is order, starting with Brock and ending with the last B/W leader, then the champs and wandering trainers, like Ash, Steven/Wallace, or people like in DPPt, such as Riley.
    Well most assume R/S/E takes place at the same time as RGBYFrLg because of the Kanto remakes and they think the same about GSCHgSs and DPPt happening at the same time only because those games (FrLgHgSs) were remade in the same gens as Hoenn and Sinnoh were introduced so they think the same would apply to B/W if R/S or E are/is remade...
    though really I don't think RSE takes place in the same time as either Kanto or Isshu's stories as there is no proof unlike GSC and DPPt where their is proof...

Back